Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2007, 13:55   #271
Senior - BHPian

Halo Series rocks to especially people who love sniping and strategy, as for PS series, F-1 games rock and its so amazing that every car differs in control with the Ferrari's requiring more effective control...
Old 8th November 2007, 14:03   #272
BHPian

recently on my way back from dubai, the duty free has a great package for 2400 dirhams, PS3+(two) wireless six axis controls + 2 games (cant remember their names?), this is the 60 GB one.They also had the XBOX 360Elite (black) @ 2000 dirhams.With the dirham going downhill like the USD, its getting cheaper for us Indians.
Old 8th November 2007, 18:51   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
35K for console. Whats Elite? Halo3 is PS3 compatible? I am getting PS3 ( 80GB model) from US along with Motorstorm for $480 (19K)

Halo 3 is PS3 compatible?
Halo 3 is not PS3 compatible though they will have a PC version out soon I guess like they did for Halo 2 & 1.

Xbox.com | Xbox 360 - Xbox 360â„¢ Elite System

The link leads to the Elite version.
Old 8th November 2007, 19:07   #274
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexister View Post
Halo 3 is not PS3 compatible though they will have a PC version out soon I guess like they did for Halo 2 & 1.

Xbox.com | Xbox 360 - Xbox 360â„¢ Elite System

The link leads to the Elite version.
Thanks. Did you buy the LCD? I got mine delivered last night
Old 9th November 2007, 14:19   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Thanks. Did you buy the LCD? I got mine delivered last night
Nope. I decided to wait another year before getting an LCD. I am just hoping that LED based rear projections televisions are released in India.

Also my mobile is out so I have to get a new one. This has upset budgeting plans. Im planning on getting the HTC TyTn II. Will see.

Congrats on your LCD. How is it going?
Old 9th November 2007, 23:12   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
Besides the 40gb, all the ps3s can play ps2 games. The 60gb and 20gb versions are the best for playing ps2 games.

However you wont be able to play pirated ps2 games on it and since most ps2 games in India are pirated, I dont see the point.

i play only a few selected titles on ps3 not all
Old 16th November 2007, 07:49   #277

Post Edited by the Team-BHP Support : Watch the language; do not personally attack any member!

Ahoy.
I am finally out of my hibernation. Now, as expected, I must get back to my anti-PS3 self and try to prove all of you wrong.

Last edited by GTO : 16th November 2007 at 16:48.
Old 16th November 2007, 13:15   #278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinee View Post
Ahoy.
I am finally out of my hibernation. Now, as expected, I must get back to my anti-PS3 self and try to prove all of you idiots wrong.

Hows your PC gaming going? You still havent told us about your configuration.
Old 16th November 2007, 21:27   #279

^
Its going very well. I am reliving my youth playing all the classic arcade games. Duke Nukem rules!!! Its funny how we spend all our money on the processing, gpu, et al just for the system to render subtle features that make it all look realistic. In the process the developers often neglect the cardinal issues ruining the gameplay. I still enjoy playing contra as compared to most of the godawful FPS out there, just due to the sheer enjoyment you get out of it. No nonsense, no ammo behind the tanks, no armor needed, no health upgrades. Oh, how i miss the atari days:(

Note to mods: My previous post was in no way a verbal attack of any sort towards any of the members. It was all in good humor.

Oh and I've posted my PC configuration in one of the threads over here.
Old 17th November 2007, 12:51   #280
BHPian

xbox 360 graphics are really gr8 man just bought it yest the problem with ps3 is its not cracked man so no pirates games yet
Old 17th November 2007, 19:24   #281

Developing a modchip for the PS3 wont be that tedious. It is pointless unless people get hold of BluRay writers, because its mainly about distribution. Getting an altogether abandoned format for their games was clever on Sony's part but it has massively backfired and come the day (if ever, though highly unlikely) when BluRay's prices fall, Sony is going down.
Old 17th November 2007, 22:39   #282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinee View Post
Developing a modchip for the PS3 wont be that tedious. It is pointless unless people get hold of BluRay writers, because its mainly about distribution. Getting an altogether abandoned format for their games was clever on Sony's part but it has massively backfired and come the day (if ever, though highly unlikely) when BluRay's prices fall, Sony is going down.
No offence man, but sometimes you really talk ****.

BluRay isnt an abandoned format, Infact in comparison to HD DVD sales, Bluray sells twice as many copies as HD DVD.

Even MS who is part of the HDDVD camp isnt putting HDDVD drives into their 360s simply because they dont want everyone to be stuck with a HDDVD drive in case the format fails. MS has said that theres a strong possibility of the 360 comming wiht a Blu Ray drive, incase the format fails.

Besides there have been a lot of developers complaining about how small DVDs are and how they arent able to fit all game data into the DVDs.

btw Blu Ray writers have been available in the market for some time now, as well as blank Blu Ray discs.
Old 18th November 2007, 03:19   #283

I won't be surprised at this point if you told me that you work for Sony or something. No one can suck up to a corporation that has been literally looting and brainwashing their almost loyal fanbase that much. And now I am pretty sure that you are one of those 'New Gen Gamers', who were introduced to gaming by Sony and MS and who think that anti-aliasing
is all you need for a good game.

Wherever you're getting your facts from, they 're definitely distorted. Do you even know how many movies are out there on HD DVD format as compared to BluRay? Even going by that logic HDs will sell out Bluray. Sony had come out with as many as 8 media formats in the past which have went down head-first. HUGE FLOP! They have been gagging us with their DRM craptrap, but luckily we have non-n00bs who can see through their sophistry.
Old 18th November 2007, 03:28   #284

Their were speculations about MS putting in Blurays about last year. That was solely because their were apprehensions about both the formats and MS wanted to cling to the one that caught on better. Now that they have come out with an HD DVD player, its certainly evident who's leading.
Old 18th November 2007, 07:08   #285
BHPian

actually the blu-ray vs hd-dvd has no clear winner unlike vhs vs betamax a few years ago. Both camps are pretty solid and bd-dvds do have a capacity edge over hd-dvds (almost twice last i checked). There are a good enough number of supporters of both camps and no compromise is happening. So you will see both formats for many more years.
AND YES technically blu-ray is stronger than hd-dvd unless one dont understand what gigabytes are!!
PS3s have an advantage there with blu-rays as they can have more content on one disc and multi-region information also (so region free). Xbox is still not using hd-dvds for games and are on a legacy dvd format and some games are already lacking in content requiring more than 1 dvd, not to mention they don't have multi-region content on the same disc and hence most games are regional discs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks