Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2007, 11:45   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello To All Team Bhp Members

Hello to you all. I happened to see our family cars which my son CYRUS (CYRUS43 to you all) has circulated to you all. Due to my all-encompassing passion for anything automotive and due to my particular love for FIAT cars, I am happy to join-in.

First of all, I am still learning the exact procedure for sending this message to you so if i goof on message location etc, please forgive me.

I happen to own 4 FIAT cars, 2 of which you have already seen. I just acquired a 1994 model for my personal use during the monsoon season (when my beauites do not come out of their covered parking slots). I will be restoring this car to the same pristine level as my other cars. I am thinking of the Swift's grey (non-metallic) with a black top or full black. Any alternatives ? I happen to have the FIAT's original thin bumpers and grille and I will attempt to give it the classic "65 onwards" look (Karl - what say ?). Let's see. I still have the original inlet manifold suitable for twin carburettor installation (which was made by APEX AUTO in Worli in Mumbai in the late 1970s) and CYRUS is rying to "patao" me to fit it on one of the cars, but at 6 kmpl and @ 50 Rs a litre, I have second thoughts. But believe me guys, I have driven from Mumbai to Simla and beyond and back in a twin carburettered FIAT and the performance was simply AWESOME (I did this in 1982 for the Himalayan Rally) when petrol was 5 Rs per litre.

Yesterday was a good day for me - I actually managed to purchase NEW UNUSED BUMPERS AND GRILLE OF A FIAT SUPERSELECT. I had to pay good money for it, but I got the parts. Some towns are treasures, waiting to be tapped.

I am sending this message. I hope you guys get it. Please ask any queries you may have and I will be only too happy to answer them.

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th July 2007, 12:13   #2
Senior - BHPian

Welcome Sir . Its wonderful to have you on board.
I have always been a big fan of the old fiat and the kind of work you are doing is really inspiring.
Looking forward to learning a lot from you .
Old 5th July 2007, 12:32   #3
Team-BHP Support

Hi Behram, I have heard a lot about you through Karl and even seen many of your beauties here. Nice to see you here and hope to lots of knowledge on Fiat cars from you. We have already seen your beauties you used for the Himalayan rally and they are here on Team-bhp - See this thread - Rally Fiats
Old 5th July 2007, 12:37   #4
Senior - BHPian

welcome to the forum and go through the announcement section before proceeding further.
Old 5th July 2007, 12:39   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Like Father, like son. Welcome aboard, Mr. Dhabhar. Its a pleasure to have you with us. Please do share with us your experiences of the Himalayan rally and what it was like to be a petrol-head with only two popular cars available (Padmini and Ambassador).

5 bucks a liter for petrol? Sigh.....
Old 5th July 2007, 12:45   #6
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the forum Sir. Its a pleasure to have you here. Your stories from the Himalayan rally will be worth listening to. Do enjoy yourself and you can contact the Support Team for any help you need regarding the forum.
Old 5th July 2007, 12:49   #7
BHPian

Welcome Sir, i dont know much about classics, but the way people are going about it on the forum has got me interested. Hope your contribution to the forum will give us the best of infos on classics and vintages.
Have a Great time SIr
Old 5th July 2007, 12:53   #8
Team-BHP Support

Welcome to the forum, looking forward to sharing the experiences and knowledge.

PS: loved seeing the pics of cars you have restored.

cheers
Jaggu
Old 5th July 2007, 13:00   #9
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the forum Mr. Dhabar, it's a pleasure to have such an enthusiastic father-son duo on board! Have fun here!!
Old 5th July 2007, 13:29   #10
Senior - BHPian

Welcome Mr. Dhabhar! its a pleasure to have you and cyrus with us. its feels great to have a person with us who actually used to work for PAL (??) and that too in the engineering department. the red/black padmini is a drool indeed.

Enjoy your stay here. take care.
Old 5th July 2007, 15:23   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello again,

I am working in the R&D Department of one of the biggest automobile manufacturers in India. We are market leaders in our segment. However, for any TEAM BHP communication, I will not combine my work (which is also my passion) with my hobby (which is FIAT cars). I would like the TEAM BHP communication to be anything besides my work area.

I appreciate all your immediate responses including requests for Himalayan Rally details. I will try to send replies but only after office hours.

Bye for now.

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2007, 17:33   #12
BHPian

Thank you, Sir for becoming a part of Team-BHP.

Waiting for you to share your gyaan and experiences with us.
Old 5th July 2007, 21:11   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome Behram, we hope you can add to the ever growing Fiat threads here. Cheers
Old 5th July 2007, 23:44   #14
BHPian

Welcome Behram. You sure will be our good moral and none the less technical support. Nice to have you here with us.
Cannot imagine the FIAT name spreading like WILD FIRE and the amount of FIAT enthusiasts getting so much gyan on FIATS from this forum.
Old 6th July 2007, 00:05   #15
BHPian

its an honour to have you with us.hope you enjoy your stay
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks