Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2020, 19:44   #1
BHPian

Wish fulfilled after 7 years! Happy to join you all

Hello everyone, I am John Patrick Daniel from Tuticorin, Tamil Nadu. Being a mechanical engineer at heart, anything that runs on wheels has always been my point of interest. Besides automobiles, my interests include photography, long rides on bikes, listening to music and Do-It-Yourself stuff.

My favourite ride is my Pulsar 180 UG4(2013-Now). Simple, adequately powerful and an all-rounder. I always love a bike that feels and responds to my wrist and the KTMs have been the best so far.

With cars, my dream cars would be the McLaren F1 and the Ford Mustang(2006 model). As for the cars i drive, a cute little Hyundai Eon(Pre-owned) served us for 5 years and I have to say, it is a reliable little machine that's simple to use. A great car for city runs. It was fitted with sound proofing on doors and boot. ICE upgrades include a Sony single DIN, Focal component speakers and a custom sealed 6" sub. The wheels were changed to santro xing wheel rims and tyres for increased ground clearance.

It is replaced by Tata Altroz 1.2L NG since June 2020. So for it is a good upgrade from the Eon. Being a top variant, there's little to do in terms of mods. When it comes to cars, handling is my priority and the Altroz performs pretty good in that regard. The performance is adequate and unless it is driven pedal to the metal, the engine performs well. My family fell in love with the car and i think that's the most important aspect. Hope it serves us well.

I gained a lot from this forum and it's my turn to give something back to it. Glad to be a part of Team-BHP. See you all around.
John P Daniel is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th July 2020, 20:01   #2
BHPian

re: Wish fulfilled after 7 years! Happy to join you all

Quote:
Originally Posted by John P Daniel View Post
Hello everyone, I am John Patrick Daniel from Tuticorin, Tamil Nadu. Being a mechanical engineer at heart, anything that runs on wheels has always been my point of interest. Besides automobiles, my interests include photography, long rides on bikes, listening to music and Do-It-Yourself stuff.

My favourite ride is my Pulsar 180 UG4(2013-Now). Simple, adequately powerful and an all-rounder. I always love a bike that feels and responds to my wrist and the KTMs have been the best so far.

With cars, my dream cars would be the McLaren F1 and the Ford Mustang(2006 model). As for the cars i drive, a cute little Hyundai Eon(Pre-owned) served us for 5 years and I have to say, it is a reliable little machine that's simple to use. A great car for city runs. It was fitted with sound proofing on doors and boot. ICE upgrades include a Sony single DIN, Focal component speakers and a custom sealed 6" sub. The wheels were changed to santro xing wheel rims and tyres for increased ground clearance.

It is replaced by Tata Altroz 1.2L NG since June 2020. So for it is a good upgrade from the Eon. Being a top variant, there's little to do in terms of mods. When it comes to cars, handling is my priority and the Altroz performs pretty good in that regard. The performance is adequate and unless it is driven pedal to the metal, the engine performs well. My family fell in love with the car and i think that's the most important aspect. Hope it serves us well.

I gained a lot from this forum and it's my turn to give something back to it. Glad to be a part of Team-BHP. See you all around.
Hey John,
Welcome to the forum. Hope to see you around the forums and an ownership thread of the Altroz (?).
Ciao
Old 29th July 2020, 17:52   #3
BHPian

Re: Wish fulfilled after 7 years! Happy to join you all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreesh1009 View Post
Hey John,
Welcome to the forum. Hope to see you around the forums and an ownership thread of the Altroz (?).
Ciao
Thank you. I will provide an ownership experience of the car.
Old 29th July 2020, 18:51   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by John P Daniel View Post
Welcome to the forum John! And yes - hopefully we'll see a proper ownership thread from you with plenty pictures and details of your experience as an owner. For a car selling pretty well - there sure is a scarcity of Altroz ownership threads on TBHP.
Whats this deal about "wish fulfilled after 7 years"? I didn't find anything ahout the heading in the post afterwards. Was your 1st attempt 7 years ago to get a membership?

I see you are a DIY guy. Great! Hope to see your ideas & implementations in the DIY subforum too. Remember - it need not necessarily be about cars or bikes at all! We post anything we do in there!

Take care & see you around on the forum.
Old 29th July 2020, 20:15   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
For a car selling pretty well - there sure is a scarcity of Altroz ownership threads on TBHP.
Yeah, I was searching for one as well. Guess it's time to post my own.

Quote:
Whats this deal about "wish fulfilled after 7 years"?
My first try was in 2013 when i started driving. It was also the time when we bought the Hyundai Eon. The second try was in 2017 i guess. This is my third one.

Quote:
I see you are a DIY guy. Great! Hope to see your ideas & implementations in the DIY subforum too.
Sure i will. It's my pleasure.
John P Daniel is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks