Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2012, 10:37   #1141
BHPian

Re: The big fight: Xbox 360 or Playstation 3 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_rpmlover View Post
you sure you're choosing the right hdmi option? i mean, you said 4 ports right. If you select the wrong hdmi, say, if the actual port is hdmi3 and you choose hdmi1, you wont get . screen will be blank. try choosing all hdmi1 to hdmi4.
Yes sir - I did all these things. But still no luck. All I have left is to watch youtube videos and see what all other solutions are there. Of course trying another HDMI cable is also an option but when the PS3 and the TV are recognizing it, I just cannot understand why it is not working.
Old 4th November 2012, 10:50   #1142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Yes sir - I did all these things. But still no luck. All I have left is to watch Youtube videos and see what all other solutions are there. Of course trying another HDMI cable is also an option but when the PS3 and the TV are recognizing it, I just cannot understand why it is not working.
okay. lets just dispose the hdmi. connect using the stock AV cable. I have connected initially by AV cable and then only i bought hdmi. I connected hdmi after a few days. But, when you're connecting AV, in settings(in ps3) , it will be AV. You dont have to change it. I mean , if you're connecting hdmi, it automatically changes to HD.

Connect by AV cable.its the only thing we can do now. There is nothing like TV compatibility and all. Even older CRT tvs can play ps3 games easily. i know a guy who plays on big 29" crt.

Btw, Dont call me a sire . I'm just 19 here .Just helping you out .
Old 4th November 2012, 17:18   #1143
BHPian

Quote:
okay. lets just dispose the hdmi. connect using the stock AV cable. I have connected initially by AV cable and then only i bought hdmi. I connected hdmi after a few days. But, when you're connecting AV, in settings(in ps3) , it will be AV. You dont have to change it. I mean , if you're connecting hdmi, it automatically changes to HD.
Yep - Have given up on the HDMI now. There was one more thing I tried. I connected PS3 through AV and then in settings, there is an option for system settings. There we get an option of HDMI control. It was switched off earlier - I switched it on and with tremendous hope repeated the display setting exercise only to find out still nothing is happening. It has made me mad actually. I was yesterday literally about to the HDMI cable. I have to say this - gaming does make me short tempered.
Old 4th November 2012, 21:50   #1144
BHPian

Just to let you guys know. A ps3 without hdmi cable is a waste of money. The hdmi transforms the whole experience several fold. Without the hdmi, the ps3 is more like a ps2.
Old 4th November 2012, 23:33   #1145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5_fan View Post
Just to let you guys know. A ps3 without hdmi cable is a waste of money. The hdmi transforms the whole experience several fold. Without the hdmi, the ps3 is more like a ps2.
I second that. ps3 must be used with hdmi. I have been using some cheap hdmi cables in ps3 and xbox from past 1 year and the performance is excellent. Initially I checked out Sony hdmi cables but were costing around 2.5K.

I bought the Forza Horizon for xbox today. Its a brilliant game. I loved the open world concept. Its a bliss to drive the dream machines on the open roads of Colorado. The cars handle very well. The handling is not as realistic as in Forza Motorsport 4, its little bit towards the arcade side. The game has got brilliant graphics. Now suddenly the GT5 graphics appears a bit artificial. Also the dashboard view of this game is far better than that of GT5. This game is a must for all car lovers. Currently I'm busy exploring the Colorado map with a Lancer Evolution.

Anyone has tried the new NFS Most Wanted?

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 4th November 2012 at 23:36.
Old 5th November 2012, 00:05   #1146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil

Yep - Have given up on the HDMI now. There was one more thing I tried. I connected PS3 through AV and then in settings, there is an option for system settings. There we get an option of HDMI control. It was switched off earlier - I switched it on and with tremendous hope repeated the display setting exercise only to find out still nothing is happening. It has made me mad actually. I was yesterday literally about to the HDMI cable. I have to say this - gaming does make me short tempered.
The hdmi cable may be of a lower version. I had this issue with 3$ hdmi cables purchased from amazon, but when I switched to another more expensive and version of cable, worked fine for me. The same hdmi cable works with my Dish STB but not with the ps3
Old 5th November 2012, 01:11   #1147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5_fan View Post
Just to let you guys know. A ps3 without hdmi cable is a waste of money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
I have been using some cheap hdmi cables in ps3 and xbox from past 1 year and the performance is excellent. Initially I checked out Sony hdmi cables but were costing around 2.5K.
Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
The hdmi cable may be of a lower version. I had this issue with 3$ hdmi cables purchased from amazon, but when I switched to another more expensive and version of cable, worked fine for me.
All these comments just make me desperate to buy an expensive HDMI cable but I do not think I will be taking out more money to buy one. What angers me the most is that this entire process is random. I WILL NOT give 2.5k for the HDMI cable - why?- because others can have the experience with a cheaper cable.

I am just not able to figure out what I am doing wrong? And do HDMI cables even have any version? I did not see any specifications on the HDMI packet which I bought.

Well I am off gaming for a week now. I will wait and again try these things. Else I will have to borrow an EXPENSIVE cable and see if the cable itself is the issue. Is there a way I can check whether the cable is faulty or not? My laptop does not have a HDMI port so cannot check on that. Any other way to check this?
Old 5th November 2012, 07:44   #1148
BHPian

Quote:

All these comments just make me desperate to buy an expensive HDMI cable but I do not think I will be taking out more money to buy one. What angers me the most is that this entire process is random. I WILL NOT give 2.5k for the HDMI cable - why?- because others can have the experience with a cheaper cable.

I am just not able to figure out what I am doing wrong? And do HDMI cables even have any version? I did not see any specifications on the HDMI packet which I bought.

Well I am off gaming for a week now. I will wait and again try these things. Else I will have to borrow an EXPENSIVE cable and see if the cable itself is the issue. Is there a way I can check whether the cable is faulty or not? My laptop does not have a HDMI port so cannot check on that. Any other way to check this?
Check here, I see a 1.4 for under 500rs. You will get it cheaper in store actually.
http://mdrelectronics.com/quicklinks.asp?SAppID=22
Old 5th November 2012, 08:36   #1149
BHPian

Quote:

Get a belkin full hd high speed hdmi. Costs around 500-600 rupees. Its very good and has lifetime warranty. The problem with cheap hdmi is not the lack of picture quality. Even expensive cables give you the same picture quality as the cheaper ones. The issue with cheaper cables is the cheap build quality and inflexible nature of the cable. Also a risk that they damage the hdmi ports of your device if you frequently take it out and put it back in.
Old 5th November 2012, 08:51   #1150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Fight is an okay-okay game. its a move enabled game. you can find a used copy for 700incl shipping.
can you suggest from where can i get one at the given price, i tried google a lot but did not find one
Old 5th November 2012, 12:15   #1151
BHPian

Quote:

Hi Saanil,

Yes, hdmi cables do have versions but I guess that shouldn't be the problem in your case as you bought yours recently, it should be either v1.3 or v1.4 & both of them work fine with ps3 (version no. is usually mentioned on the cable itself).I connected my ps3 using a 2 year old hdmi cable ( bought for 150/-) and it worked fine.

Try this-

1-Go to the settings list, there is a option -Display settings-enter-it will be showing connected with AV-enter and select automatic in the next option.
OR Turn the PS3 off, then hold down the power button. The PS3 will turn on, keep the power button pressed down and it should change.

2 -With ps3 turned off, connect the hdmi cable to the ps3 & remove the AV connector, connect the hdmi cable to hdmi 1 on TV and turn on the TV selecting hdmi 1 as input source and then turn on the ps3.

This should work 99.9% (assuming that the cable is not defective), I suggest you give it a try before you get yourself another hdmi cable.

I see that you have a tata sky connected with hdmi, simply connect the stb hdmi to your ps3 (follow step 1 & 2) and see if it works.Also check the hdmi cable by connection it with tata sky.

Last edited by lancerlover : 5th November 2012 at 12:36.
Old 5th November 2012, 13:09   #1152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I also bought the HDMI cable for my PS3 recently.
At 1080p, i was getting blank screen on running the games. I switched to 720p using PS3 settings, and now it works like a charm.
Old 6th November 2012, 01:42   #1153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
I also bought the HDMI cable for my PS3 recently.
At 1080p, i was getting blank screen on running the games. I switched to 720p using PS3 settings, and now it works like a charm.
Are you sure the T.V. you are connecting it to is Full HD Capable ?
if its a HD Ready T.V. you will only be able to use 720p
Old 6th November 2012, 15:56   #1154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
can you suggest from where can i get one at the given price, i tried google a lot but did not find one
Will PM you soon the details. Even you can look in ebay for used pieces as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
I bought the Forza Horizon for xbox today. Its a brilliant game(...)The game has got brilliant graphics. Now suddenly the GT5 graphics appears a bit artificial. Anyone has tried the new NFS Most Wanted?
I want to play the Forza somehow, the only Xbox game which i want to be made for PS3. The GTV is not upto the FOrza possibly because it is a bit
older game. I bet the GT6 will be awesome. But, for that, we need a PS4.

Quote:
Why are you sticking to the hdmi still ? Try the AV cable. If it works with AV cable, then the problem is with the hdmi. You just need the hdmi to play games right ? First, lets just start with AV. Or contact the sony centre guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post
Are you sure the T.V. you are connecting it to is Full HD Capable ?
if its a HD Ready T.V. you will only be able to use 720p
Agreed with ghpk. Its the problem with your TV. But, most of the games are 720p over 1080p. So, its not a big deal !
Old 6th November 2012, 21:30   #1155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_rpmlover
I want to play the Forza somehow, the only Xbox game which i want to be made for PS3. The GTV is not upto the FOrza possibly because it is a bit
older game. I bet the GT6 will be awesome. But, for that, we need a PS4.
Both Forza 4 and GT5 are equally good but I feel Forza 4 has got an edge over GT5 in the handling department. Also the dashboard view is better in Forza. But some of the tracks in GT5 are extremely high detailed, especially the Nurburgring track.

GT6 seems to be a distant dream. It took almost 5 years for Kazunori Yamauchi and team to come out with GT5. So I'm not expecting GT6 in the near future.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks