Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2007, 00:51   #121
BHPian

hey guys just bought my ps3 and got motorstorm and def jam icon. needless to say the gaming experience is top notch. Games are real expensive, neone know of ne patch or pirated games for ps3 are gonna be available netime soon?
Old 4th June 2007, 01:04   #122
Senior - BHPian

XBOX chipped premium is quiet cheaper than ps3 i m thinking of getting ps2 or xbox but there r not much games for xbox :S

BTW do chipped XBOX have warranty ?
Old 4th June 2007, 02:36   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
XBOX chipped premium is quiet cheaper than ps3 i m thinking of getting ps2 or xbox but there r not much games for xbox :S

BTW do chipped XBOX have warranty ?
Why dont you just get a core system and add the HDD.Theres an exchange offer on and you can get the core system for as low as 15990 from Microsoft India with warranty for a year. You wont be able to play a modded console online on Xbox Live as Microsoft will ban the console.

Chipped Xbox 360s dont have any official warranty.
Old 4th June 2007, 13:06   #124
aZa
Senior - BHPian

last time i went to palika bazaar they were selling XBOX premium Chipped for 19K! the cracked games started were for Rs 150. All this is without warranty and no online game play ...
Old 4th June 2007, 14:18   #125
BHPian

you can chip the xbox in a way that lets you turn off the chip whenever you want to play online.
Old 13th June 2007, 15:30   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fb1 View Post
hey chennai guys, theres a new placed on spurtank road called "NYX" its a gaming center with xbox 360s, ps3s, comps ... all are on lcd tv's and u hav a room with projector also.. should def try it out !!
yeah,, thats really a nice expeiance,,,
We have one in our office and thats really cool when you have that vibration off the controllers and sofa giving you thrilling experiance.....
Old 13th June 2007, 18:26   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xezas View Post
Played the PS3 in October at Sony showroom in Ginza, Tokyo.
Maybe it was the game I played (golf), but I did'nt see what the hype was all about.
I got to see (not play) a lot more games on the PS3 at other stores but it was nothing spectacular if you discount the fact that the screen was a Sony Bravia. It was good no doubt but not saliva-dripping, eye-glazing, mind-searching-for-which-FD-to-break kind of good.

On a related note, I played a lot on the XBox360 consoles at these stores and ended up buying one because the price was right.
I agree with you. Though one would argue that a ~20k price for the 360 too is a bit on the higher side, it looks justified given its relative performance when compared to the twice as costly PS3.
I have had access to the 360 for a long time now (probably you can tell that already from my name tag), and have been following closely its development and launch.

From my experience there are hardly any PS3 exclusive games left after GTA4 and host of others jumped ship and decided to port on the 360. Besides the rich title support there is the extremely matured and cool online support and the community association.

Frankly besides the Sony fanboys who understandably would opt for a PS3, i have not come across any compelling reason to burn twice the sum for equivalent or in many cases degraded offering when compared to the 360.
Old 5th July 2007, 11:31   #128
Senior - BHPian

XBox Live to be launched in India
Link
Old 5th July 2007, 11:46   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap_deal View Post
you can chip the xbox in a way that lets you turn off the chip whenever you want to play online.
Are these available here ??? and can the same be done to PS2 ?
Old 8th July 2007, 16:29   #130
BHPian

I voted for xbox 360 - cos i've had the fully loaded one for a few months now picked it up from singapore for 21k and also ended up buying 21k worth of games from there, as I didnt want to chip a new xbox. I keep getting games from singapore everytime i go there - plus its easier on the pocket as I don't splurge for a game the moment i see it in landmark or planet M

Plus my friend got an xbox 360 full fledged in India for 27k and we now have the perfect mix of region free, asian and indian region games

I am aware the ps3 is much technically, but decided to hold up on it till there are some more games for it, will get my hands on it someday!!
Old 27th July 2007, 16:06   #131
Distinguished - BHPian

PS3 Query

I am thinking of buying a PS3 purely for three reasons

Much better picture resolution than Xbox
Blue ray disk playing capability.
Bigger HD capacity

I have the option to get it from US from somebody coming in Oct'07 ( currently price in US is $499= Rs.20K) which will be slashed further in next 2-3 months.

Is it better to buy it from US, since the price difference is huge? Will I have any problems with warranty installation, et.all? Also, at the same time, i think i can get it grey here in India for a cheaper price ( how much would that be? ) Is it better to buy from US, or buy here with warranty or purchase it grey?
Old 30th July 2007, 07:20   #132
BHPian

hey mobik - PS3 in India is 34k now (slashed by 5k). Keep one thing in mind though the games available here are not the same region code as US and will not work on a US PS3. If you have a friend/relative in US or you keep visiting US quite often, then its cool.
Also if the customs catch you in India, make sure you tell em its just another hard-disk (as they will suspect it to be a laptop from xray) and don't open and show em your bag. I even stripped my xbox360 of packaging when i got it from singapore to avoid customs trouble

I am personally against grey market, but if you get a good deal its your choice/risk
Old 30th July 2007, 11:54   #133
Senior - BHPian

I beleive PS3's support to BlueRay compared to XBox360 support to HD DVD is good enough to go for PS3. HD DVD is approaching Betamax status with minimal or no support from DVD publishers and movie studios.
Old 30th July 2007, 12:11   #134
BHPian

i have a Nintendo gamecube bought 3 years back for my kids and now they would graduate to a Wii -- which i am planning to buy on my next trip -- Xbox and PS3 dont fit into the fun factor which Nintendo provides to gaming -- too bad they arent yet available in India
Old 30th July 2007, 12:28   #135
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
hey mobik - PS3 in India is 34k now (slashed by 5k). Keep one thing in mind though the games available here are not the same region code as US and will not work on a US PS3. If you have a friend/relative in US or you keep visiting US quite often, then its cool.
Also if the customs catch you in India, make sure you tell em its just another hard-disk (as they will suspect it to be a laptop from xray) and don't open and show em your bag. I even stripped my xbox360 of packaging when i got it from singapore to avoid customs trouble

I am personally against grey market, but if you get a good deal its your choice/risk
I doubt that would be the problem as i see some guys getting their PS3's from US and they use it without the region code problem in India? If its true that PS3 bought in the US will not play games bought in India, then its a issue, small but still an issue. Can somebody confirm?

Most Viewed