Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2021, 20:14   #1
Senior - BHPian

An intro, better late than never!

Hello everyone! This introduction is long due from my side since I kept on procrastinating about whether I should write or now or later.

I am Akashdeep, a 15-Year Old living in Pune. I am currently studying in Class 10th and will be giving my boards this year. My love for cars has stayed the same since birth with over a 25 scale models and 100+ Hot Wheels still occupying a few cartons! My family currently owns Lokkhi, a 2016 Volkswagen Vento which is primarily used by my dad (You can read more about her here and Pokkhi, a 2008 Chevrolet Spark PS, used primarily by my mom. We also have a Hero Honda (Yes, you read that right!) Pleasure and soon to join is a Meteor 350 (sometime in June/July).

My Team-BHP membership officially became my birthday present since I got approved just 2 days before it and there's not been a day since that I've not opened the website . My other interests include Photography, Swimming & F1 and I hope I will be able to continue living up to the standards of this forum.
akash_v12 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 17th January 2021, 05:55   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: An intro, better late than never!

HI Akashdeep,

Welocome to Team-BHP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_v12 View Post
Hello everyone! This introduction is long due from my side since I kept on procrastinating about whether I should write or now or later.
Considering how often you post, I am a little surprised that you hadn't put up an introduction so far.

Quote:
My love for cars has stayed the same since birth with over a 25 scale models and 100+ Hot Wheels still occupying a few cartons!
If most of us are anything to go by, this love will continue for many decades
to come.

Quote:
My family currently owns Lokkhi, a 2016 Volkswagen Vento which is primarily used by my dad (You can read more about her here and Pokkhi, a 2008 Chevrolet Spark PS, used primarily by my mom. We also have a Hero Honda (Yes, you read that right!) Pleasure and soon to join is a Meteor 350 (sometime in June/July).
Interesting names those. Who is the Meteor for?

Quote:
My Team-BHP membership officially became my birthday present since I got approved just 2 days before it and there's not been a day since that I've not opened the website
Nice to know that. Always fun to start something new on your birthday.

Quote:
My other interests include Photography, Swimming & F1 and I hope I will be able to continue living up to the standards of this forum.
Looking forward to good contributions from you over the years to come.

See you on the forum.
Aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2021, 09:50   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_v12 View Post

I am Akashdeep, a 15-Year Old living in Pune. I am currently studying in Class 10th and will be giving my boards this year. My love for cars has stayed the same since birth with over a 25 scale models and 100+ Hot Wheels still occupying a few cartons! My family currently owns Lokkhi, a 2016 Volkswagen Vento which is primarily used by my dad (You can read more about her here and Pokkhi, a 2008 Chevrolet Spark PS, used primarily by my mom. We also have a Hero Honda (Yes, you read that right!) Pleasure and soon to join is a Meteor 350 (sometime in June/July).

My Team-BHP membership officially became my birthday present since I got approved just 2 days before it and there's not been a day since that I've not opened the website . My other interests include Photography, Swimming & F1 and I hope I will be able to continue living up to the standards of this forum.
I owe you a big thank you, Akash. I didn't know Team-BHP had no age limit until I saw your post on your dad wanting to buy a Royal Enfield. Keep writing awesome content, and yeah my Hotwheels collection is bigger than yours!
Edit: I applied for membership immediately after I saw your post on your dad's interest in a Royal Enfield. You mentioned "I am 15 and will get my license in 3 years". I applied for membership the very next second.

Last edited by saikishor : 17th January 2021 at 09:55.
saikishor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2021, 15:13   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Hi Akashdeep,

Welcome to Team-BHP.
Thanks Aditya!

Quote:
Interesting names those. Who is the Meteor for?
The name Pokkhiraj actually stands for "a flying horse" in ancient Bengali mythology, which happens to be my native. Pokkhi came from there and the Vento was nicknamed "Lokkhi" to complement Sparky.

The Meteor happens to be for my dad. Currently, the bike has been put on hold due to a much bigger purchase with hopes of getting it delivered sometime in June/July.

Quote:
Looking forward to good contributions from you over the years to come.
Thank You!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saikishor View Post
I owe you a big thank you, Akash. I didn't know Team-BHP had no age limit until I saw your post on your dad wanting to buy a Royal Enfield.
Haha! One of the most heartwarming things I've read today. Even I was kind of apprehensive to apply but I had been trying since I was 13 and hence, didn't back out. Since joining the forum, I've found that there quite a few teens here too!
akash_v12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks