Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2022, 17:42   #1
BHPian

Bonjour!

Hello Everyone ,

My Name is Srinidhi Srinivas ,I'm 32 years old and I live in the Beautiful coastal town of Mangalore.

I am a Chartered Accountant by qualification.
Currently involved in the family business of O&M of Captive and Hydel Powerplants and Facility management for MNC's in Bangalore and parts of South India.

I have been following Team Bhp for quite a while . Even before becoming a member, I had shared spy pictures of the Mahindra Marazzo test mule, which were passing by Mangalore. Had even received a Gift voucher worth a Rs.800/-

Team Bhp is the first thing that I open as soon as I log into My PC.
To say that I am addicted to Team-Bhp , would be an understatement.

Another thing attracts me to Team Bhp are the Detailed Travelogues by Bhpians.
We are a family who loves touring across the country by road .
Every weekend me and my wife are off to some or the other destination around us to explore. A lot of research for route planning and rest stops are made based on recommendations from Team-Bhp Travelogues.

So, I would love to share my travelogues and stories with other members as well.

I Used to be an avid motorcycle tourer during my 20’s , but off late I have lost interest in Motorcycling and touring on 2 wheels.
A Pic from 2010 , clicked during a tour of Maharashtra.
As you can see in the pic ,I've always been a firm believer in ATGATT !

Name:  ATGATT.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  97.0 KB

Nowadays I have veered more towards fitness and have started bicycling , and during one of those plans to upgrade , it was Team-Bhp to the rescue as there is a sub community for cyclists. I am looking forward to contribute towards this topic as well.

A small introduction of our Garage !
Oh, you’ll want to see my Daily Drive . It’s the most in demand member of our Garage.
It’s so awesome that we have literal fights as to who gets to drive it for the day.

Here's a pic of our Garage, Pre-Covid.

2019 Volvo XC 60 D5 Inscription
2014 Audi Q3 2.0 TDI
2016 Mini Cooper S (F56).

Bonjour!-ayudha-pooja-.jpg
We parted with our Beloved Mini Cooper S just before the Covid wave hit us.

And if you were wondering why the Introduction began with “Bonjour” , That’s because the newest member to our Garage is a French Beauty !

The Citroen C5 Aircross.
Bonjour!-citroen-c5-aircross.jpg

And finally, The most In-demand car of my household.
My daily driver !

Tata Nano XTA
It’s just perfect for navigating through congested city traffic .
Also, Tight parking space isn’t a problem for me anymore , it’ll fit anywhere and everywhere.

Bonjour!-tata-nano.jpg

Ok, That’s it for now.
SRISRI_90 is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 5th June 2022, 10:26   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Bonjour!

Welcome Srinidhi! You & your family have great taste in cars . With your love for cars & road-trips, am sure you are going to fit right in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRISRI_90 View Post
The Cooper S is such a keeper! Nothing like it in any segment, above or below. Why did you sell it?

Quote:
The Citroen C5 Aircross.
An exceptional machine. It left a lasting impression on me, thanks to its superb ride quality, comfy seats, engine + gearbox & solid engineering. Loved it.

Quote:
And finally, The most In-demand car of my household.
My daily driver !
Tata Nano XTA
Haha! Like I said, great taste in cars. I also see you & your family like "different" automobiles. The Volvo, Cooper S, Citroen & Nano XTA are all different choices, away from mainstream preferences & inclinations.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th June 2022, 17:42   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Welcome Srinidhi! You & your family have great taste in cars . With your love for cars & road-trips, am sure you are going to fit right in.
Thanks @GTO. Happy to be part of the family!

Quote:
The Cooper S is such a keeper! Nothing like it in any segment, above or below. Why did you sell it?
Well, we owned it for about 4.5 years and it ran close to 28,000 Kms, we enjoyed every single kilometre travelled in it. But then those run-flat tyres start creating so much trouble, We've had 4 separate incidents where we were stranded in the middle of nowhere, the lack of a spare tyre was a major negative point.

We Live in Mangalore, which similar to Mumbai, gets pounded by heavy rains throughout the Monsoon season, so nearly all roads have been White-topped. Again the run-flat tyres combined with the short travel and stiff suspension of the Mini meant a stiff ride quality in the city. My Parents never enjoyed that.

Once we got the Volvo home, the usage of the Mini dropped drastically, and we felt that the Mini would lose value after the 5th Year, so it was better off to be sold at the earliest.

It was one of those head vs heart decisions and the logic overruled the motion, and now, we regret selling it!

Trivia : It was sold right here on Team Bhp Classifieds and was picked up by a super cool Team-Bhp Mod for his friend.

Quote:
An exceptional machine. It left a lasting impression on me, thanks to its superb ride quality, comfy seats, engine + gearbox & solid engineering. Loved it.
Absolutely, it is SOLID !

Suspension is just perfect, I really don't know how the French do it .
On Highways it rides better than the Volvo XC 60, which has Air suspension on all 4 corners.

Quote:
Haha! Like I said, great taste in cars. I also see you & your family like "different" automobiles. The Volvo, Cooper S, Citroen & Nano XTA are all different choices, away from mainstream preferences & inclinations
Yes, That's because of my dad, who is a pioneer of sorts. He owned the first Electric car in Mangalore, a Mani Reva, way back in 2003. We were also the first to get the Mini, and now the Citroen to our town.

The taste for "different" automobiles is not appreciated by everyone. The general public do not see it that way, we got a lot of flak for spending 50 Big ones on the Mini, everybody thought we were out of our mind as we could have gotten a Toyota Fortuner for that price. But then, that was not what we wanted .
SRISRI_90 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th June 2022, 19:14   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Attachment 2316138

Bonjour!-f5a48dd9268f49c5923ead5ebf1fbe27.jpeg

Parted but I party with it!

Good to see you on board! Welcome!
ajmat is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th June 2022, 21:03   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Attachment 2316641

Parted but I party with it!

Good to see you on board! Welcome!
Thanks for the welcome, glad to see the Mini in right hands

We certainly didn't want it to be a Garage Queen !
SRISRI_90 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2022, 16:03   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks for the welcome, glad to see the Mini in right hands

We certainly didn't want it to be a Garage Queen !
Bonjour!-caf7f26330c94370b86d2b2a1abd3323.jpeg

Yesterday, was a happy reunion. Tossed the keys to Srinidhi and his wife who went for a drive and came back grinning ear to ear. They even gave his father a virtual drive also!

Quote:

Trivia : It was sold right here on Team Bhp Classifieds and was picked up by a super cool Team-Bhp Mod for his friend.
More trivia - the Mini is owned by a 82 year old lady who had been hankering after one for 15 years. This was her 80th birthday present to herself!

Let’s just say, she has stopped short of killing her other passengers by in car heart attacks

Last edited by ajmat : 4th December 2022 at 17:09.
ajmat is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks