Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2021, 12:22   #1
BHPian

Tale of an Enfield and a Thar!

Hi everyone!

I am Karandeep and I live in Bangalore. While I have been a big fan of TeamBhp fr the longest time, it was always as a reader (or like you call it here, a 'lurker'!).

This changed when I was booking my Thar and started spending countless hours on the forum trying to figure out what variant, mods etc to go for.
Reading other people's ownership review was super helpful and allowed me to make my decision relatively stress free.

I am originally from Chandigarh and have been in Bangalore for the last 8 years.

I have two automobile loves in my life. The first one is my old (2004) Cast iron Royal Enfield Electra (4s).
This always brings a smile to my face and is maintained well enough and ridden frequently enough to start with one kick start (most days, touchwood, god willingly, thoo thoo thoo)- enfield owners know what I am talking about
The second love is the new Thar which is the first time I fell in love with something on 4 wheels. Having driven the old MM540 and 550 on our farm, I knew what I was getting into but the Thar has just blown me away with its drivability and go anywhere, do anything character.
I also had a Hyundai Xcent for 8 years in between which performed its duties flawlessly and will always have special place in my heart due to the memories attached to it.
I will be doing a detailed Thar ownership review at 1000 kms and hopefully record my journey as this my first time owning my very own jeep.

TeamBHP is a super close knit group and one can almost tell the different quirks and peculiarities of its members through their reviews and comments.

Without having met with most of you personally, I already feel that I know some of you and that to me is a very special feeling.

I feel privileged to be a part of this group and look forward to making it an even better place by being an active member!
Attached Thumbnails
Tale of an Enfield and a Thar!-image-ios.jpg  

Last edited by BlackPearl : 1st December 2021 at 17:23. Reason: Minor typo. Thanks.
Kapany is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 16:39   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tale of an Enfield and a Thar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapany View Post
Hi everyone!

I am Karandeep and I live in Bangalore. While I have ben a big fan of TeamBhp fr the longest time, it was always as a reader (or like you call it here, a 'lurker'!).
Welcome to the forum!

Quote:
I have two automobile loves in my life. The first one is my old (2004) Cast iron Royal Enfield Electra (4s).
This always brings a smile to my face and is maintained well enough and ridden frequently enough to start with one kick start.
I am more interested in the Bullet Electra since I have one from 2002. Would be nice to see a picture of it. If I remember, Enfield launched the 5sp in 2004 as well and sold both the 4sp and 5p for a short while.

Quote:
(most days, touchwood, god willingly, thoo thoo thoo)- enfield owners know what I am talking about
Oh yes, needs all that including the three spits when it comes to an old Enfield.
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 17:23   #3
BHPian

Thank you!! Sharing some pics of the electra 4s. I think I got one of the last of the four speeds.
Attached Thumbnails
Tale of an Enfield and a Thar!-f4fd404568cb43dea19eeff1dee26f05.jpeg  

Tale of an Enfield and a Thar!-865eba6290584f848a5eed6ca5925e71.jpeg  

Kapany is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th December 2021, 18:06   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you!! Sharing some pics of the electra 4s. I think I got one of the last of the four speeds.
Extremely well maintained bike Sir. I have a standard 500 and a couple of us go on weekend rides often. A well maintained bullet is a pleasure.

Welcome to the forum.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks