Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2023, 16:08   #1
BHPian

Passed the test!

Congratulations & welcome to Team-BHP

If there's anything more joyful and more memorable than getting my driver's licence, receiving an email with those kind words has to be it. Exaggeration? A little. But really, being allowed to be part of this hallowed community, does feel like a mini achievement of sorts. The fact that there was a test to be passed in order to gain entry, and then making it in one shot, makes it all the sweeter

Like the new driver I once was - apprehensive of taking the car out on my own for quite a long while - it has taken me a good three weeks to compose my first (this) post, lest I break a rule. But, I suppose, just the way remaining unscathed on our roads is majorly a result of safe and defensive driving, a daily reminder of the forum rules, should keep me healthy here!

About this Mr.Fawlty

Now, I don't run a hotel, but if I did, it would be run like the Fawlty Towers; I'd probably even name it thus. Perhaps, I will one day. Until then, I'm happy managing the marketing tech stack and ops in a tech firm.

This Mr.Fawlty, in his midlife, dreams of overlanding adventures - reading up on and watching 4x4s videos, browsing camping gear online, and lusting after vehicles he can't afford or procure in India - but can't do without a sanitized bathroom. He is the grumpy, ranting, OCD-fueled travel partner, you'd wish you didn't have. Mrs. Fawlty, unfortunately for her, can't get rid of him and has had to settle for making wonderful memories on multitude of our travels - by road, preferably, and specifically, in our much loved Renault Duster, and otherwise. Hope to share some of those tales here, some day. Or, perhaps, rant about the inane driving manners of fellow road users. Either way, I hope to make it entertaining!
Mr.Fawlty is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th March 2023, 16:41   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Passed the test!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Fawlty View Post
Or, perhaps, rant about the inane driving manners of fellow road users. Either way, I hope to make it entertaining!
I hope Mrs. Fawlty is not anything like Sybil, who could kill a man at ten paces with one blow of her tongue.

Since this is an automotive forum, here's a classic scene featuring the irrepressible Basil, having an argument with his car.

Welcome on board!

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 9th March 2023 at 16:46.
comfortablynumb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2023, 19:28   #3
BHPian

Re: Passed the test!

Welcome to the forum, Basil!
Roy.S is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks