Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2022, 18:07   #1

Introduction

Dear BHPIANS, Thank you so much for making me a part of this wonderful forum. I am Shrikant S. Kamalapurkar, a Mechanical Engineer by profession, based in Pune Maharashtra.
Graduated from PDA College of Engineering in 1987, Kalaburgi (Formerly Gulbarga) Karnataka. I was very fond of tinkering with Dad Owned Vehicles which are FIAT Select 1962 and JAWA 1966 on which I learnt Driving and Riding ( Still in working condition and now my son enjoys these two vehicles).

I have owned following Vehicles :
1. TVS 50 1982: Sold in 1985
2. Bajaj Cub 1986: Sold in 2009
3. Bajaj Sunny 1998: Scrapped in 2014
4. TVS Fiero 2002: Sold in 2005
5. Honda Aciva 2007: Traded with a new Activa in 2018
6. Maruti Omni 2007: Sold in 2018
7. Hero Honda Street(1998) 2008 : Bought Pre-owned and Scrapped in 2015
5. Tata Nano 2012: Sold in 2018
6. Renault Duster RXZ 2016: Still Going Strong @ 76K Kms.
7. KTM Duke 2020: @ 25K Kms.

Loved all Vehicles which had their own beauty but All said and done my first love is still Jawa and Fiat due to my nostalgic attachment.

Presently Having Renault Duster 2016 and KTM Duke 250 2020.

Planning to buy a Cruiser Bike on my 60th Birthday and start Leisure Travelling along with my wife.

Hope I have not bored you with my naive writing.

I feel great to be associated with this wonderful group and hope to contribute my experiences.

Thanks once again to the moderators for accepting my membership.
mechtron is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 11:46   #2

Re: Introduction

Welcome here, Mechtron. We own a Bajaj Sunny too - such a relic now. Happy leisure travelling with your wife - life is about good things!
divyapaul2001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 12:47   #3
Team-BHP Support

Hello and welcome to the forum Shrikant!

You will find a lot of engineers here. Must say, you have had some unique vehicles. We had a Kinetic 50cc Luna moped which was so utilitarian, but quite fun. We also had the Bajaj Sunny! Back in the day, Sunny was what Scooty is today.

Even the Hero Honda Street was fun. If I'm not mistaken, it had an auto clutch and 4 gears. This post is taking me down memory lane.

My Dad had a Jawa when he was in engineering college and still remembers it fondly.

Looking forward to the cruiser bike that you will finalise. Keep us posted.
Omkar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 12:55   #4
BHPian

Welcome Buddy!

You're surely going to enjoy the mechanical conversation here, there are many, some very hardcore ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechtron View Post
Planning to buy a Cruiser Bike on my 60th Birthday and start Leisure Travelling along with my wife.
There are quite a few riders here as well, me being one of them. My current rides are, a CBR250R and a Kawasaki Versys 650.

I think RE has unveiled something special for you - RE Super Meteor 650.
iamahunter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 18:16   #5

Mod note: back to back post, please use Multi Quote [Quote +] instead of this. Also please go through the Announcement sections to understand how to quote the relevant part and reply to a post instead of inline replies within quote which is confusing to readers. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by divyapaul2001 View Post
Welcome here, Mechtron. We own a Bajaj Sunny too - such a relic now. Happy leisure travelling with your wife - life is about good things!
Dear Divya, Thank you so much, I had bought Sunny for my wife but because of its simplicity whenever time permitted I used to ride it mainly to go to Market area which used to be very crowded. It was fun and a easy ride with no hassles. Thank you once again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omkar View Post
Back in the day, Sunny was what Scooty is today.
Thank you Omkar, Sunny was simplicity at its best

Quote:
Even the Hero Honda Street was fun. If I'm not mistaken, it had an auto clutch and 4 gears.
Yes it had an auto clutch, easy to drive in crowded places.

Quote:
My Dad had a Jawa when he was in engineering college and still remembers it fondly.
I was in 6th Standard and when my father was not at home, I used to take help from our neighbor boy who was about 16 to push start in second gear and roam in the by lanes near our home. Had lot of fun.

Quote:
Looking forward to the cruiser bike that you will finalise. Keep us posted.
Sure I will, OfCourse I have not finalized the model yet, I will be taking help from the BHPIANS before buying.
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamahunter View Post
Welcome Buddy!

You're surely going to enjoy the mechanical conversation here, there are many, some very hardcore ones.

Thank you, I am surely looking forward to an exciting Forum Journey and interacting with all the Automobile Buffs, enhance my understanding, share my experiences etc.

Quote:
There are quite a few riders here as well, me being one of them. My current rides are, a CBR250R and a Kawasaki Versys 650.
Oh great, have you posted reviews/ experiences on forum, if yes please do share me a link.

Quote:
I think RE has unveiled something special for you - RE Super Meteor 650.
Wow it looks great, Thank you.

Last edited by Jaggu : 9th November 2022 at 19:34. Reason: back to back post, please use Multi Quote [Quote +] instead of this. Thanks.
mechtron is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks