Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2021, 20:51   #1

From silent stalking to posting

I've levelled up finally! I've been on and off reading articles and reviews on this site for about a decade and therefore decided it was time I started contributing too! I ride an Interceptor 650 and recently purchased a Creta too. ADVs and SUVs are my thing because they both go off-roadin

Happy to be here
i_kola is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th May 2021, 12:12   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: From silent stalking to posting

Hello i_kola

Welcome to Team-BHP!

Looking forward to having you contribute and actively participate in the forum.

You could start off by sharing the purchase experience and initial ownership review of your recent acquisition, the Creta.

Great to have you onboard.

Cheers!
Rahul N
RahulNagaraj is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2021, 13:05   #3
BHPian

Hi i_kola

I would like to know more about your experience with the Interceptor. The Fortnine channel video on which motorcycle manufacturer is best, has made me appreciate REs efforts.
mr_robot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2021, 01:11   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RahulNagaraj View Post
Hello i_kola

Welcome to Team-BHP!

Looking forward to having you contribute and actively participate in the forum.

You could start off by sharing the purchase experience and initial ownership review of your recent acquisition, the Creta.

Great to have you onboard.

Cheers!
Rahul N
Aww. Thank You

The purchase experience for the Creta has been no less than a bumpy ride. I almost cancelled the booking - that's how pissed Hyundai got me.

Some background - We've had an i10 in the family for about a decade now. We got it fitted with an aftermarket LPG kit(best in class)and milked the cow for as long as we could. 2020 was not easy on the i10 or the rest of the world for that matter. Frequent garage visits were getting to us and we decided it was time for an upgrade. I spent the next 4 months deciding on the car and the remaining 8 for finances. The i10 is very close to heart, so selling it for peanuts was out of the question. Seltos was the other prospect but the older cousin won our heart.

I work in IT in Bangalore but belong to Mangalore. Frequent visits to my native are very common. The car had to be an SUV because the family was getting larger and so were our requirements. Although the waiting periods were similar across the state, I chose Mangalore coz its what I call home and decided the wait would be worth it - I was wrong

The Agony - I booked the Creta on the 1st of January after being promised a delivery within 60(max 90) days. Having worked my behind off for the last 8 months, I had saved enough to make the complete payment without availing finance. I'm not very inclined towards the latter, paid 2L as down-payment and started crossing off dates on the calendar. Ideally the car was supposed to be delivered around March 15, a week prior to my b'day, sadly it didn't.

Excuses - The saga of to and fro calls to the dealers had begun. Its all I spent my work days on. They just didn't have a sane reason for the delay. It was always allotment issues and very particularly the E Models. The car was loosing out on features but the price remained the same. I also got calls from KIA asking me If I was interested in their kid who could be delivered in 90 days. Nothing seemed to help, no amount of pressure made any difference to the dealer. I finally had to use some external influence to get them to hand me over the Car on the 24th of May (Friend made a few calls and asked them to return the DP amount with a 24% interest rate, we had their commitment paper to serve as proof, and the dealer was in no mood to play around further and get into legal trouble)

May 24th - The car is home. Its a petrol E model with the pearl white paint color scheme. Its all vanilla inside out and I'm reading posts and discussions on how to get it upgraded. Small baby steps coz I don't have a stack full of cash hiding somewhere. Its a pleasure to drive. Lockdown hasn't let me take it for a long spin but I plan on doing that this weekend. The best part about it - its my car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_robot View Post
Hi i_kola

I would like to know more about your experience with the Interceptor. The Fortnine channel video on which motorcycle manufacturer is best, has made me appreciate REs efforts.
RE has been in the family even before I was conceived. My dad's brother rode a 1990 Bullet for a good decent decade before it was stolen in the early 2000s and my Mom's brother still rides his 93 Bullet. Bullet was all the I had on my mind till 2015. I bought my Classic 350 in the start of 2016 and rode it for a good 3 years before upgrading to the Interceptor in early 2020

My Envy(INT 650 Mach 3 Black) turned 1 a few months ago and has clocked 7k on the odo. I've spent good time in the saddle when I rode from Bangalore to Pune, and that 13 hours is what won me over. The bike is a beast. It's got all that you expect in a mid segment entry level cruiser as long as you are willing to break the norm.

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Sheel : 28th May 2021 at 09:26. Reason: Back to back posts.
i_kola is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2021, 01:28   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_kola View Post
I've been on and off reading articles and reviews on this site for about a decade and therefore decided it was time I started contributing too! I ride an Interceptor 650 and recently purchased a Creta too.
Just curious, since you have been on and off our forum for a decade, when did you apply for a membership and when did your membership get approved? Please post pictures of your Interceptor 650 and Creta too.

Welcome to our forum i_kola. Please go through the rules section, no short forms or slang permitted.

Cheers

Last edited by Cyborg : 28th May 2021 at 01:50.
Old 28th May 2021, 01:53   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Just curious, since you have been on and off our forum since a decade, when did you apply for a membership and when did your membership get approved? Please post pictures of your Interceptor 650 and Creta too.

Welcome to our forum i_kola. Please go through the rules section, no short forms or slang permitted.

Cheers
Thank You once again!

Not going to lie. I've applied more than once. Okay, I'm going to be really honest- 3 times. The first was way back in 2012-13 with an email-id that I don't even remember now. The other time was I guess a few months ago and I was shot down and then finally let in this time(about 2 weeks ago). I blame myself for the rejections because I was not very descriptive in my applications.

I'll definitely be posting pictures of both the rides soon
Cheers
Old 28th May 2021, 10:30   #7

Hi i_kola

Nice to meet a Mangalorean staying in Bangalore. I too belong to the same category.

I would love to know what made you choose the Creta over its cousin Seltos. Was it due to the previous ownership of your Hyundai i10 which made you choose the Creta.

PistonHead2003
Old 28th May 2021, 13:58   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistonHead2003 View Post
Nice to meet a Mangalorean staying in Bangalore. I too belong to the same category.

I would love to know what made you choose the Creta over its cousin Seltos. Was it due to the previous ownership of your Hyundai i10 which made you choose the Creta.
Hey PistonHead2003

So it's 2 reasons mainly that made me choose the Creta over Seltos. One you've pointed out evidently - the trust I have in Hyundai due to past ownership. The other is experience - During my stint in the Middle East I drove the Kia Sportage and Kia Optima for a year each and although these cars were good on paper, they didn't connect well with my driving stance. My 3rd year was spent behind the wheel of a Hyundai Tucson (omg what a machine). All these were owned on a rental model and therefore the frequent shifts.

I really wished driving Seltos on the Indian roads would be different, not really though. My friend had lent me his Seltos HTK petrol for a week and it was still the Kia that I had left behind years ago.

Last edited by aah78 : 29th May 2021 at 01:03. Reason: Quote trimmed. Uppercase/lowercase.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks