Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2021, 18:55   #1

Greetings from an old newbie

Hello world!
Its good to be part of a group that I have been stalking silently for over a decade. I first heard of Team BHP in 2008 when a friend of mine boasted of his membership into this elite and exclusive group. I tried for membership right then, but was turned down (probably because the only vehicle I ever owned was a 1980 Yezdi which I had ‘borrowed permanently’ from my uncle). I have been an avid reader of the forums, and consulted it whenever anyone in the family wanted to buy a vehicle.

My first love is aircraft, and I was fortunate enough to get paid to do what I love. I am an experimental test pilot, and have flown over 20 fixed wing aircraft in the Indian air force, including fighter, transport and trainer aircraft. And before you ask, no I haven’t flown the Rafale. Yes, it is a great aircraft. So is the LCA. That ends the self-aggrandising part of the intro without breaking the Official Secrets act .

My automotive stable comprises the aforementioned Yezdi, still lovingly maintained, a 2004 Corolla which I bought pre-worshipped in 2010, and a 2019 Hexa XTA. I also had a 2008 Wagon R which I sold off when buying the Hexa. My wife is a doctor, and as she stridently puts it, the Hexa is HERS!

I am in the process of looking for a replacement for my Corolla, in the 15-20 L range, preferably preowned. The only conditions being that it has to be an automatic and an upgrade from the Corolla. Looking at Volvos, Beemers and Camry. The other option at the other end of the spectrum is I go for a new Polo GT TSI. Suggestions welcome!

Looking forward to being part of this wonderful fraternity.
Cheers!
Aarvee76 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 16th January 2021, 20:29   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Greetings from an old newbie

Welcome home if I may say so. I think you will find the new thread on the Tejas defence deal a great place for you to share some thoughts as well as the many aviation threads, some painstakingly started by V Narayan.

You should also start a new thread on your car purchase dilemma. You will have plenty of experts, enthusiasts, and every day drivers chiming in with food for thought.

We look forward to hearing more of your aviation insights on the aviation side of this forum.

Welcome again!
Red Liner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2021, 20:59   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Greetings from an old newbie

Welcome aboard, Captain. It would be interesting to learn about your flying experiences in the forces.
vigsom is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks