Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2022, 18:51   #1
BHPian

Annyeonghaseyo fellow BHPians!

Annyeonghaseyo fellow BHP-ians.. (Hello in Korean)

About myself:
My name is Sameer and am from Mumbai. In addition to being an auto geek (which explains my interest in Team BHP), i love long drives, reading and my Ladakh trips (yes people, been there about a dozen times). One of my most favourite drives has been to the forzen Pangong lake from Leh city in my friends XUV-500 (W8). Took us about 11 hours to reach but the drive was amazing.

Why a BHP-ian?
Its like home for most of us. And honestly, its a place where asking too many car questions and being a bit fanatic about car is appreciated. According to a friend, a few searches on team-bhp and he was able to convince his father to not sell their Vento after getting a CEL error.

Which vehicle do i own
Well we had a lovely PAL Padmini when i was in school. As i grew up, it started giving some issues and eventually dad got rid of it. Although he wanted the Daewoo Matiz, we had to settle for the Hyundai Santro as Daewoo's India plans were in shambles.

Our parking space has seen the following vehicles:
PAL Padmini (1990 - 2001)
Hyundai Santro LP (2001 - 2010)
Hyundai Santro GLS (2010 - 2015)
Volkswagen Vento HL TSi (2016 - till date) - planning to replace this in 2022/3
Volkswagen Polo GT TSi - Matte (2021 - till date)
Bajaj Pulsar 150 (2003 - 2004) - my accident prompted my father to sell it off
Honda Activa (2004 - 2015) [This was after i threatened to leave house when i was told he had booked a Scooty for me ]
Honda Activa 3G (2015 - till date)

One crazy thing i want to do is to drive my Polo GT TSi from Mumbai to Turtuk and back.

Am attaching a few snaps of my latest beauty.

Thank you mods for accepting my application to be a part of this lovely group.

Cheers,

Sameer
Attached Thumbnails
Annyeonghaseyo fellow BHPians!-bhp_1.jpeg  

Annyeonghaseyo fellow BHPians!-bhp_2.jpeg  

Annyeonghaseyo fellow BHPians!-bhp_3.jpg  

Annyeonghaseyo fellow BHPians!-bhp_4.jpeg  

sameer_vwagner is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 7th January 2022, 05:22   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Annyeonghaseyo fellow BHPians!

Hi,

Welcome to Team-BHP.Good to have you on board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer_vwagner View Post
One of my most favourite drives has been to the forzen Pangong lake from Leh city in my friends XUV-500 (W8). Took us about 11 hours to reach but the drive was amazing.
Ladakh has been a favourite destination for many of us road travellers since a very long time. It is truly a surreal experience.

Quote:
Its like home for most of us. And honestly, its a place where asking too many car questions and being a bit fanatic about car is appreciated.
Glad to hear that Team-BHP. It is the best place to hangout if you are a car enthusiast in the country.

Quote:
Our parking space has seen the following vehicles:
PAL Padmini (1990 - 2001)
Hyundai Santro LP (2001 - 2010)
Hyundai Santro GLS (2010 - 2015)
Volkswagen Vento HL TSi (2016 - till date) - planning to replace this in 2022/3
Volkswagen Polo GT TSi - Matte (2021 - till date)
Bajaj Pulsar 150 (2003 - 2004) - my accident prompted my father to sell it off
Honda Activa (2004 - 2015) [This was after i threatened to leave house when i was told he had booked a Scooty for me ]
Honda Activa 3G (2015 - till date)
Pretty decent list. It's kind of rare not to see a Maruti in a list of cars owned.

Quote:
Thank you mods for accepting my application to be a part of this lovely group.
Welcome once again. We look forward to meaningful contributions from you.
Aditya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2022, 06:12   #3
Team-BHP Support

Welcome Sameer. Good to see another Mumbaikar on the forum. Just out of curiosity, which part of Mumbai are you based in, stay / work wise.

I love road trips too and will be lovely to hear of some of your wonderful road trips, specially to Ladakh. The polo is a brilliant car - I’ve ridden shotgun in my colleague’s 2021 automatic Polo on the odd occasion as well as neighbours older manual petrol Polo and its a pleasant reminder that even their hatchback offering feels properly solid to drive and be driven in - even more than many other sedans I’ve sat in from other brands.

Look forward to your posts on the forum.
Axe77 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th January 2022, 11:28   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Hi,

Welcome to Team-BHP.Good to have you on board.

Ladakh has been a favourite destination for many of us road travellers since a very long time. It is truly a surreal experience.
Thanks a lot, Aditya! And yes man, Ladakh is a must visit place for enthusiasts like us.

Quote:
Glad to hear that Team-BHP. It is the best place to hangout if you are a car enthusiast in the country.
Dead serious about this comment man. It's a lovely forum for us to ask anything and exchange ideas.

Quote:
Pretty decent list. It's kind of rare not to see a Maruti in a list of cars owned.

Welcome once again. We look forward to meaningful contributions from you.
Yes man. Dad had nearly booked the Zen but it had a waiting period of close to 2 months and the Santro was available within 7 days so he opted for the Santro over the Zen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Welcome Sameer. Good to see another Mumbaikar on the forum. Just out of curiosity, which part of Mumbai are you based in, stay / work wise.

I love road trips too and will be lovely to hear of some of your wonderful road trips, specially to Ladakh. The polo is a brilliant car - I’ve ridden shotgun in my colleague’s 2021 automatic Polo on the odd occasion as well as neighbours older manual petrol Polo and its a pleasant reminder that even their hatchback offering feels properly solid to drive and be driven in - even more than many other sedans I’ve sat in from other brands.

Look forward to your posts on the forum.
Thanks a lot man! My office is at Andheri and I stay at Vasai.

Will surely pen down a few things over the course of this month. And yes man, the Polo is another level when it comes to driving experience. Everytime I take it to the highway, it reminds me of how solidly built this vehicle is.

And Ladakh is an emotion man. I drove a Maruti 800 from Leh city to Khardung La top. One of the best drives ever.
sameer_vwagner is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks