Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2022, 23:22   #1
BHPian

Hello Team-BHPians

Hello everyone. Like many other new members here, I too finally joined The Team-Bhp after lurking in the shadows for almost a decade. I am thankful to the moderators for accepting my request, allowing me to be a part of something great.

Let’s move on to the introduction part now.

I am Nadir, residing in Patna, Bihar; and I am a businessman (with small b). My riding journey started with my cousin’s RX100, on which I learned to ride motorcycle. The traffic was sparse, the road were satisfactory, so like every teenager of 90s, I throttled the hell out of it. Enjoyed it while it lasted. Fast forward few years, I moved to AnnaMalai University, Chidambram, TN. There I purchased my first bike from Puducherry, in 2010, a Standard 350(92 built). This was the time I started searching web to know more about the Bullet, and there I entered the realm of Team-Bhp(and haven’t left yet). I learned a lot on that bike. Engine seizure in the middle of highway to enjoying ECR in monsoons. Every experience is a happy memory now.

From there, I moved back to my previous university, Aligarh Muslim University. One of my friends was selling his Yamaha RXG. I quickly bought it and again throttled the hell out of it But luck works differently than our plans. I sold that bike, and bought myself another Standard 350(86 built). The bike in the avatar. Modified it into those classic war machines with Desert Storm color before it was even launched as RE Classic. It was one of a kind. Also, during my Aligarh days, I was fortunate to have Yezdi in my garage too. One of my senior had it and it was all ours to enjoy Time passed by, and as luck would have it, my bike got stolen, and after a few months I came back to my hometown, Patna.

My next purchase was first batch of Yamaha FZ25. I needed a hassle free FI engine so that I can travel to mountains (which never happened). Kept that bike for almost 5 years and recently sold it to my Uncle.

Since 2020, my heart was again eyeing for a Standard, but this time it was Standard 500 and Himalayan. There was a lot of confusion in my head. I just went through all of ownership threads on Team-Bhp, and was still unable to decide. Again divine intervention happened, and I found a very good condition Standard 500(and that too Forest Green) on OLX. Didn’t delay much, took the bike to service centre, got it checked and sealed the deal for 1.2L. Probably expensive side, but the bike was in very good condition (2018 model, 19k on odo). So in November 2021, I was again a proud owner of Standard 500 which I will keeping for life.

In all of these purchasing decisions, Team-Bhp has helped me a lot. I would like to continue this forward by adding whatever 2 cents I can, and may be someone can benefit from it.

Thank you to all the members who have unknowingly helped me in my motorcycling journey, and to Team-Bhp for creating such a platform.

Last edited by Aditya : 6th April 2022 at 14:45. Reason: Extra smiley deleted
NTab is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 15:06   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hello Team-BHPians

Hi Nadir,

Welcome to Team-BHP. Good to have you here.

That's a nice and interesting history of bike that your have. Enfields, Yezdis and Yamahas are the original enthusiasts' bikes of India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTab View Post
The traffic was sparse, the road were satisfactory, so like every teenager of 90s, I throttled the hell out of it.
I can relate to that. Back in the 90s the roads were better and the traffic lesser. Driving / riding was a pleasure.

Quote:
Engine seizure in the middle of highway to enjoying ECR in monsoons. Every experience is a happy memory now.
How true. When you look back, all experiences contribute to happy memories.

Quote:
In all of these purchasing decisions, Team-Bhp has helped me a lot.
That's nice to hear.

Quote:
I would like to continue this forward by adding whatever 2 cents I can, and may be someone can benefit from it.
Looking forward to meaningful contributions from you.

See you on the forum.
Aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 20:25   #3
BHPian

Re: Hello Team-BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Hi Nadir,

Welcome to Team-BHP. Good to have you here.

Looking forward to meaningful contributions from you.

See you on the forum.
Thank you Aditya, for the warm welcome and the necessary edit. Let’s hope I can contribute something meaningful, and make fewer mistakes on the way.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks