Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2022, 15:20   #1

Hello everyone, namaskara from Bengaluru

Hello everyone,
Ellarigu namaskara,

Firstly, I would like to express my gratitude for accepting my registration and giving the opportunity to be one among you. Though I have been an avid reader of the forum/discussions from past 12-13 years, I wanted to be a member to be able to contribute or express my views/opinions in the forum. I am immensely happy that I succeeded.

Secondly, I apologize for not introducing myself in time, soon after I became a member.

About me:
My name is Ravish. I am 34 and currently residing in Bengaluru, with my parents and wife. Previously I was living in Shivamogga (Karnataka) where I finished my education upto Pre-University. We shifted to Bengaluru when I started my engineering here. I have worked for 11 years as a Software Engineer and I am now a full time stock trader.

I am an introvert, a lazy person, and love to spend time staying home, watching movies, reading random articles, browsing this forum, 9gag and reddit. Contradictorily, I also love exploring/traveling, even more if I get to drive to the destination. I love to watch/read the vlogs/blogs posted by different people from different parts of the world.

I have been passionate about cars and bikes from childhood. I used to ask my dad to get those auto magazines whenever I used to see them hanging/stacked in the stands outside the bookstores. I remember picking my favorite car/bike in each page/article found in the magazines, and pretend to drive it.

About cars and bikes:
Being an enthusiast, I got my driving license soon after my 18th birthday. My experience with driving/riding started with Maruti 800 and TVS Victor, both available with the driving school. These vehicles are the reason I am able to drive/ride today, and I will never forget them.

Bajaj Pulsar 150: 2006 model, Cherry Red color, owned by my elder brother but used by me during my engineering days. Sold in 2017.

Mahindra Renault Logan: 1.4 GLX Petrol, 2008 model, Silver color, owned by my elder brother. Sold in 2017.
I still remember the discussions I used to have with my brother to decide which car to buy. We had shortlisted Tata Indigo Marina and Ford Fusion. Then came the twist. We visited Mahindra showroom with a relative who was planning to buy Scorpio. We also liked the Scorpio and we were about to book Scorpio M2Di (Bolero DI Engine). But we were not confident that we could handle SUV and we were looking at a 5 seater. We then checked out Logan in the showroom and we loved it. Logan was still new in market and there was no news about releasing it to taxi segment. That was how we owned the wide body car.

TVS Wego: 2011 model, Brown color, my first vehicle, used by my brother and sister-in-law. Still with me, but unused since 2 years.
Few months into the job, I bought a Wego and within a week I rode it to Mysore. My brother was in Mysore and a scooter made sense as my sister-in-law can also use it. It took me 6 hours from Bengaluru to Mysore, not exceeding 40kmph and a lunch break! Came back with Pulsar.

VW Polo: 1.2 Highline Petrol, 2013 model, Silver color, my first car. Hence the name PassivePolo. Sold in 2021 December.
Funny story! My cousin and I were planning to buy cars and we had shortlisted i20 for him and i10 for me. We had even talked about the accessories to get specifically for these two models. Now comes the twist! His family wanted a sedan and we went to see VW Vento for him and there I fell in love with Polo (recall how we ended up with Logan). I was back from Germany recently and I had no reason to reject the German brand. We both booked the cars that day without even test drive! It was with me for 8.5 years, 70k kms, and had been a part of our family. I was a proud owner, with zero instances of repair/replacement whatsoever. Only expenses were periodic services, tyres, battery and petrol. Unfortunately, we had an accident and I had to sell it after repairs.

Mahindra XUV 5OO W10: 2016 model, Orange color, owned by my brother. Sold in 2017.

Renault Kiger: RXZ Turbo MT, 2021 model, Blue color, my current car (drafting the ownership experience; will be posted in few days).

Thank you for reading through the long post. Wishing everyone happy and safe journeys.

Let more miles bring more smiles.

Regards,
Ravish
PassivePolo is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2022, 16:34   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hello everyone, namaskara from Bengaluru

Namaskara! Welcome to Team-Bhp! Do post ownership threads of your current vehicles and also hope you have read the Forum rules!
arun1100 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks