Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2012, 13:09   #1021
BHPian

Re: The big fight: Xbox 360 or Playstation 3 ?

Can the Ps3 owners please update me on the latest games available in the market..Been a long time since i switched on my ps3, would love to get hold of the latest titles..Last game I played was Uncharted 3, anything interesting after that ?
Old 31st August 2012, 19:02   #1022
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
We just got a PS3 Slim from the States. Problem is, on the console it says 120V and as you all know, here it's 240V

Want to know if I can plug the PS3 Slim directly into the mains here or do I need a step-down transformer.
Please read the last 2 pages of the link below:-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...ansformer.html

I have been using my PS3 with Move for the past 18 months on 240 V directly in India. I bought it in the US.
Old 31st August 2012, 19:09   #1023
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Please read the last 2 pages of the link below:-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...ansformer.html

I have been using my PS3 with Move for the past 18 months on 240 V directly in India. I bought it in the US.
Can you please share how your experience has been with PS3 and Move? Which games do you enjoy playing on Move? Any idea about the availability of good Move games (depending on your experience while shopping for it)? I could a prospective PS3 buyer hence the questions.
Old 31st August 2012, 19:16   #1024
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Can you please share how your experience has been with PS3 and Move? Which games do you enjoy playing on Move? Any idea about the availability of good Move games (depending on your experience while shopping for it)? I could a prospective PS3 buyer hence the questions.
Other than the Sports disc that came with the Move kit, I have not used any other Move game. Not that there is any flaw in the Move, but I also have Nintendo Wii at home, and kids prefer that to Move because we have 2 controllers for Wii as against a single one for Move.

I don't use either that often (my kids do), but play videos on Youtube more on the PS3.

The only games I've played are GT5 and Hawx, both of which are very enjoyable.

Good luck to you.
Old 31st August 2012, 23:15   #1025
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak01 View Post
Can the Ps3 owners please update me on the latest games available in the market..Been a long time since i switched on my ps3, would love to get hold of the latest titles..Last game I played was Uncharted 3, anything interesting after that ?
I recently acquired GT5, NFS Run, Battlefield 3 and GTA IV. All are fun to play with great graphics and control. I am considering buying Counter Stirke: Global Offensive. I played its PC version and its one fantastic game. Good thing is, its just $14.99 on PS3 Store.

I also played Batman: Arkham City demo and it is good. That will be my next buy after CS:GO.

If you are a FPS fan, you can consider the COD: MW 4

Finally it depends on what you like to play, but some of the above games are really addictive and fun to play for long hours.
Old 31st August 2012, 23:52   #1026
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak01 View Post
It depends, what sort of games do you play?

Honestly. Latest games there haven't been many recent launches. All the new launches are lined up for oct-nov. Fifa 13, the new nfs most wanted, call of duty black ops 2 etc.

Some fantastic games which come to mind which I have played on the ps3 are GTA4 complete edition, Gran turismo 5, cod: mw3,mw2, black ops, battlefield 3, Fifa 12. Nfs run was good but really short. I enjoyed the demo of driver San francisco. Want to get that soon.
My next game is going to be Max Payne 3!
Old 1st September 2012, 10:16   #1027
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
I recently acquired GT5, NFS Run, Battlefield 3 and GTA IV. All are fun to play with great graphics and control.

Finally it depends on what you like to play, but some of the above games are really addictive and fun to play for long hours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
Honestly. Latest games there haven't been many recent launches. All the new launches are lined up for oct-nov. Fifa 13, the new nfs most wanted, call of duty black ops 2 etc.
Just one question to you two - How much is the hard disk capacity of your PS3's? Suppose if I were to play all these games would a 4GB one suffice?
Old 1st September 2012, 10:27   #1028
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil

Just one question to you two - How much is the hard disk capacity of your PS3's? Suppose if I were to play all these games would a 4GB one suffice?
Earlier PS3 used to come with a capacity of 80GB but now comes with 160GB and 320GB harddisks.
Old 1st September 2012, 11:04   #1029
BHPian

Quote:
Ps3 comes with an inbuilt hard disk.Unlike the xbox 360 where u have an option to get 4 gb of flash storage. I have a 320 gb.
Currently you can either have 160 gb or 320 gb in a ps3
160 is also more than enough so to say.

Quote:
Honestly, the move thing. The novelty wore off really quick atleast for me. I never bought a move game apart from the cd which came with the move starter bundle. I borrowed a move game from a friend- top spin 4. Its a tennis games. It was pretty good! There are a couple of games available, alot of them are sports games.

Last edited by promit : 1st September 2012 at 11:09.
Old 1st September 2012, 13:05   #1030
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
It was pretty good! There are a couple of games available, alot of them are sports games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
Earlier PS3 used to come with a capacity of 80GB but now comes with 160GB and 320GB harddisks.
Any idea about a new console being launched by Sony/Microsoft in the near future - Maybe PS4 or Xbox 720? I read at some places that new consoles will be launched by end 2012. Do you guys have any idea about new launches? Or should I just go ahead and buy one now?
Old 1st September 2012, 20:51   #1031
BHPian

Quote:
Any idea about a new console being launched by Sony/Microsoft in the near future - Maybe PS4 or Xbox 720? I read at some places that new consoles will be launched by end 2012. Do you guys have any idea about new launches? Or should I just go ahead and buy one now?
Sony will not have any console coming soon they are planing to launch a cloud gaming service rather as far as what i have read. Although they might announce plan for a new console. I feel xbox is also planing something as PC gaming might be dead soon with launch of windows 8
Old 1st September 2012, 22:45   #1032
BHPian

Quote:
Hahahaa. It's a suckers game. Newer tech will continue to launch no matter what. It's difficult to keep up
Well there will be newer launches from the Microsoft and Sony stables but definitely not in 2012. It's all speculations though. 2014 is the year of the new playstation apparently.
Go ahead and just buy one right now, you can't go wrong. The next gen consoles are still some time off. Don't worry.
Old 2nd September 2012, 10:01   #1033
Distinguished - BHPian

My 4 year old PS3 has given away. It just doesnt switch on.

I dont have the patience of taking it to A.S.S as it was bought in US and dont expect its repair in an economic fashion.

Was wondering if there is an exchange facility to buy a new PS3?

What is the current best price for a PS3 in the market?
Old 2nd September 2012, 10:25   #1034
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

What is the current best price for a PS3 in the market?
Hi mobike008,

I am myself contemplating buying a PS3 and yesterday went to 2 stores to find out the rates.

Croma – Rs 19990 for PS3 (320 GB which includes Move starter pack and a Move game)

Alfa – Rs 19000 for the same set. There was a 160 GB model too (but without Move) for Rs 16000.

Croma’s price is the same as Flipkart. Flipkart is the Croma of online shopping. Alfa is the cheapest I have come across. I have been suggested to also look on ebay for the prices. I have never done online shopping on ebay hence a bit sceptical but will look at the prices on ebay.

Currently I am looking for which games I will be buying and the accessories. I will be buying one more Move controller as well as a HDMI cable (Alfa quoted one for Rs 750) – You get all kinds of cable from Rs 500 to Rs 2000. For now I am not buying another dual shock controller as I think one is enough for now. I will be playing multiplayer games on Move only. Move controller costs Rs 2750 and the dual shock controller costs Rs 2250.
Old 4th September 2012, 22:10   #1035
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
4GB is no longer available on PS3. It comes in two version - 160GB and 320GB.

4GB is in xbox 360 only and it is very limiting if you plan to do a lot of online gaming. Otherwise in some scenario it is more than enough for some. You can also change the hdd over a period of time but then you will be paying more for the change rather than buying new.

Mine is a 320GB PS3. I got it for the price of 160gb and a little less. Can't beat the double capacity. Its virtually my backup drive for photos, videos and games.

Depending on games, it takes anywhere from 200mb to 2gb per game if you play offline. If you play online, it may increase.

Hope this helps

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks