Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2021, 21:29   #1
BHPian

Hola fellow BHPians!

Hi everyone,

Myself Ajith, and I'm ecstatic to be a member on this esteemed forum; which I used to lurk around as a silent spectator for the past 8-10 years. A few days back I took the courage to hit that Register button. Today, the moment has come and I'm submitting my first post.

My auto enthusiasm started during the childhood days when I was fond of car tyres. I think many of us owned them as a toy in some part of our childhood. They invoked some kind of interest in me. My paternal grandmother knew this and she asked our driver to get me one. Soon, I become a proud owner of an auto rickshaw tyre (silly me). I still remember the exact moments that happened almost 3 decades back.

Circa 1997, my elder brother brought an Overdrive magazine while returning from Bangalore. Thereon it become a habit for both of us. Still have about 20 to 30 copies at my home. Good old memories.

Hola fellow BHPians!-img_20210109_210904.jpg

Looking forward to contribute and learn from all and thanks for having me onboard.

~ASP~
ASP007 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th January 2021, 00:17   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hola fellow BHPians!

Hey ASP007 - welcome aboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASP007 View Post
...I used to lurk around as a silent spectator for the past 8-10 years.
Wow... sometimes i wonder what it would be like to be read-only for a decade and then one day decide to 'have a voice'. Or what the motivator to sign up after 8-10 years was? Was there a specific comment or thread that pushed you over the edge?

Quote:
...My auto enthusiasm started during the childhood days when I was fond of car tyres.
Well... some do say it is the greatest invention in the world!

Quote:
...Still have about 20 to 30 copies at my home.
Earlier today I was thinking of getting rid of some of my old car magazines, but then thought "what if for some reason I need to refer to one of them for something specific?", and my immediate answer to myself was - "I'm sure there's a BHPian who will have a copy!".

Hope to see you putting those posts to good use around the forum...

- R
Rehaan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2021, 16:54   #3
BHPian

Re: Hola fellow BHPians!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Hey ASP007 - welcome aboard!

Wow... sometimes i wonder what it would be like to be read-only for a decade and then one day decide to 'have a voice'. Or what the motivator to sign up after 8-10 years was? Was there a specific comment or thread that pushed you over the edge?

Well... some do say it is the greatest invention in the world!

Earlier today I was thinking of getting rid of some of my old car magazines, but then thought "what if for some reason I need to refer to one of them for something specific?", and my immediate answer to myself was - "I'm sure there's a BHPian who will have a copy!".

Hope to see you putting those posts to good use around the forum...

- R
Thanks Rehaan!

Can't elucidate you much on my late sign up to the forum. May be one such reason is that, I will be late to the threads and by the time other members would have articulated same opinion concisely. Didn't want to increase forum bandwidth with my brickbats. However, I've used the contact us option to share my feedback a couple of times.

Glad to hear that you too have a good collection of the auto mags. Never tired of reading them again and fascinated by the transformation happened over the time.

Moved a cupboard at my parent's place recently and I was smitten by this. Brought back some good old memories.

Hola fellow BHPians!-img_20210112_164529.jpg

Once again, thanks for welcoming me onboard. As and when I get the time, I'll put forward my thoughts and comments.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks