Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2021, 17:12   #1
BHPian

Another one from KA (Kudla)

Pura Dhanikuleg Namaskara
I am Shishir Rao from Mangaluru, I am currently 22 years old and at the moment I am one confused final year law student.
I have been a silent reader of this forum for about 2 years now, never felt like I could add any more info on this forum as there is barely anything under the sun that has not been extensively covered here.
Lockdown last year gave some time at home to utilize my mind in a manner that has been deemed nothing short of "Khatarnak" by my mother.
After reading the ownership review of what can be dubbed the most tastefully done up Pajero SFX in India my father disclosed that he has been a long-time fan of the Pajero and always dreamed of owning one. That was enough for me to begin the hunt to look for one. I applied for a membership at that point so that I have access to certain privileges that will help with the hunt and ownership. Sadly, a discussion on the proposed scrappage policies ultimately led to us scrapping the idea of us ever bringing one home.
Thus, my wish of posting an ownership thread remained unfulfilled(or has it ) and I was once again a silent member on this forum.

Ever since I could speak, I have been an admirer of automobiles, and have been dreaming of driving until the day I could drive, once that was completed the dream of owning my own set of wheels began. A surprise from my parents has led me to begin dreaming for the next thing.
I mostly picked up on how to drive and ride by observing, I could drive fully by 18th birthday although I had not up the age of 18 got the chance to drive.
One of my many kiriks was me driving our Bullet within our colony the day we got it delivered, I was 16 at that time. (Boy did I receive a whupping for that)
The vehicles I have had the pleasure of experiencing throughout my childhood have been
1. Silver RX 100 '89 (Japan Carb) - Sold in 03
2. White Maruti 800 '89 (Purchased in ‘00) - Sold in 05
3. White Honda Activa 1st gen '04 - Still retained.
4. Sold Bright Red Maruti Swift VXI '05 - Sold in 17 (First Car I ever drove)
5. Desert Storm RE Classic 500 '15 - Still retained (Most likely will remain a life time member)
6. White Hyundai Creta 1.6P Automatic '17 - Still retained
The day I got my license and got the go-ahead from my parents to take the car out alone I was so ecstatic that I ended up clocking 150 Kms. around Mysore city in 1 day. And when I got the LL and was allowed only the scooter, I ended up clocking 400 Kms within 2 weeks after which I graduated to the bike.
Due to my staying away from home in my early driving years I have managed to only gain about 35k Kms driving experience(95% with a slushbox, will soon be a different story) and only about 3k Kms riding experience.
I look forward to gaining and adding valuable ideas in my time as a member on this forum.
I'd like to end my intro with -
"I got my TBHP membership on my first try."
*Mic Drop*
KA19Rao is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 5th February 2021, 10:07   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Another one from KA (Kudla)

Hi KA19Rao,

Welcome to Team-BHP and congratulations on getting through on the first try

The Pajero is no doubt a legendary machine. I still remember the day when my friend's dad had purchased a Pajero (Red and white) back when I was school.

I'm not an expert when it comes to off-roaders but I'm sure you will get guidance from the BHPians.

Cheers!
TusharK
TusharK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2021, 11:22   #3
BHPian

Congratulations! Welcome to the community!

From what I’ve seen recently on the Introduce Yourself subtopic, introductions are just getting shorter and shorter these days, and I’m happy that yours wasn’t that way.

Thanks for taking time to write about yourself.

PS - what does this ↓ mean?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA19Rao View Post
Pura Dhanikuleg Namaskara
(Couldn’t find the meaning on Google.)

Last edited by EightSix : 5th February 2021 at 11:24.
EightSix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2021, 11:23   #4
Senior - BHPian

Eere dhanikulu anna - first try and all

Namma ee kutumbag swagata. Welcome to the family.
Great to have another from our neck of the woods.
You have had access to a very nice collection of rides - so you don't need to be a fly on the wall in the forum. Share your knowledge, tell us some stories, make waves - just keep within the rules.

See you around

Samarth Shetty
samaspire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2021, 12:05   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Hi KA19Rao,

Welcome to Team-BHP and congratulations on getting through on the first try

Cheers!
TusharK
Thank you TusharK, I too have some fond memories of the Pajero its a shame Mitsubishi failed in its automotive ventures.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightSix View Post
Congratulations! Welcome to the community!

From what I’ve seen recently on the Introduce Yourself subtopic, introductions are just getting shorter and shorter these days, and I’m happy that yours wasn’t that way.

Thanks for taking time to write about yourself.

PS - what does this ↓ mean?

(Couldn’t find the meaning on Google.)
Whew, I was afraid the intro was a bit small compared to some other brilliant ones on here. Thank you EightSix.
The opening line roughly translates to "Greeting to all the bosses/sirs" its a common greeting in the local language Tulu prominent in Dakshina Kannada and Udupi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Eere dhanikulu anna - first try and all

Namma ee kutumbag swagata. Welcome to the family.
Great to have another from our neck of the woods.
You have had access to a very nice collection of rides - so you don't need to be a fly on the wall in the forum. Share your knowledge, tell us some stories, make waves - just keep within the rules.

See you around

Samarth Shetty
Dhanyavada samaspire anna.
Yes, I will try and be more active on the forum, I think the arrival of a new car will also let me start writing a Long term Ownership review.
KA19Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks