Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2021, 12:41   #1

Hello Team-BHP

Hi, this is Siddharth from Mumbai.

I have been a reader of the forums since forever and really excited to be part of the awesome community. My hometown is Delhi however am living in Mumbai since, ~10 years now and work (from home) here.

Car Journey:

It all started with Alto K10 VXI back in 2013. The itch started after ~8 months I started working. Even though it wasn't the best financial decision, I had so much fun with the vehicle (pocket rocket). This car will always be special, with so many road trips in early 20's. I left India in 2014 for work to Johannesburg, SA and the car was used by my parents in Delhi till my return in 2016. And was finally sold in 2018 to make way for a surprise upgrade.

Hello Team-BHP-alto_k10.jpg

A friend called from Denmark and wanted to sell his 2009 3rd generation Honda City as he had no plans to come back to India. The car was parked for over half its life in a covered parking with a car cover and with 26k on the odometer.

Without a second thought I decided to get it and here is the first pic after getting a car wash & service.

Hello Team-BHP-honda-city.jpg

I felt lucky to get this car as it was more of an aspirational car at the time and mechanically haven't faced any major issues in last 3 years. I plan to use the car till 2025 and it's been hardly driven in last 1.5 years due to the whole staying at home situation we all have. I got rid of all the nicks / scratches and got it repainted in 2019. It looks good as new now. Also did a tyre upgrade to 195mm Michelins during the same year.

Well, that is all about the garage for now and hope to interact with like minded people on the forums.

[PS: Please excuse the pic quality as getting a picture wasn't on top of my mind when I got these cars, these pics are just after getting the keys]
sv20 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 31st July 2021, 12:54   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Hello Team-BHP

Hello Siddharth,

Welcome to the forum and no better place than T BHP for petrol heads to hang out.

A good decision to pick up that car. Honda City 3 rd gen is the one I like the most for it's looks. It's got a timeless design of sorts unlike other City generations. I particularly hated the dolphin look second gen. Just a recap till 4 th gen in the image below.

Cheers,
bibendum.
Attached Thumbnails
Hello Team-BHP-thequint_201712_6617b97697f04be8a322062c529f5537_sedan.jpg  

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 31st July 2021 at 13:02.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st July 2021, 13:20   #3

Thanks bibendum for the recap and helping us refresh our memories. The Ivtec L15A series engine is indeed very refined even by todays standards and economical at the same time. I was once going to Pune and got a mileage in range of ~19km/l as per the mid display, was doing around 90-100 km/h throughout with air conditioning on.

Surprising and satisfying at the same time.
sv20 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2021, 18:01   #4
Senior - BHPian

Welcome aboard sv20.
I have seen the pocket rocket overtake "bigger, bolder and allegedly better" cars on highways to their dismay(me included). Little did they know what K10 meant in an Alto

The version of City you have is my personal favourite after the original VTEC of course.
shancz is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks