Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2021, 06:50   #1

Hello Everyone

I am Jacob from the spice garden of Kerala living in the golden state. I have been a decade-long reader of the forum and was truly elated when I saw the email your membership is approved.

As far as cars go, in Kerala, it was mostly Mahindra's, Gypsies etc. After moving to the US which is truly a great auto market I was lucky to try my hands on Toyota's, Hyundai, Ford, BMWs, Honda, VW, and Tesla. Favorite car so far that I have driven is VW eGolf. I will rate it above my Model 3 for the sheer torque and build quality and I was able to lease it for $100.00 a month. My current ride is a Model 3 (didn't need a car for most of last year). I have barely driven few 100 miles over the last year even after parting ways with our family hauler Odyssey. Looking forward to adding a new family hauler hopefully by the end of the year.

Apart from cars and tech, I am interested in commercial horticulture, small space gardening and cooking. Nice to meet you all and very happy to be part of this wonderful forum.

Cheers,
Jacob
jacomath is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 07:25   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hello Everyone

Welcome aboard Jacob! Nice lineup of cars you've gone through. Very curious to hear about your $100/month Tesla lease.
Old 26th July 2021, 09:57   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Welcome aboard Jacob! Nice lineup of cars you've gone through. Very curious to hear about your $100/month Tesla lease.
Thank you moralfibre, $100 lease was for eGolf and not the Tesla. Tesla leases are not that attractive considering EV subsidies at the time of purchase. VW used those subsidies to reduce the monthly lease. It was their first attempt at EV, although you could drive only for 80 - 90 miles in a single charge it made sense as a perfect commute car. Model 3 is obviously much nicer in terms of features and comfort, but sheer driveability from eGolf is just amazing.
jacomath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 10:06   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacomath View Post
Thank you moralfibre, $100 lease was for eGolf and not the Tesla. Tesla leases are not that attractive considering EV subsidies at the time of purchase. VW used those subsidies to reduce the monthly lease. It was their first attempt at EV, although you could drive only for 80 - 90 miles in a single charge it made sense as a perfect commute car. Model 3 is obviously much nicer in terms of features and comfort, but sheer driveability from eGolf is just amazing.
My bad, I got confused between the two.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks