Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2011, 16:05   #961
Senior - BHPian

Re: The big fight: Xbox 360 or Playstation 3 ?

I am planning on buying my first-ever console and almost finalized on the PS3. PS 3 320GB with move Is coming to 19k from letsbuy.com. I have a doubt, will games bought from US work on a PS 3 bought in india ? Are the games region-free or will i have issues ?
Old 11th December 2011, 01:25   #962
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk
I have a doubt, will games bought from US work on a PS 3 bought in india ? Are the games region-free or will i have issues ?
Hello,

You can buy the PS3 all games bought from the US will work on it.
S350L-E240 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2011, 23:48   #963
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Has anyone bought PS3 from online stores like letsbuy.com or flipkart ? Have you had any issues claiming warranty ? They do provide you with a bill on purchase, is anything else required in case of claiming warranty ?
Old 12th December 2011, 08:51   #964
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Hi,

Has anyone bought PS3 from online stores like letsbuy.com or flipkart ? Have you had any issues claiming warranty ? They do provide you with a bill on purchase, is anything else required in case of claiming warranty ?
Flipkart is hassle free, have read reviews of letsbuy having issues. Flipkart has always been efficient and no nonsense in delivery of goods. Have bought few items from them. They provide bill with the item itself when it is delivery and all packages are very neatly packed with layers of bubble covers/packing materials. You just need bill with warranty card (inside the box) which will be stamped by them before sending to you for warranty claims.

Checked out landmark for pre-owned games (this time forum mall) bought Midnight club LA, Batman Arkham asylum for 1100. They didn't have much collection this time compared to jayanagar landmark. Googling also found me a promising site:
Link: dealing with used ps3 games in bangalore. I will call the number/mail them and will update my findings.
vaas2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2011, 14:26   #965
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaas2000 View Post
You just need bill with warranty card (inside the box) which will be stamped by them before sending to you for warranty claims.
They send a bill, however details like VAT being shown separately is missing. The warranty card as you say is inside the box, incase of an online retailer they won't open the manufacturer packaging so it won't be stamped right ? Or does flipkart open Sony products alone to stamp the warranty card ? When you buy from say landmark they open the box in front of you and stamp the warranty card
Old 12th December 2011, 15:43   #966
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They send a bill, however details like VAT being shown separately is missing. The warranty card as you say is inside the box, incase of an online retailer they won't open the manufacturer packaging so it won't be stamped right ? Or does flipkart open Sony products alone to stamp the warranty card ? When you buy from say landmark they open the box in front of you and stamp the warranty card
I don't think they will open the box to stamp it. I got my mobile (HTC Desire S) through flipkart and there was a bill along with the box. The warranty card in the box wasn't stamped, but that did not affect a warranty claim I made to replace the touch screen. HTC just asked for the bill. I had misplaced my bill and after a call to Flipkart customer care, a soft copy of my bill was in my inbox within 30 mins. HTC replaced the touchscreen under warranty.

I got my PS3 from the duty free shop at Bangalore airport (friend got it for me). I don't remember seeing it stamped (will check when I go home tonight). I guess the original bill should be fine in case of any service issues.
addyhemmige is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2011, 16:22   #967
Senior - BHPian

If the original bill is good enough its nice to hear the reason i asked is Sony Service centre guys and the showroom guys were refusing to replace my Vaio's lcd under warranty stating invoice has details missing and warranty card not dealer stamped. I don't want to take a chance with my PS 3 too
Old 12th December 2011, 18:03   #968
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If the original bill is good enough its nice to hear the reason i asked is Sony Service centre guys and the showroom guys were refusing to replace my Vaio's lcd under warranty stating invoice has details missing and warranty card not dealer stamped. I don't want to take a chance with my PS 3 too
I really don't know how Sony Service center acts if we don't have the warranty card stamped (I don't intend to find out either). Better be safe and get the warranty stamped.

Btw, what details was the SSC guy asking on the invoice? I guess you can contact Flipkart customer support and enquire with them before taking the plunge.
Old 12th December 2011, 20:14   #969
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
Btw, what details was the SSC guy asking on the invoice? I guess you can contact Flipkart customer support and enquire with them before taking the plunge.
The e-zone from where i bought my laptop, had not mentioned the serial no in the invoice, so these guys created a scene before agreeing to replace the lcd screen under warranty.

So i finally took the plunge and ordered the PS 3 with Move it came up to 19k, got a free ThrustMaster 3 in 1 Dual Trigger Controller too, though its not wireless.

Ordered the following titles:
1. Call of duty MW3
2. Need for speed:The Run
3. GT5
4. Top spin 4

Time seems to be going so slow now. 3 more days left to get my hands on the console
Old 12th December 2011, 21:36   #970
BHPian

Quote:
The e-zone from where i bought my laptop, had not mentioned the serial no in the invoice, so these guys created a scene before agreeing to replace the lcd screen under warranty.

So i finally took the plunge and ordered the PS 3 with Move it came up to 19k, got a free ThrustMaster 3 in 1 Dual Trigger Controller too, though its not wireless.

1. Call of duty MW3
3. GT5
4. Top spin 4

Time seems to be going so slow now. 3 more days left to get my hands on the console
Congratulations bro. Since you have move get the following:

1. Sports Champion: Nice games to keep you going especially if you plan to have PS3 party nights with friends

2. Killzone 3 (buy the move sharpshooter attachment avilable at Hamleys. Other gun attachments are pretty basic and useless). Makes you feel like in a battlefield

visit the link below for latest Move titles and reviews

PlayStation Move reviews - PS3 Move news - Movemodo

Enjoy "Move"ing
Shome is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2011, 22:23   #971
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shome View Post

Enjoy "Move"ing
Hey thanks Shome for the links! After a lot of thought and convincing finally got the go ahead for the PS 3 and when i placed the order was on cloud 9. First console!! After gaming on the PC for 8 years, really looking forward to the PS 3 experience
Old 13th December 2011, 02:08   #972
BHPian

Recently with some coupon PS3 was costing around 14K on letsbuy.com before i could make up my mind, and discuss this with wife, who has been very supportive for such stuff i purchase, letsbuy hiked the price and the coupons don't let you grab one at such cheap price.

Anyway have postponed it currently but will certainly buy a PS3 sometime, currently I've re-connected PS2 to my Desk TV and playing Black on it, and waiting for a buyer to grab my PS2 from classified section.
Old 13th December 2011, 11:41   #973
BHPian

Quote:

1. Call of duty MW3
3. GT5
4. Top spin 4

Congrats on your purchase! So did you buy the 160 gb ps3+move+Controller seperately? It is available as a package as well with 320 gb ps3 for 19990. Good titles you've ordered there. Now start haunting landmark outlets in bangalore for pre-owned games if you are lucky, you might find a recent game at mouth watering price. Also am checking out the link that i had posted for used ps3 games in bangalore, if prices are decent then we will have another reliable source for ps3 games at cheaper prices.
Old 13th December 2011, 15:24   #974
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaas2000 View Post
Congrats on your purchase! So did you buy the 160 gb ps3+move+Controller seperately? It is available as a package as well with 320 gb ps3 for 19990.
No, i got the PS 3 320 GB+move controller and thrustmaster controller free for 19k from letsbuy.com. The PS is now in transit so should get it by thursday.

Last edited by shashank.nk : 13th December 2011 at 15:29.
Old 13th December 2011, 15:49   #975
BHPian

Quote:
No, i got the PS 3 320 GB+move controller and thrustmaster controller free for 19k from letsbuy.com. The PS is now in transit so should get it by thursday.
Just checked the price, it's an awesome price for the bundle with free thrustmaster controller! Congrats once again!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks