Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2023, 11:53   #1

Hi

Hello everyone,

I have been a long term reader of Team-BHP forum.
Little bit about myself :
- Grew up in Delhi, did my Masters in Comp Sci around 1995.
- Moved to USA in 1997, lived in suburbs of Boston, USA for 15 years.
- Moved to Bangalore, lived 7 years.
- Moved to Bay area, California , lived 4 yrs.
- Moved back to Bangalore 2 months ago.

My car journey :
- Maruti 800 : As everyone, learned with Dad's Maruti 800 in 1996.
- Mazda 626 : Bought my 1st car in 1997 in USA, 10 year old (1987 Mazda 626 manual). Was a big upgrade for me. Power windows, power locks (wow back then).
- Honda Civic : Bought my 1st new car next year, 1998 Honda Civic LX, Green Metallic. It was a dream come true. Very nimble car, enjoyed the sportiness of this car.
- Toyota Camry : in 2001, bought 3 yr old 1998 Toyota Camry LE V6, Green color. Was powerful car but as with all Toyota not much sportiness.
- BMW 325i (E46) : In 2003, traded in my Civic for Brand New BMW 325i, Topaz Blue. I was always a fan of BMWs, collected cuttings from magazines in my college days, now to own it and drive was stuff of dreams. enjoyed it for 8 years over 90k miles.
- Honda City VX automatic : After moving to Bangalore in 2011, test drove all cars but settled on Honda City. Trouble free car.
- Honda Jazz automatic : Wife needed car of her own, hence got Honda Jazz in 2015.
- BMW 335i : Moved to California in 2018 and bought 2015 CPO BMW 335i. It was a go kart, instant acceleration and strong brakes. loved to take sharp corners. With sports tires, excellent road feel.
- Acura TLX : Got 2nd car in 2019 for kids to learn driving. Very comfy car, with sofa type leather seats. Not very responsive. Acceleration was like govt. office, file a request, be patient and then work will happen. Press accelerator , wait and it will finally kick in. may be i am exaggerating but compared to BMW 335i rocket, this was a slow boat.
- Porsche Macan : Finally after years and years of sedans, SUV bug hit me. While friends were buying Model Y, I went and bought Brand New 2021 Porsche Macan. My justification to my friends was whether you like it or not, you will no choice other than electric cars in future, why not enjoy petrol cars while you can.
- As they say, all good things come to an end. My enjoyment with Porsche was cut short with move back to Bangalore. With heavy heart and taking 15k USD hit on 9 months old Porsche, I landed in Bangalore.
- In Bangalore, i realized how many more buildings have come up, metro construction in full swing on ORR, crazy traffic. So question was which car?
- With overinflated car prices, long wait times for new SUVs and my preference now of comfort over driving experience, I decided to go with Old Innova.

So I will look up-to current & previous Innova owners for guidance in sprucing up the car interiors to get it ready and comfortable for long vacation drives.

Thanks for reading long message.

--rawnak

Last edited by aah78 : 4th March 2023 at 22:37. Reason: Typos fixed,s pacing fixed. Please proof read before posting.
naam1010 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2023, 17:00   #2
BHPian

Re: Hi

Welcome to the forum, Rawnak!
Roy.S is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2023, 13:14   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hello naam1010,

Welcome to Team-BHP forum, its great to have you onboard!

That is an amazing lineup of cars you've owned over the years, with the Civic, BMW E46 and Macan being the stand-out cars for me personally. Please do share your experiences and pictures, if any.

An old Innova is a good option to be driven around in the traffic-stricken streets of Bangalore. Would love to read more about your Innova experience and any changes/mods you do to its interiors.

Looking forward to seeing you actively participate in the forum.

Cheers
Rahul N
RahulNagaraj is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2023, 20:39   #4

Pics of some of my previous cars
1) E46 BMW
2) Porsche Macan
3) BMW 335i
Attached Thumbnails
Hi-img_0527.jpg  

Hi-pxl_20211219_002142038.jpg