Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2024, 17:29   #1711
Senior - BHPian

Re: XBox, Playstation and other gaming consoles

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsa007 View Post
You will have to compulsory buy a gamepass subscription to use the series s and juggle between the installed games since space is limited.
One can buy games from Xbox store even without Gamepass subscription. Subscription will give more free monthly games (to play as long as subscription is active). I am doing the same on my Xbox one S (used exclusively by the kids though, I use the PS5 )
Old 22nd February 2024, 17:33   #1712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
One can buy games from Xbox store even without Gamepass subscription. Subscription will give more free monthly games (to play as long as subscription is active). I am doing the same on my Xbox one S (used exclusively by the kids though, I use the PS5 )
That will be a costly affair, unless the person is only behind a handful of games & not looking for anything else. Gamepass will give them a good choice.
Old 22nd February 2024, 17:55   #1713
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That will be a costly affair, unless the person is only behind a handful of games & not looking for anything else. Gamepass will give them a good choice.
Umm not necessarily. Because of the frequent sales that goes on in these platforms (Gamepass and PS Plus). For example, I recently got Gears of War 4 for around 3xx bucks only outright purchase and I think Gears 5 was available for some 7xx bucks. The sales do keep coming regularly.
DCEite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2024, 19:34   #1714
BHPian

Quote:
Do note switch library is geared more towards fun element, kids will love it.
I see Switch is sold over Amazon. Are there any physical stores in India for this brand? Or any other seller better than Amazon.
Old 23rd February 2024, 11:22   #1715
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenRoads View Post
I see Switch is sold over Amazon. Are there any physical stores in India for this brand? Or any other seller better than Amazon.
Its not officially released in India, so anything and everything you get is a black/grey market import. There are no official stores, but normal game shops may stock it. I do have a few friends who deal in new consoles, if interested can hook you up, you can check for prices what they are offering and go with the best deal, feel free to DM me if you need their contacts.

Some sellers are kind enough to bundle a 30 day or 7 day testing warranty, after that its you on your own.

I bought it used from a known friend, it was V1 (Unpatched), if you know what I mean .
Old 2nd March 2024, 01:13   #1716
Distinguished - BHPian

I have bought the Xbox X console during the Christmas sale and have been playing the "Free" games till now.

I'm thinking of getting the Game Pass. Can someone point me to which one makes more sense?

1. Game Pass Ultimate : $16.99/month

2. Game Pass Core : $9.99/month

I'm not an avid gamer and play once in a while. If I roughly peg the time spent on Xbox, it will be about 4-6 hours in a week.

Any pointers would be helpful for deals that I can purchase for a whole year which I think are usually cheaper.
Old 2nd March 2024, 15:29   #1717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Any pointers would be helpful for deals that I can purchase for a whole year which I think are usually cheaper.
I hope you have tried the popular cd keys websites:

https://www.g2a.com/

https://www.cdkeys.com/

While games are heavily discounted, subscriptions not so much. The only gaming subscription I had was World Of Warcraft which costs $15/month.

Last edited by Samfromindia : 2nd March 2024 at 15:30.
Samfromindia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2024, 05:16   #1718
Senior - BHPian

1 month Game Pass Ultimate for $4.5, may be worth checking.

https://www.cdkeys.com/1-month-xbox-...box-one-pc-us?

The smart but risky thing would be to buy 5-6 at once and use one after another for next 6 months. Risky because the grey market codes are often required to be activated immediately and not sit on them for long time like you can do with legit ones. Having said that, I know people who have bought multiple of these codes and used them long after purchasing even though these are non stackable.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks