Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2023, 19:46   #1666
BHPian

Re: XBox, Playstation and other gaming consoles

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Hi Folks

I already have an unused sony XB400 wireless earphone, but i was told this cannot be connected to the xbox, is that correct?
Welcome to capitalism! Xbox uses a proprietary wireless codec and it does not support normal Bluetooth headphones. Your cheapest option is official Xbox wireless headset. 3rd party headsets are even costlier.
cryptarchy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2023, 20:33   #1667
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptarchy View Post
Welcome to capitalism! Xbox uses a proprietary wireless codec and it does not support normal Bluetooth headphones. Your cheapest option is official Xbox wireless headset. 3rd party headsets are even costlier.
Hey, thanks for the input. I recall reading this somewhere, but i also saw some hacks in some youtube videos ( but I couldn’t really figure out this though).

But the issue is the official xbox headset isn’t available on flipkart or amazon. Is there any other place you think we could get this from?
Old 10th May 2023, 21:03   #1668
BHPian

Quote:
But the issue is the official xbox headset isn’t available on flipkart or amazon. Is there any other place you think we could get this from?
Try gamestheshop or you could also checkout preowned on gameloot.
cryptarchy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2023, 09:15   #1669
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Folks

Seeking some opinion again. Need suggestions for a bluetooth wireless headphone with mic for the purpose of playing games on the Xbox One X. Its for my 11 year old son. Not looking for anything too expensive since his usage will reduce once the holidays get over.

I already have an unused sony XB400 wireless earphone, but i was told this cannot be connected to the xbox, is that correct?
Hi, don't know about mic but I use regular headphones by connecting to tv. So if its only audio output you want then regular bluetooth headphones can be connected to tv.
Old 29th May 2023, 14:21   #1670
BHPian

Was searching for a gaming related thread & found one

Having a PS4 Slim since Aug 22
-Had purchased used from Gameloot (Since PS5 availability was an issue then, didn't want to spend a bomb on a console as I would be playing occasionally)
-Applied an AMG Decal on the console (Just for the kicks)
-Applied a quiet decal on official controller (The blue light was glaring even at low brightness)
-Got an amkette Evo Fox controller for 2 player games (Its lighter compared to original one & vibration is decent)
-Got a PS4 camera & 2 move sticks (These things are hard to come by)
-Found a guy who sold PS Plus membership for dirt cheap (I think I paid 2.4K for a year worth of PS Plus Deluxe), account is mine but is registered to Turkish Region, games are cheap.
-Had a 1 TB Seagate HDD which I swapped with a WD 1 TB SSD a few weeks back (Made my system smooth, not a fan of calculating load times since I game casually)
-Been purchasing games on and off from CeX and Gameloot (Mostly racing or open source ones)

Got a V1 switch in the month of April (Spouse likes to play sometimes)
-The software is Custom Firmware as I do not intend to play much on this, cost of switch games is another hole in the pocket.
-Managed to find a controller at a game shop & another one at CeX, so 2 player games is smooth (Still having the fear of joycon drifts, so I avoid using them alltogether)
-Mostly playing this on docked mode

Happy to share photos if people are interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karaboudjan View Post
Hello fellow Gamers!
I own a Sony PS3, which has been lying in the loft for about 8 years now. I want to revive my gaming itch once again.
I would request for your opinion on the following:
1. Where can I find Dual shock 3 controllers in today's age? My old PS3 controllers failed to switch on or even charge after 8 years of hibernation.
2. I would love to introduce my 8yo daughter to the world of gaming. Would buying a Nintendo Switch be a wise decision?

If I decide to get a Switch, how much do the games cost? I believe Switch is a more family friendly console that PS.

Your inputs are highly appreciated.
Hi Mate,

1. You can find it in crawford market area (If you're in Mumbai), Google for Ninja Games or Sonic Games, a decent (not original) controller should cost you anywhere between 800-1000 bucks.

2. Switch is good for kids, but remember its not just the console, you have to shell out a lot for the games as they start from INR 2000 a piece & no upside limit (I know a contact who paid 360$ for a game called shantae, but he's into collection), however these games do not loose much value compared to PS/Xbox titles which depreciate the very next day. I did purchase a modified V1 switch recently from a friend (Used costed me 21K with a 256 GB Memory card). Some good games to start off with would be Mario Kart 8, Tennis Aces, Mario Team Olympics. The aim of switch is to encourage co-op/couch play, whereas for Playstation/Xbox its more like online play.

Only go for OLED if you plan to play portable most of the times, else there's no point since it'll mirror the content to TV making the OLED display pointless. Do get a controller since joycons *will* suffer from drift issue, there's no escaping.

An option you'd like to explore is local CeX store, they do offer a 2 year warranty on everything they sell (Includes switch), you may have to pay a bit premium for a used product, but the warranty is something nobody else will offer. I do have a few contacts who sell brand new switch consoles at prices equal or lesser than amazon (Have been gaming for quite some time & have been a part of few communities where collectors & sellers often list their stuff)

Last edited by montsa007 : 29th May 2023 at 14:50. Reason: Quoted another user
montsa007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2023, 14:50   #1671
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsa007 View Post
Was searching for a gaming related thread & found one

Having a PS4 Slim since Aug 22
-Had purchased used from Gameloot (Since PS5 availability was an issue then, didn't want to spend a bomb on a console as I would be playing occasionally)
-Applied an AMG Decal on the console (Just for the kicks)
-Applied a quiet decal on official controller (The blue light was glaring even at low brightness)
-Got an amkette Evo Fox controller for 2 player games (Its lighter compared to original one & vibration is decent)
-Got a PS4 camera & 2 move sticks (These things are hard to come by)
-Found a guy who sold PS Plus membership for dirt cheap (I think I paid 2.4K for a year worth of PS Plus Deluxe), account is mine but is registered to Turkish Region, games are cheap.
-Had a 1 TB Seagate HDD which I swapped with a WD 1 TB SSD a few weeks back (Made my system smooth, not a fan of calculating load times since I game casually)
Hey, how did you get a PS4 camera and 2 move sticks? Looking for that for a long time. Not sure how but I was not able to discover the Gameloot website earlier, Looks like a gamer's paradise.
Old 29th May 2023, 14:54   #1672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
Hey, how did you get a PS4 camera and 2 move sticks? Looking for that for a long time. Not sure how but I was not able to discover the Gameloot website earlier, Looks like a gamer's paradise.
Ever since I stepped in the world of gaming have been in touch with few people who are into collecting games, they added me to a few of their groups where people constantly keep selling/buying stuff.

You can find the PS4 Camera & Move sticks at Gameloot/Gamenation or at a CeX store if you're lucky, keep a tab on these places am sure you'll find them.

CeX prices are premium but they do offer a 2 year warranty on everything they sell.
Gameloot offers a 7 days or 1 month warranty on hardware (Depending on what is being sold)
Gamenation (Never bought any hardware from them so not sure about warranty)

Typically a pair of move sticks should cost around 2K & Camera anywhere between 1.5k to 2K (The round one, not the cube one which was first generation), it'll depend from seller to seller & condition as well.

A note : Avoid selling stuff at Gameloot/Gamenation, they do tend to replace good discs with scratched ones & return them stating damaged as the reason, they (Gameloot) even swapped the game case of my NFS game before returning it to me. They're only good to buy stuff, to sell you can check with CeX or some other game shops.

Here's a pic of my PS4, I know there's some dust I clean it once in a while.
XBox, Playstation and other gaming consoles-img_20230529_150232.jpg

Last edited by montsa007 : 29th May 2023 at 15:04. Reason: A note
montsa007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2023, 21:47   #1673
BHPian

Quote:

Hi Mate,

1. You can find it in crawford market area (If you're in Mumbai), Google for Ninja Games or Sonic Games, a decent (not original) controller should cost you anywhere between 800-1000 bucks.

2. Switch is good for kids, but remember its not just the console, you have to shell out a lot for the games as they start from INR 2000 a piece & no upside limit (I know a contact who paid 360$ for a game called shantae, but he's into collection), however these games do not loose much value compared to PS/Xbox titles which depreciate the very next day. I did purchase a modified V1 switch recently from a friend (Used costed me 21K with a 256 GB Memory card). Some good games to start off with would be Mario Kart 8, Tennis Aces, Mario Team Olympics. The aim of switch is to encourage co-op/couch play, whereas for Playstation/Xbox its more like online play.

Only go for OLED if you plan to play portable most of the times, else there's no point since it'll mirror the content to TV making the OLED display pointless. Do get a controller since joycons *will* suffer from drift issue, there's no escaping.

An option you'd like to explore is local CeX store, they do offer a 2 year warranty on everything they sell (Includes switch), you may have to pay a bit premium for a used product, but the warranty is something nobody else will offer. I do have a few contacts who sell brand new switch consoles at prices equal or lesser than amazon (Have been gaming for quite some time & have been a part of few communities where collectors & sellers often list their stuff)
Hey Montsa007,
Thank you for the valuable inputs and advice. I will explore these options and get back to you if any help is needed. For now, if I can get my hands on the PS3 controllers, will use that to tread the tepid waters of gaming introduction to my kid. If all goes well, will explore the Switch option. Thank you again. Happy gaming!!
Old 31st May 2023, 10:36   #1674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karaboudjan View Post
Hey Montsa007,
Thank you for the valuable inputs and advice. I will explore these options and get back to you if any help is needed. For now, if I can get my hands on the PS3 controllers, will use that to tread the tepid waters of gaming introduction to my kid. If all goes well, will explore the Switch option. Thank you again. Happy gaming!!
Sure mate.
You can start off with following games for the young gamer, these don't have any bloodshed and are fun to play with,

Little Big Planet Karting (Has Multiplayer) and is a simple go karting game.
Gran Turismo 5/6
Just Dance (Will require camera & motion controller)

You can get the used discs for cheap at CeX (Only downside is you have to visit them since they do not offer any option to ship stuff), alternatively Gameloot & Gamenation offer free shipping on everything and are decently priced. Another option would be to look around for individuals who are parting with games/hardware.

Happy Gaming!
Old 31st May 2023, 12:13   #1675
BHPian

My Gaming Journey after buying a console (or two)

Hello Folks,

Thank you for your time & going through this thread, do note that I am not a hardcore gamer, neither an extensively tech savvy person. I play occasionally & mostly racing or open world games.

I had the desire to buy a gaming console somewhere around since 2010 onwards but work & other commitments kept the gaming priority on low mode.

Finally in 2022 August I decided to take a plunge & put an end to the misery, after extensive research I decided to buy a PS4 Slim (My second console, I had a PSP during my college time but sold it off once I started working, that was around 2008-09), reasons stated below

PS3 - Altough good, was ancient (no offence to the console owners), I wanted something which had a few years worth of support left in terms of new titles

Xbox - Never even considered it, as the titles looked expensive & apart from Forza I didn't find anything appealing to pick up the machine

PS4 - I was already biased towards it, but the question boiled down to which model
Fat - Too old, unreliable, heats up, makes noise (Too many red flags since I'll be buying a used unit)
Slim - Top contender, not so old, slim form factor
Pro - Second contender, but I realized I don't need the extra processing power, & since I don't have a 4K TV putting an extra 6-7K didn't make an economic sense

Switch - Never considered it, the game titles are super expensive (They don't loose value but I don't want to end up in a scenario where I pay 10K for a console & end up paying 25K for games), and me being a casual gamer getting into something like this is a big no-no

Now similar to buying a used car I went on the hunt to buy a used PS4 (Made economical sense), now another boiling question came to my mind "Where will I find a good PS4 Slim?", remember I had no prior experience in buying a console, neither did I have anyone to guide me.

Spent my time on forums checking every thread that came up as "Want to Sell PS4" to get a price idea so I don't end up overpaying, was almost about to pull the trigger on another forum for a PS4 at 20K but the firmware was latest version (if you know what I mean) so I pulled back.

Then I asked myself, what if the console has any issues & seller wants to get rid of it at a hefty (higher than market) price tag, I'll end up putting more money in it.

Then I decided to check online, for the available options,

1. CeX - Had 2 stores in Mumbai then, Had a PS5 listed (It was in terrible shortage then), I almost instantly decided why not go for a PS5 directly!?, but decided it was not worth it as this was my first console. They had PS4's listed at 27K upwards, prices were way away from current rates but I read that they offer a 2 year warranty on everything they sell, so I was hopeful that it'll be a right purchase & worth the premium.

2. Gameloot - Not affiliated to them, nor promoting them. While browsing facebook I came across a Gameloot Ad, curious to know more I went to their site & saw used PS4's being sold with 7 day warranty & an addon of 6 Months warranty. Pricing was around 21K & they offer a 670 rupee Playstation Network card (which I sold off since I didn't plan to use it).

3. Local Shops - Checked up with a local shop, he was quoting 19K for a Fat PS4 model, whereas going rate was 12-14K. Morever he was a repair shop so I had my doubts.

4. Other Sources - After discovering it can be purchased online, I checked few more websites HG World, Gamesngadget, Gamenation had a store close to my place so I could pick it up but they did not offer any warranty so striked them off. HG World was offering the *cough cough* version alongwith loaded games but prices were higher than a new console so striked them off too. Gamenation didn't offer additional warranty so was skeptical, since this was my first console.

Also searched on Youtube & Reddit for Gameloot, they did have some poor reviews, since they buyback games, users mentioned they return scratched discs instead of the ones sent to them. They exchange cases when returning back the merchandise. Now I felt I was back to square one, with no sources to obtain a console.

After a lot of research, I finally went ahead & ordered with Gameloot hoping I wouldn't get a lemon, ordered an extended warranty alongwith "Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands" with same day delivery option. Got it around 9 pm, had plans to play on that day but since it was late I decided to check up things next day.

Hooked it up with the TV, everything was smooth, after playing it on Day 1, my eyes felt funny & I could feel something was off & made me think have I lost the skill of playing games, can my eyes take it no more? (Since I used to play a lot of Battlefield online after work for 2-3 hours a day minimum to relieve stress, listening to non english speakers abuse others in english was a complete stress buster)

Played it for another 2 days & the funny eye symptom reduced, I realized it'll take some time to get used to it, since this was the first time I was holding a console controller, I was confused, used to pop a grenade instead of taking aim which alerted the enemy & got my character killed.

Will Update the next part of the journey in next post.

Thanks again or reading.
montsa007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st May 2023, 21:01   #1676
BHPian

Re: My Gaming Journey after buying a console (or two)

Congratulations on your PS4. May your ammo be high and detection meter low (from a fellow Ghost Recon player)

Do try the PS exclusives - Bloodborne, Last of Us, God of War, Ghost of Tsushima. Though couple of them are not PS exclusives any more.

Quote:
Hooked it up with the TV, everything was smooth, after playing it on Day 1, my eyes felt funny & I could feel something was off
Consider sitting another 1-2 feet away from TV if possible. Use game mode on TV if it is there, and set sharpness to the lowest at which you can read text. Use the darkest gamma that you can manage. TV settings for gaming and viewing should not be same, because movie cameras do not have latency or frame drops, but games do.
Old 31st May 2023, 21:36   #1677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukh42 View Post
Congratulations on your PS4. May your ammo be high and detection meter low (from a fellow Ghost Recon player)

Do try the PS exclusives - Bloodborne, Last of Us, God of War, Ghost of Tsushima. Though couple of them are not PS exclusives any more.
Thank You, I did sell off my Ghost Recon to CeX last month as got bored (I never complete a game, as I don't play for trophies). I got to a point where I'd use my 3 AI team mates to do the killing for me, or call in rebel help. Decided I won't be playing anymore so traded it off.

God Of war isn't my taste as its purely story based game. Ghost of Tsushima & Last of Us don't excite me. Haven't seen what Bloodborne is like, will take a look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukh42 View Post
Consider sitting another 1-2 feet away from TV if possible. Use game mode on TV if it is there, and set sharpness to the lowest at which you can read text. Use the darkest gamma that you can manage. TV settings for gaming and viewing should not be same, because movie cameras do not have latency or frame drops, but games do.
Will try to put it in Game mode next time I play, distance is fine (About 7-7.5 feet, maxed out on this one).

------

Continuing from my previous post.

As a new gadget, I got the itch to get accessories, more games. I'm glad I didn't choose the custom firmware version as many games still receive updates, infact there are still new title being launched (WWE 2K 23 is an example).

So off I started on my mission to buy more games, would browse Gameloot/Gamenation for any new stock of used PS4 games. Since travelling to CeX is painful kept it aside.

Managed to find a guy on another forum selling a PS4 VR Headset alongwith Move Sticks & Camera. Asked him if he's comfortable to sell the Camera & Move Sticks only, he agreed & I managed to get them to play Just Dance.

Also found a cooling stand by "Dobe", also helps to charge the official controller.

Was on the lookout for an additional controller, as I have cousins who come over to play co-op. Ordered a Nacon Asymmetrical controller, design wise its like Xbox, unfortunately I had terrible pain in my hand operating that controller & Amazon had a no return policy on that one, did exchange twice & got my refund. Settled for an Amkette Evo Fox Controller, vibrations are subtle & controller is lighter compared to original Dualshock (Paid I think around 2.5K)

Over the period of time I managed to hoard (I mean buy) 15+ games at decent prices, most of them used & sourced from Gamenation/Gameloot/Cex itself.

One fine day I came across GT7 review on youtube, but the hefty price tag of 2.5K for a used game gave me some shivers, the maximum I spent on a game so far was 1K, somehow convinced myself & made the purchase. Absolutely no regrets after playing the game, graphics are superb & so is the collection.

Now came another itch to play online (PS Monthly Games, Multiplayer). As I started to game I came across a few whatsapp communities & users who are involved in game collection, selling hardware (new as well as retro), renting accounts, selling subscriptions etc., so managed to find a guy who was selling a PS Plus Deluxe (Top of the line if I may say) subscription for 2.5k (Something around that), when I checked Indian PS Subscription it was close to 5K (Which I wasn't ready to invest), asked for some vouches and managed to buy the new account, came to know its linked to Turkey Region (Doesn't bother me as I don't play for trophies). Apparently I didn't play much online, but did download games form the PS Plus monthly packs. Enjoyed playing WWE 2K 22 for some time.

A month ago a friend of mine (who owns a Super Slim PS3 for his kid, I had hooked him up with), complained that kid cannot play games due to low storage (12 GB, with about 8 or so usable). Asked him if he's willing to take my HDD so I can upgrade to an SSD, he agreed. Brought over his PS3, installed my HDD in it, loaded the OS & bunch of child friendly (E Rated) games since his model was *cough cough* version. Installed a 1 TB WD Blue SSD (Yep, blew another 6K or so towards my console), it does run like butter. I'm not a hardcore techie so never bothered about load times, but I know my system isn't going anywhere south, will just need some dust cleaning periodically, since HDD's are prone to failure.

Sharing below my game collection, the collector contacts call all of these games as "Shovel ware", however I find them enjoyable, as I research before buying any game, regardless of the amount.

The lowest I paid was 80 bucks at CeX for Fifa (Not sure which year, purchased purely for cousins)
The highest I paid was 2.5K (or so) for GT7 (I think was from Gameloot)

Many of the games are purely for my cousins who play local co-op (Sports games).

There are very few new games which I purchased, those are
Dirt 5 (I think 1.5k)
The Division 2 (400 bucks, from a guy called Console Garage)
Carnival Games (Paid 1.8K but sold it off to CeX for 1.5K Credits as the game was not the way I expected it to be)

Rest of them are used, I do keep my discs in clean scratch less condition, have educated my cousins to do the same as sometimes I'm absent when they're around playing on the system.

XBox, Playstation and other gaming consoles-img_20230531_213217.jpg

Next update, how I got my first Nintendo Switch even when I didn't like the platform.
Old 31st May 2023, 22:49   #1678
BHPian

Nice collection.
I have an x box one lying around in which I occasionally entertain the neighborhood kids, lost my passion for playing as Buying the Xbox One was a poor decision, should have gone for a PS.
But I still retain it so hopefully I can continue playing a few older titles.
Old 31st May 2023, 22:57   #1679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrift@life View Post
Nice collection.
I have an x box one lying around in which I occasionally entertain the neighborhood kids, lost my passion for playing as Buying the Xbox One was a poor decision, should have gone for a PS.
But I still retain it so hopefully I can continue playing a few older titles.
You can play any titles that are backwards compatible, additionally you can get a 3 year gamepass for extremely cheap (works out at 129 bucks a month) and play loads of games in their library.
Old 7th June 2023, 11:58   #1680
BHPian

In the month of March, I had a sudden itch to get a Nintendo Switch, as my spouse likes to play Kart racing games on the PS4 (only game she plays), decided Switch is a better option, since they have games geared towards co-op with cute graphics.

I asked myself, is sinking another 20-25k worth it when I barely play on the PS4?

But then 1 fine day, 1 member in our gaming group listed his Switch V1 with custom firmware (Meaning I wont have to pay for any games), for I guess 21K. He bundled a 256G memory card with the console, connected with him & struck the deal, paid him the money and asked him to ship on a particular date as I was travelling. Came home, received the package, got looks from my spouse, but everything vanished when I docked it & played Super Mario Kart 8.

Managed to get a party kit for cheap, applied screen protector.

The fear of joycon drift made me hunt for a decent controller, or two.

Managed to find them,
1 at CEX for 4200 (Used some credits & paid rest in cash)
1 at a gaming shop for 2500

At this point my gaming journey (In terms of buying hardware) felt complete, as spouse likes playing on switch whereas I feel comfortable on the playstation.

Will share photos of the switch, party kit & controllers in future posts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks