Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2021, 22:24   #1

Hello BHPians!

I am Pravin. VLSI Engineer by profession, working for a Semiconductor company which makes Chip for different applications and the group which I work for specifically makes Chip that goes into critical modules of your Car

I live in Bangalore and my hometown is Nagercoil (close to Kanyakumari). Best part of living 700Kms away from home town is that I go for long drives multiple times in a year. When I started long drives, highways were single road with no road divider, only reprieve during those days would be Bypass roads when we approach a major town. And one would never feel sleepy during those drives due to on-coming traffic and challenges involved in over-taking and to stay alive

I have usership (Dad owned it) experience of Maruti Omni, Hyundai Santro, Maruti Swift, Hyundai i10 and ownership experience of Honda City, Hyundai Creta

I have learned a lot from Team-BHP over the years as a flying visitor and now am excited to be part of this wonderful community. Looking forward to learn more from fellow BHPians and share my experience in areas possible.

Happy New-year to Everyone !!
wpravin is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th January 2021, 09:36   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hello BHPians!

Welcome to the forum, Pravin!

Interesting line of work there; do share about what you do if possible/ permitted. Getting out for long drives is enjoyable indeed and Bangalore has so many destinations in every destination that you don't really fall short of places to explore! As do the southern states so you really are spoilt for choice. We're hoping to do a coastal drive from MH to Kanyakumari sometime fairly soon.

Looking forward to reading your posts!
libranof1987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2021, 13:26   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Welcome to the forum, Pravin!

Interesting line of work there; do share about what you do if possible/ permitted. Getting out for long drives is enjoyable indeed and Bangalore has so many destinations in every destination that you don't really fall short of places to explore! As do the southern states so you really are spoilt for choice. We're hoping to do a coastal drive from MH to Kanyakumari sometime fairly soon.

Looking forward to reading your posts!
Thanks @libranof1987

Regarding work - I can share a bird's eye view of what I do. I work on Functional design and verification of chip's (IC -Integrated Circuit) which gets into cars ECM or chassis control sub-system. These chip's detect issues during car operation and take corrective action to prevent malfunction. These modules could be interacting with brakes and engine so it can impact human lives, Because of which the Design process is complex and chip goes through different levels of testing before getting inside a car. Typically it takes 3-5 years for an IC component to be Designed, verified and labelled that it's safe to use in a car. Once design is done it will be manufactured in large scale so margin for error is nil, Even a minor error identified later cannot be fixed with a patch like in case of a software

Nice to know about your coastal drive plan which would cover beaches and scenic western Ghats. Looking forward to read your travelogue
wpravin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2021, 16:51   #4
Team-BHP Support

Welcome to the forum! Great to have some one who understands the car electronics and its internal architecture. Many of these mission critical HW are absolutely crucial and just cannot afford to fail!

Welcome again and look forward to seeing your posts.

Last edited by ampere : 12th January 2021 at 16:53.
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks