Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2012, 09:39   #1036
BHPian

Re: The big fight: Xbox 360 or Playstation 3 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindgrinder View Post
I feel xbox is also planing something as PC gaming might be dead soon with launch of windows 8
Why would PC gaming be dead with Windows 8? Do they plan to separate consoles and PC usage for specifics in the future? More info on this please.
Old 5th September 2012, 13:57   #1037
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Currently I am looking for which games I will be buying and the accessories. I will be buying one more Move controller as well as a HDMI cable (Alfa quoted one for Rs 750) – You get all kinds of cable from Rs 500 to Rs 2000. For now I am not buying another dual shock controller as I think one is enough for now. I will be playing multiplayer games on Move only. Move controller costs Rs 2750 and the dual shock controller costs Rs 2250.
Saanil where is a dual shock controller available for Rs.2250?
Old 5th September 2012, 15:16   #1038
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashV

These prices are for Alpha. Are these too low? Then I probably might have mixed up the prices of the normal controller and the move controller.
Old 5th September 2012, 22:20   #1039
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
It depends, what sort of games do you play?

Honestly. Latest games there haven't been many recent launches. All the new launches are lined up for oct-nov. Fifa 13, the new nfs most wanted, call of duty black ops 2 etc.

Some fantastic games which come to mind which I have played on the ps3 are GTA4 complete edition, Gran turismo 5, cod: mw3,mw2, black ops, battlefield 3, Fifa 12. Nfs run was good but really short. I enjoyed the demo of driver San francisco. Want to get that soon.
My next game is going to be Max Payne 3!
Though I've played most of these games..still thanks for the suggestions.
Have ordered Max Payne 3
Hope its fun like all other Rockstar franchises.
Old 6th September 2012, 06:22   #1040
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrage View Post
Why would PC gaming be dead with Windows 8? Do they plan to separate consoles and PC usage for specifics in the future? More info on this please.
no they don't plan it but it would be an ecosystem push, you will still get games for Which would work on win 8 pro version however things would be really restrictive using MS store only, that would push more ppl to opt for consoles. I recently read MS will also allow downgrading back to Win 7 or Vista from Windows 8
Old 6th September 2012, 12:54   #1041
BHPian

Quote:
These prices are for Alpha. Are these too low? Then I probably might have mixed up the prices of the normal controller and the move controller.
Well it's much lower than what Flipkart is selling it for - Rs.2990.

Bought my PS3 about 4 months back & had even checked Alpha & the discount they offered was hilarious & wondered what all the hoopla about this place was about. Guess, if the controller is really priced this way then some of it (hoopla) makes sense.
Old 13th September 2012, 23:42   #1042
BHPian

Guys what do you think about this:

I know this is an old video but it seems the pricing and availibility of the device is announced. I am not sure how good will this be but here is some info:

http://blog.gsmarena.com/detailed-ni...ealed-as-well/
Old 22nd September 2012, 23:49   #1043
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
Earlier PS3 used to come with a capacity of 80GB but now comes with 160GB and 320GB harddisks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
Ps3 comes with an inbuilt hard disk.Unlike the xbox 360 where u have an option to get 4 gb of flash storage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindgrinder View Post
Sony will not have any console coming soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashV View Post
Got the 320 GB PS3 with Move bundle today. There was one game free with it – Medieval Moves. Apart from the usual package, I bought one extra move controller and two games – Sports Champions and Call of Duty: Black Ops (Total Cost – Rs 24k). I have never played on a console. I have to admit – playing FPS games on the console controller is tough! I had a hard time moving around and aiming properly. I am used to playing Counter-Strike on PC and FPS games on PC are any day better (thanks to the mouse!). Does this happen with everyone when playing on a console for the first time? I am not sure if I have picked up the right game for a beginner.

Playing with Move so far has been pretty awesome! Those who have Move need to play Sports Champions on it! All games are good but Table Tennis is my favourite. The least likeable game was volleyball (not terrible but not exciting either). Even the Frisbee game was superb! I am mightily impressed with the move. However one thing that is bothering me is while playing on Move, our movements are recorded very well when you face the Move Camera – however when two people are playing I am not sure how accurate the controller will be. I have not yet tried it out but will do so in the coming days.

One letdown is that there are only 2 USB ports in PS3. For now I am charging both move controllers on my laptop. I hope I get used to playing with the controller.

BTW for the coming holiday season Nintendo has launched their new console – Wii U. It looks good but I was not impressed with the concept hence went ahead with PS3 Slim. Sony has launched a slimmer version of PS3 – I am not sure if the internals are any different but now it comes with larger memory – 250GB and 500GB. I did not want to wait for the new consoles so went ahead with the 320GB one.
Old 24th September 2012, 16:27   #1044
BHPian

XBOX 360 with Kinect is the real deal. I own a XBOX360 and planning to go for a kinect device soon.
Advantages:
1. Kinect is much better than the stick you get with PS3.
2. XBOX games are cheaper than PS3 games.
3. If you are a fan of Microsoft games (like HALO series) then get XBOX (get the elite edition bundled with this game). PS3 doesnt have this title
Old 29th September 2012, 09:51   #1045
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
XBOX 360 with Kinect is the real deal. I own a XBOX360 and planning to go for a kinect device soon.
Advantages:
Kinect is a great concept - Have to agree to this. But PS Move is not that bad. In fact I decided to go for this after seeing its accuracy in some of the sports games. The thing is - When I play a game like Table Tennis virtually - I also like to have something in my hand rather than just moving my hands in air. Said that I know the fact that there have not been many WOW games on Move yet - I think it is the same for Kinect. However Kinect scores in having less hardware - No need to have many controllers. In fact this is what reduces the price difference between the equivalent packages of Microsoft and Sony.

When going for a console one must definately look at the console exclusive games and then decide.
Old 29th September 2012, 15:00   #1046
Senior - BHPian

Does the Xbox platform have anything similar to the legendary uncharted series ?
Old 3rd October 2012, 15:55   #1047
BHPian

Quote:
finately look at the console exclusive games and then decide.
Saanil so you did get an extra controller for Rs.2250 from Alfa when you bought your PS3? & I am not referring to the Move controller.
Old 3rd October 2012, 18:24   #1048
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashV View Post
Saanil so you did get an extra controller for Rs.2250 from Alfa when you bought your PS3? & I am not referring to the Move controller.
Hi Avinash,

I did not buy PS3 from Alfa. Got it from another shop where I was getting a good deal. I did not buy an extra dual shock controller. I just have one DS3 controller which was bundled in the package. I do not think I will be playing multiplayer games for now - especially when I am not able to play FPS on consoles properly, hence did not buy a DS3 controller.
Old 3rd October 2012, 21:51   #1049
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got the 320 GB PS3 with Move bundle today. I have to admit – playing FPS games on the console controller is tough! I had a hard time moving around and aiming properly. I am used to playing Counter-Strike on PC and FPS games on PC are any day better (thanks to the mouse!). Does this happen with everyone when playing on a console for the first time? I am not sure if I have picked up the right game for a beginner.

One letdown is that there are only 2 USB ports in PS3. For now I am charging both move controllers on my laptop. I hope I get used to playing with the controller.
Hey, congo on PS3 purchase. I hope you have lots of fun with it.

I agree on FPS. It is very difficult to play on default settings. The hardest part is aiming and moving around. Even i am finding it very difficult after playing COD series and CS on PC. But i would suggest you customize the control so you know what you are doing when playing FPS. You can replicate most of keyboard controls with ps3. So try that, it will help you.

There is a docking station available which charges move and regular controllers. It cost approx $25 in USA, you can get something similar. That way you use only one USB but that will charge upto 4 controllers. Also the dock below has 2 additional ports so you will have 4 in total.

here is the link

http://www.amazon.com/PS3-Move-Quad-...ng+station+ps3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
Advantages:
1. Kinect is much better than the stick you get with PS3.
2. XBOX games are cheaper than PS3 games.
3. If you are a fan of Microsoft games (like HALO series) then get XBOX (get the elite edition bundled with this game). PS3 doesnt have this title
In my home, i have ps3 and xbox. I have tried playing fruit ninja and other games with Kinect. Some are just pain to play. I haven't yet got the Move bundle, waiting for a good deal. Usually they have a game, move controller and eye for $50 during holidays so i am waiting for that deals.

As for the games, PS3 has its own title which xbox doesn't have. So it is more or less the same. GT5, Uncharted series are some examples. You play this games and you will know what PS3's graphics are capable of. I didn't find Halo and other graphics as good. Just my opinion having both system in house.

As for being cheaper, most games deal i have found are same for xbox and ps3. example - recently NSF Run came for $5 on both ps3 and xbox. Similarly, Max Payne 3 came for $20 on both. So most of the games now a days are similarly priced. But when they are new, the discounts on xbox games are more than ps3 games. I also got Battlefield 3 for $5 and similarly COD MW3 for $15 for ps3.

As you may have noticed, i have bought more games for PS3 than xbox. Its just more fun and controller is awesome.

Last edited by chevelle : 3rd October 2012 at 21:52.
Old 4th October 2012, 11:49   #1050
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
As for being cheaper, most games deal i have found are same for xbox and ps3. example - recently NSF Run came for $5 on both ps3 and xbox. Similarly, Max Payne 3 came for $20 on both. So most of the games now a days are similarly priced. But when they are new, the discounts on xbox games are more than ps3 games. I also got Battlefield 3 for $5 and similarly COD MW3 for $15 for ps3.

As you may have noticed, i have bought more games for PS3 than xbox. Its just more fun and controller is awesome.
From where did you get such amazing offers Chevelle? Oh ok your based in the US so i guess you get these offers on the PSN network there right?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks