Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2013, 12:04   #1246
Senior - BHPian

Re: The big fight: Xbox 360 or Playstation 3 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
As far as i know both the PS4 and xbox720 are expected before june 2013. PS4 launch around May followed by xbox 720 in june.

And according to leaks the xbox 720 includes:

While the PlayStation 4
Holy Moly!
What would be the price of those powerful machines?

I hope that the price of XBOX 360 keeps falling further as the new one is launched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
Big announcement by Sony on Feb 20 Seems like they are going to announce the PS4 and it will go one sale for the holidays season of 2013. Maybe a November/December launch.
I am now wondering what Microsoft announces in this regard.
Old 1st February 2013, 12:09   #1247
BHPian

Will be waiting for Feb 20 – Hoping it is related to PS4 only. I do not think the prices of existing consoles will fall much because in my opinion the newer ones will be launched a higher price point. While I am expecting a drop but not a major one.

I am most interested in knowing what the next-gen consoles will be innovating.
Old 1st February 2013, 22:44   #1248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Is this for the Dubai shopping festival or prices of Xbox have come down signalling the launch of a new console as per the rumors?

I have started playing Batman Arkham Asylum (AA) GOTY after having completed Uncharted 3. Batman AA was tough to find - Flipkart does not stock it. I went to a retailer where I usually go and it was not available there - I was told that the new stock would come by end of this week - apparently the price of this game would be reduced to Rs 999.

But I bought this game from the Game Shop at Oberoi mall after I went there to buy some clothes - never planned to buy that day actually. I got the game for Rs 1170 after a 10% discount.

First impressions of the game seem average - note that I have just completed 2% of the game. Probably the gameplay will get better afterwards.

With just 2% completion, you ain't seen nothin yet
You bought a great game. Stick to it and you will really appreciate the game play and the dark side of Batman.
Old 2nd February 2013, 21:56   #1249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derezzed View Post
With just 2% completion, you ain't seen nothin yet
You bought a great game. Stick to it and you will really appreciate the game play and the dark side of Batman.
Of course – judging a game after 2% completion is not fair – I was just saying what I felt after starting the game. I have now completed 15% - it seems the game is a bit longer than the games I have played. I found the game to be a little tougher in terms of user-friendliness. Of course final verdict should come after completing the game.
Old 4th February 2013, 11:28   #1250
BHPian

Quote:
Will be waiting for Feb 20 – Hoping it is related to PS4 only. I do not think the prices of existing consoles will fall much because in my opinion the newer ones will be launched a higher price point. While I am expecting a drop but not a major one.

I am most interested in knowing what the next-gen consoles will be innovating.
Apparently, the "PS4" if that is what the next gen PS is going to be called, will be incorporating an AMD chip and not a chip developed exclusively by Sony as was the case for the PS3. The in-house chip made the PS3 more expensive. Prices for the PS4 are expected to be similar or maybe even lesser as per experts but personally, I don't see that will happen. Maybe, it will be priced the same.

Sony are still going on with the CD based games but PS4 will have a higher level of social gaming. Feb 20th is the day. I sincerely hope that there are a few surprises
Old 4th February 2013, 14:58   #1251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shome View Post

Sony are still going on with the CD based games but PS4 will have a higher level of social gaming. Feb 20th is the day. I sincerely hope that there are a few surprises
Which of the two consoles (in their current avatar) are more suitable for storing and running games from USB hard disks?

I am not someone who likes the CD/DVD/BD player to overwork.
Old 4th February 2013, 15:19   #1252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post

Which of the two consoles (in their current avatar) are more suitable for storing and running games from USB hard disks?

I am not someone who likes the CD/DVD/BD player to overwork.
Playsation 3 can play the game directly off the hard disk without the game disc but you need to mod it.(basically firmware mod).
Its a boon since you can store the games and no problems with the disc going bad.

Officially No.
Old 7th February 2013, 09:01   #1253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post

Playsation 3 can play the game directly off the hard disk without the game disc but you need to mod it.(basically firmware mod).
Its a boon since you can store the games and no problems with the disc going bad.

Officially No.
Is this software mod something that one can do on own? I was able to do it to my wii but didn't find it for the ps3
Old 7th February 2013, 09:19   #1254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Of course – judging a game after 2% completion is not fair – I was just saying what I felt after starting the game. I have now completed 15% - it seems the game is a bit longer than the games I have played. I found the game to be a little tougher in terms of user-friendliness. Of course final verdict should come after completing the game.
Batman AA and AC are two of the best titles available for the consoles. It gets fun when you increase the difficulty and pull some combo moves. Look up in youtube as to how to optimize your combo moves.

But the thing is, the combo moves and gadgets are unlocked as you continue further in the game.

*SPOILER ALERT* BTW, the Batman Arkham City has _THE_ most shocking ending of a video game!
Old 11th February 2013, 22:08   #1255
BHPian

Quote:
Of course – judging a game after 2% completion is not fair – I was just saying what I felt after starting the game.
You joined ivg eh? Saw quite a few sale threads there.

Quote:
BTW, the Batman Arkham City has _THE_ most shocking ending of a video game!
You played the normal Arkham City game or GOTY one ? I have heard that the real ending of the game lies in one of the dlcs and hence you have to play all the dlcs or in short, GOTY one to understand the end of the game. That said, i haven't played it yet although i have it with me. So, dunno if this is true or not. Thought, i should let you know.

EDIT : Finished Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning and the combat system of the game is very good. The game is difficult to finish even at easy difficulty, unless you level up your character. Now, playing Hitman Absolution. Have to say, its one of the best games released in 2012. Must play, if you ask me.

Last edited by akhil_rpmlover : 11th February 2013 at 22:11.
Old 12th February 2013, 08:58   #1256
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_rpmlover View Post
You played the normal Arkham City game or GOTY one ? I have heard that the real ending of the game lies in one of the dlcs and hence you have to play all the dlcs or in short, GOTY one to understand the end of the game. That said, i haven't played it yet although i have it with me. So, dunno if this is true or not. Thought, i should let you know.
Nope, there are no alternate endings. However, you get to play as different characters with the GOTY edition, including Robin and Nightwing. Catwoman bundle is already available with normal edition.
Old 12th February 2013, 21:59   #1257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_rpmlover View Post
You joined ivg eh? Saw quite a few sale threads there.

EDIT : Finished Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning and the combat system of the game is very good. The game is difficult to finish even at easy difficulty, unless you level up your character. Now, playing Hitman Absolution. Have to say, its one of the best games released in 2012. Must play, if you ask me.
Yes bro. I joined IVG some time back. I have already had 2 sale threads there. One was for RDR which I was able to sell. The other one is for UC1 and UC2. Need money to buy some more games.

BTW what is your handle on IVG?
Old 13th February 2013, 16:57   #1258
Senior - BHPian

My PS3 320 gb stopped working so gave it for replacement as it was under warranty.
Got an update today as that version is now stopped i will be getting the 500gb slim one which is retailing now days.
Now couple of q's-
1.-Is anyone here using the 500 gb slim one? How is its performance.
2.- I was told to get a UPS for ps3 to be on safe side in case of power fluctuation as was the case with previous one.
anyone using UPS with ps3 can help me with which one to get and from where?
Thanks.
Old 13th February 2013, 17:15   #1259
BHPian

Quote:
Nope, there are no alternate endings. However, you get to play as different characters with the GOTY edition, including Robin and Nightwing. Catwoman bundle is already available with normal edition.
Yeah. Need to have a check on this. One of my friends told the real ending lies on a dlc and something like that. Need to have a check on this again.

Quote:
Yes bro. I joined IVG some time back. I have already had 2 sale threads there. One was for RDR which I was able to sell. The other one is for UC1 and UC2. Need money to buy some more games.

BTW what is your handle on IVG?
Will PM you. yeah. Saw both the threads. You seem to restrict the sales to Mumbai guys alone. Start shipping . You will get more buyers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
My PS3 320 gb stopped working so gave it for replacement as it was under warranty.
Got an update today as that version is now stopped i will be getting the 500gb slim one which is retailing now days.
Now couple of q's-
1.-Is anyone here using the 500 gb slim one? How is its performance.
2.- I was told to get a UPS for ps3 to be on safe side in case of power fluctuation as was the case with previous one.
anyone using UPS with ps3 can help me with which one to get and from where?
Thanks.
Under warranty means, free replacement ? Or you have to pay 30% of mrp?
1. I aint using a 500gb one, but AFAIK, there are no issues with it. heard that Disc insert and removal method is a tad-boring. No other issues than that. And I don't quite like the looks of it.

2. Using a UPS is to save it from Voltage fluctuations. But, buy it only if you're seriously suffering from Voltage fluctuations. Else no need. because only very few guys use UPS. Still, if you have a inverter at home, I don't think there is much need of a UPS. It will automatically get switched ON, if Voltage drops. If you wanna buy UPS, buy from a computer shop. There are multiple options available.

Btw, will you be getting the 2 bundled games as well ? Since you're getting a new 500gb one as replacement, will you be getting the 1 year warranty for that 500gb one as well?
Old 21st February 2013, 05:12   #1260
Senior - BHPian

The new PlayStation 4 is here.
  • PS4 can upload videos while you play, allow users to watch games remotely
  • Gamers will be able to share ten-second long clips of their gameplay and stream their play sessions online to friends. Hirai and Co. are also planning PS Vita and tablet apps for folks to partake in the social experiences when they're not near their PS4.
  • Sony's PlayStation 4 will use Gaikai game streaming technology
  • Sony PlayStation 4 games can be played while they are downloaded
  • You can find all of our PlayStation 4 stories right here in our StoryStream
  • Sony announces new DualShock 4 controller with touchpad now (like Vita), a headphone jack, share button and a light bar which will be utilized as a "more friendly way to identify players."
  • PS3 titles aren't natively supported on PS4. So basically: not backwards-compatible with PS3, but maybe. Someday. But not now.
Find it live here

http://live.theverge.com/sony-playst...ent-live-blog/

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks