Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2022, 17:04   #1

Jayesh, from the infamous Mumbai suburbs

Hi,

My name is Jayesh Thakkar. I am from Mumbai and I am 32 years old. I have been in the car driving scene and love it from the time I learnt how to drive on the 1st generation Hyundai Accent after which, there has been no looking back for me.

the 1st real car that I owned was the Swift diesel 1.3 DDiS, which introduced me to turbo engines and made me fall in love with the same. Currently, I use an M340i as my daily driver along with a Nexon EV, which happens to be my 1st ownership of an EV. Currently, the EV is only about a month old and I am finding a new love for silent cars for a change. The M340i is also only 5 months old and it replaced by my beloved Mini convertible, which I sold with a very heavy heart.

I have been reading posts on team bhp for the longest time and was the initiator for my first modded car - the Polo GT TSI, which I had tuned with remaps and added GTI steering etc. It was the most fun to drive car made in India for its price. I got introduced to a lot of people while owning the GT TSI and finally applied and got approved for the forum.

Looking forward to meeting a lot of you in the future and learn and grow along the journey.

Thank you!

Last edited by Aditya : 28th April 2022 at 05:25. Reason: Edited for better readability
jayeshthakkar19 is offline   (9) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 26th April 2022, 22:37   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Jayesh, from the infamous Mumbai suburbs

Welcome, O Jayesh from the infamous suburbs! Why does the infamy cling, might one ask, to your neck of the woods?
locusjag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2022, 11:19   #3

Re: Jayesh, from the infamous Mumbai suburbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
Welcome, O Jayesh from the infamous suburbs! Why does the infamy cling, might one ask, to your neck of the woods?
Thank you for the welcome. Well, infamous for the road conditions and the traffic the western suburbs of Bombay holds making you wonder whether to drive a car or just take an Uber .

Last edited by Aditya : 28th April 2022 at 05:29. Reason: Edited for better readability
Old 29th April 2022, 18:55   #4

Re: Jayesh, from the infamous Mumbai suburbs

Hi Every One,
I am Amit Sehgal an army veteran. I have driven vehicles which today form part of heritage like Nissan Jonga, Nissan 1 Ton and the famous Shaktiman during my army service. It was fun as these vehicles in those times were quite advanced compared to Premier Padmani and Ambassador. They were fuel guzzlers but very powerful.

I have owned a Safari, Toyota Innova, Indica, I10, Carola Altis and at present I am with a trusted Honda Jazz AT and my latest is Jeep Compass Petrol MT. Last year I did a 4X4 drive with WBB of Zanskar on a Thar. Thar was awesome on the tracks and at high altitude.

I am again planning a trip to Leh this time with my better half and more tourists kind driving from Gurgaon to Leh via Manali. I would be grateful if anyone had taken a Jeep Compass Petrol MT on this route to share his experience and what should I prepare for.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks