Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2021, 14:30   #1

Namaskaram from Melbourne

Hello !
I am a fellow petrol head from Kochi who is now living in Melbourne. I have been lurking around on this forum for quite a long time and finally decided to sign up and share some of my experiences with some special pocket rockets.

Renault Sport Clio 200 EDC - 2015 - 2018 This was my first experience with a dual clutch transmission. Had a RS Tuning UK stage 1 tune, Scorpion catback exhaust and Eibach lowering springs. It was quick off the line with very sharp handling but I missed shifting manually (not paddles) and wanted to go back to something I was used to.

Namaskaram from Melbourne-e387c2f75cd044d78e31e2252b1142d4.jpeg

Ford Fiesta ST180 - 2018 - 2020 This is my second ST (I had a 2013 model before the RS). I really enjoyed driving this on the twisty roads in country Victoria and occasional track days with mates. This had a Milltek Downpipe, Ramair Intake and Mountune intercooler with etuners stage 2 tune. Suspension wise it had camber bolts and Vogtland lowering springs.

Namaskaram from Melbourne-e722fa9bfbf54846a7de8d968f825ad6.jpeg

Hyundai i30 N Performance - This is my current car that I have owned since Aug 2020. Its pretty much stock other than some visual mods such as body kit and decals. The N comes with a 7 year warranty (including track use) and I want to keep it for a little while.

Namaskaram from Melbourne-4b1bd432e55d4fed86f163597788a673.jpeg

As you can see, I am a hot hatch kind of guy but I do love all kinds of cars and motorcycles.

What prompted me to sign up here now is the fact that we just purchased a new family car in Kochi and want to learn more about the brand and ownership experience.

Mercedes Benz C300d AMG Line - Black on black. Was bit of a hassle finding one as the MB dealer advised me that this one is not very popular (at least in Kerala). I just love the look of this one compared to the 220d and 500nm torque is always handy The photo below is what the dealer sent me and mom and dad will pick up the car next week (on their wedding anniversary). I cant be there for this one thanks to covid travel restrictions :(

Namaskaram from Melbourne-192011d3ff374c54b25c0a605edcad29.jpeg

Excited to be part of this wonderful community and looking forward to learning new stuff
Nthusiast is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2021, 16:04   #2
BHPian

Re: Namaskaram from Melbourne

Welcome man! Those are some really gorgeous cars. I love hot hatches too though would never have associated the Renault brand with them. Coming to the AMG, wow you'll have really fast parents . Here's an ownership review of the car in probably the exact same spec and colour:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...-amg-line.html (My Rooh: Mercedes-Benz C300d AMG Line!). Welcome to the forum and have a great time with the cars
Iyencar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2021, 16:27   #3

Thanks man. I am a Renault Sport tragic LOL I am begging my missus to upgrade her car to the Megane RS EDC (she doesn’t drive manual)

Namaskaram from Melbourne-a67fd87ca9e648b7adc66d97555539ee.jpeg
Old 3rd February 2021, 16:57   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Excellent choice of hot hatches there! Welcome to the forum.

I have huge respect for Hyundai for providing warranty coverage for track use. Some others go to the extent of checking the Sat-nav GPS for track use in case of warranty claims involving the drivetrain.
kiku007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2021, 17:49   #5

Hi, lovely cars there man.

I've been after a Phase 2 182 Cup + Phase 3 RS200 since I could drive. I've been getting tempted by the newer options. So just curious on how your RS200 has been to live with in Melbourne?
MrVIPMan250 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2021, 18:36   #6

200 EDC was a good allrounder. But nothing compared to my ph2 172 with rs tuner which revs to 7200 rpm. It was like the ep3 type r for less than half the price. 182 and Clio 3 prices have gone bit crazy lately but if I get a dedicated track car it will be another 172/182.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Excellent choice of hot hatches there! Welcome to the forum.

I have huge respect for Hyundai for providing warranty coverage for track use. Some others go to the extent of checking the Sat-nav GPS for track use in case of warranty claims involving the drivetrain.
I am in love with this i30N. It’s such a balanced car and sounds epic. I have done a resonator delete to enhance the pops and crackles.
Namaskaram from Melbourne-519bf8db0e864ddb877f6bfa5ac87ffc.jpeg

Last edited by benbsb29 : 4th February 2021 at 16:01. Reason: Back to back posts, please use Edit option to add to original post. Thanks.
Nthusiast is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th February 2021, 07:14   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nthusiast View Post
I am in love with this i30N. It’s such a balanced car and sounds epic. I have done a resonator delete to enhance the pops and crackles.
I know what you mean. The stock one makes enough racket I thought.

We've a couple of i30Ns in our Drive club and the owners have very good things to say about it. I've driven along side it and quite impressed. In fact both the Stinger and the i30N are one of the most under-rated/under-appreciated cars in the club. For about $50-60K they offer most bang for the buck. I hope the 8-speed Auto will increase it's appeal.
Old 4th February 2021, 07:33   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nthusiast View Post
Hyundai i30 N Performance - This is my current car that I have owned since Aug 2020. Its pretty much stock other than some visual mods such as body kit and decals. The N comes with a 7 year warranty (including track use) and I want to keep it for a little while.

Attachment 2117411
Welcome aboard! I am in Melbourne too but a sterilised married man. I still rue the fact that I missed the Yaris GR while it was offered for a bargain basement 39,990 drive away.

Nice choice of a car. Did you look at Civic Type R as well? I drove one and its the best front wheel drive car I have ever driven.
extreme_torque is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2021, 08:29   #9
Senior - BHPian

Welcome Nthusiast ! I loved your crisp introduction and getting straight to the crux of the matter, that's cars

You've a nice set of rides in there. Keep revvin' and keep posting. Good day.

Cheers,
Bibendum.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2021, 15:31   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Welcome aboard! I am in Melbourne too but a sterilised married man. I still rue the fact that I missed the Yaris GR while it was offered for a bargain basement 39,990 drive away.

Nice choice of a car. Did you look at Civic Type R as well? I drove one and its the best front wheel drive car I have ever driven.
That GR is just incredible. Saw a white one in docklands last weekend.

Yes I test drove the type r and liked it a lot as well but just couldn’t get over the looks (both interior and exterior). I honestly think they got carried away with the styling.
Old 4th February 2021, 16:04   #11
Team-BHP Support

Great choice of cars there, both in Australia and the one you are picking up in Kochi.
I enjoy fast cars, but haven't owned one yet. I accompany kiku007 on few of the drives with the club, so get to partake in some of the action, even if not behind the wheel.
Old 4th February 2021, 16:17   #12
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to team-bhp! Nice to see someone from my neighboring city (in KL ) who has a garage filled with hot hatches! Looking forward to a video of i30 N with its exhaust notes and of course the pop & crackles! How quick is this car now (0-100kmph)?

Last edited by clevermax : 4th February 2021 at 16:20.
Old 4th February 2021, 17:40   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Welcome to team-bhp! Nice to see someone from my neighboring city (in KL ) who has a garage filled with hot hatches! Looking forward to a video of i30 N with its exhaust notes and of course the pop & crackles! How quick is this car now (0-100kmph)?
I haven’t done a 0-100 run in this car yet. In fact I haven’t even used the launch control simply because I don’t think that’s what this car is about. I was thinking about the JB4 piggyback but don’t know if I need the headaches associated with premature wear and tear items. I did tune the ECU on my previous 5 cars so let’s see how long it takes before I go down that path again Its hard to keep hold of the driving licence even without any of that lol
Nthusiast is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks