Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2023, 17:17   #1

Hello my fellow Motorheads!

Hello Motorheads!

I am ecstatic to finally be a member of TeamBHP. I have been lurking at this website for years now. Upon discovering this community, it quickly became my go to destination for learning stuff about anything related to automobiles.

I am teenager from Kanpur.
I have been obsessed with cars for as long as I can remember. Like most elementary schoolers, my favourite cars used to be supercars but as I grew older and started playing video games, I started loving all cars in general, from the basic grocery getters to the bleeding edge hypercars.

I am not old enough to drive yet, so the next best thing is driving in video games. If there exists a recently launched racing game, I have most probably played it. My favourites are Gran Turismo 7, Need For Speed Heat, The Crew 2 and Dirt Rally 2.0.
Each one of these games played a huge role in fostering my interest in cars.

This is a brief account about 2 of them. I could go on for hours but I realise this post is about my introduction.

Gran Turismo 7
GT7 taught me to respect even the most mundane of cars. This game wants you to love cars as much as it does.
Before playing this game, I couldn’t care less about the heritage of a car and what it stood for, my only criteria for liking it was its looks. It all changed after playing this game. This game taught me to respect the heritage and history of every car. I still l don’t particularly like classic cars, but I sure do respect them for what they represent. With almost every vintage classic car, the car brand went out to prove something, and had these cars not been able to prove that, the modern versions of those cars which I love and aspire to own would not exist.
I have spent more time drooling at cars, clicking photos and browsing the museums than I have spent at driving at the track. The music library of this game is a very underrated aspect of this game.
I still remember listening to ‘I Don’t Care about Nothing’ and ‘Take You Higher’ while drooling at the Mercedes AMG GT Black Series back when I got this game last year.
It is by far the most beautiful and photo realistic game I have played.

Need for Speed Heat
NFS Heat taught me why petrolheads love exhaust sounds. Most of the games I have played do not do justice to the auditory aspect of cars but this game absolutely nailed it, I would usually just mute the game and put on some music while driving, but decided to try it with headphones. Now the exhaust sounds ARE my music whenever I play this game.
This game also helped in developing my interest in the modding scene. I remember hating modded JDMs which have been outrageously overdone in my opinion, but after dabbling with customisation of some cars in this game myself, I fell in love with the modded scene. I used to spend hours tweaking drift build like a Ford GT complete with the Monster Energy liveries and camber.

Apart from cars, I like speed cubing, playing strategy games and listening to Daft Punk & The Weeknd. I tried thinking of more hobbies, but soon realised almost everything I like is connected to cars.

I look forward to participating in discussions with my fellow BHPians and adding value to this community.

Thanks!
TG208011 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th May 2023, 10:37   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hello my fellow Motorheads!

Hello TG208011,

Welcome to the forum, it's great to have you onboard

I guess many here will be able to relate to your interest in cars growing via playing video games. I'm one of them, having played NFS, GT and F1 games via various consoles over the years.

You can check out the Gaming Thread and participate in more of such gaming/console related discussions there.

Looking forward to seeing you actively participate in the forum.

Cheers
Rahul N
RahulNagaraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2023, 01:14   #3
BHPian

Welcome on board! Wonderful accounts about Gran Tourismo 7 and NFH Heat. I'm also a teenager who's played NFS Heat extensively, as well as a lot of FH4. I'm also a pretty frequent listener of The Weeknd. As suggested above, you'd love the gaming thread. In addition, there are also a bunch of music threads here.

I greatly respect your appreciation for all types of cars, by the way. Looking forward to seeing you around here soon!

Last edited by GForceEnjoyer : 31st May 2023 at 01:17.
GForceEnjoyer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2023, 11:38   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG208011 View Post
Gran Turismo 7
GT7 taught me to respect even the most mundane of cars. This game wants you to love cars as much as it does.
Before playing this game, I couldn’t care less about the heritage of a car and what it stood for, my only criteria for liking it was its looks. It all changed after playing this game. This game taught me to respect the heritage and history of every car. I still l don’t particularly like classic cars, but I sure do respect them for what they represent. With almost every vintage classic car, the car brand went out to prove something, and had these cars not been able to prove that, the modern versions of those cars which I love and aspire to own would not exist.
I have spent more time drooling at cars, clicking photos and browsing the museums than I have spent at driving at the track. The music library of this game is a very underrated aspect of this game.
I still remember listening to ‘I Don’t Care about Nothing’ and ‘Take You Higher’ while drooling at the Mercedes AMG GT Black Series back when I got this game last year.
It is by far the most beautiful and photo realistic game I have played.
Welcome to the forum mate you're the second guy (New signup) I came across in 2 days who likes GT7, no doubt GT7 is a game which deserves time, more you put into it, the more it asks. Its the only game i sepnt over 2K but do not regret till date as the developers constantly keep updating the game with new cars/maps & patchfixes. Do drop on the gaming thread, am sure will have a fruitful discussion there - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadge...soles-112.html (XBox, Playstation and other gaming consoles)
montsa007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2023, 08:53   #5
BHPian

Welcome aboard, @TG208011!

Racing games - that's how I started too! Games of the generation when I was a school teenager were not as realistic in terms of graphics as they are now but boy were they a lot of fun.

From Midtown Madness Chicago, Need For Speed Underground and Underground 2, Need For Speed Most Wanted (2005), Need For Speed Carbon, Need For Speed Hot Pursuit (2010), Driver: San Francisco (this game is a hidden gem) and Forza Horizon 3 are some games that I have played more than the other titles.

Life has changed now, it's not as carefree like it used to be, but at times I still go back to these games where one can enjoy driving supercars in a virtual world, without the fear of crashing of course.

Will be looking forward to see more from you!
Siddy_1998 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks