Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2022, 21:48   #1

Thank You Team-BHP

Hello BHPians,
First, thanks for approving my membership request. I am 45-Year-Old, fellow from North India but grew up in Karnataka and now residing in Bangalore for over two decades. Working in IT like most people in Bangalore do and enthusiastic about cars, motorbikes, and travel.
I chanced upon TeamBHP in 2006 when I was searching for road suggestions from Bangalore to Goa. That was my first long drive (beyond Mysore) in my first car - WargonR LXi. Since then, I have been following TeamBHP.
On way to Goa:
Name:  Goa1.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  112.5 KB

I have experienced and owned multiple vehicles over the years. Learnt ridingtwo-wheeler on Chetak, used my Dad’s Lambretta for regular shopping runs during my teenage years. Bought RX135 in 2002 couple of years after I started to working, it was stolen after 2 years .
Used the fantastic Bajaj Bravo – what scooter it was, which ended up with me after my Dad’s death.
Bought WagonR LXi as my first car in 2006 – sold it when I went overseas. Purchased Skoda Fabia in 2012 when I returned after 4 years in 2012.

I always wanted to replace my RX135, I was getting older so the de-facto two-wheeler was RE Classic/ Thunderbird, reading through the forum I realized that ABS is must, so went ahead and bought Duke390 (2015). It is a real hooligan; I use it for my commute to office, the reaction of traffic cops is apologetic, if they happen to stop me during any late-night return from office ride, when I remove my helmet - they see a grey-haired middle-aged man on an Orange hooligan.
My Skoda Fabia completed 10 years this year, kids have grown up and we all wanted a new car, so bought a Jeep Compass S Diesel AT 2 months ago.
Jeep Compass:
Name:  JC.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  69.2 KB

I have done a few road trips; all were planned by extensively reading various Team BHP travelogues. Below are few photos from few of my road travels.
2016 Ladakh Drive:
Name:  Ladakh.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  77.0 KB

2018 North East Drive:
Name:  NorthEast.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  91.2 KB

I remember reading on TeamBHP about route to Tawang which does not show up on Google Maps and I took that route as suggested (cannot locate the thread now).

2019 Bangalore to Jaisalmer drive:

Name:  jaisalmer.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  86.6 KB

Photo of a driving day in Switzerland:
Name:  Swissdrive.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  60.9 KB

Here is a recent photo from breakfast ride with motorbike enthusiast from my housing society:
Name:  bikeride.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  104.2 KB

And topping it up with a surprise view of a Tesla in basement of my apartment complex. There were quite a few functions happening in the society, it was a visitor I believe.
Tesla in my apartment basement:
Name:  Tesla.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  73.8 KB

Thank you again, I will try meaningful contribution to Team BHP.
Cheers!
KP.
kamleshp is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 00:44   #2
BHPian

re: Thank You Team-BHP

Welcome aboard, those are some drool worthy pictures! That's a great number of road trips you've got under your belt there, would love to hear more about them.
GForceEnjoyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 01:41   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamleshp View Post
Thank you again, I will try meaningful contribution to Team BHP.
Cheers!
KP.
Welcome to TeamBHP

Man seeing that photo with the Gen 1 WagonR sent me on one hell of a nostalgia trip as we used to have a very similar car, ours was a 2005 WagonR LXI in Silver.

If you don't mind me asking did you own any cars in the 4 years you were abroad?
GreasyCarb55 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 11:55   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GForceEnjoyer View Post
Welcome aboard, those are some drool worthy pictures! That's a great number of road trips you've got under your belt there, would love to hear more about them.
Thank you. Sure, will try to add some, or plan to put a travelogues for future trips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreasyCarb55 View Post
If you don't mind me asking did you own any cars in the 4 years you were abroad?
No, I did not own any cars overseas. I was living in a country with the best public transport - Switzerland, so never felt the need . I did get a DL there and drove around quite a bit from time to time.
kamleshp is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks