Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2007, 17:26   #76
Senior - BHPian

Anyone looking to sell off their PS2 or something since all you guys seem to have the PeeS3, XXXbox and what not?
Old 25th April 2007, 17:31   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Anyone looking to sell off their PS2 or something since all you guys seem to have the PeeS3, XXXbox and what not?
Why do you want a used one Ajay, when I can get you a new one with the mod-chip installed for about 6.5k? Interested?
Old 25th April 2007, 20:42   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Why do you want a used one Ajay, when I can get you a new one with the mod-chip installed for about 6.5k? Interested?
I am interested in buying But i want 2 controllers along with it.
Old 26th April 2007, 01:18   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodystopme View Post
I am interested in buying But i want 2 controllers along with it.
Extra controller is about 3-400 rupees more.
Old 26th April 2007, 01:37   #80
Senior - BHPian

and it also look quite orignal.........I have bought one and could not trace which was the original and which was the fake....
Old 26th April 2007, 01:40   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
and it also look quite orignal.........I have bought one and could not trace which was the original and which was the fake....
You talking about the PS2 or the controller sir ?
Old 26th April 2007, 01:48   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
You talking about the PS2 or the controller sir ?
Controller .
Old 26th April 2007, 11:12   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sounds good, Ishan. Would that be the latest version of the PS2? I have heard there are 2-3 versions of the PS2. And an extra controller would be handy. What is the usual procedure for getting games. Can I just downoad them and burn on DVDs? Does that work?
Old 26th April 2007, 11:23   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sounds good, Ishan. Would that be the latest version of the PS2? I have heard there are 2-3 versions of the PS2. And an extra controller would be handy. What is the usual procedure for getting games. Can I just downoad them and burn on DVDs? Does that work?
Na....no need to download them....they are 3-4 gb games and it takes time to download so it is better to buy them in the market.......here in delhi there is palika.....and there must be some thing like this in bombay also.....each game come for approx 75 each and that also on DVD.........

I dont know much in detail about the PS2.....but earlier versions had the PSU built inside the console....and was a big bigger than the pressent one.....now day the ps2 comes with the external addapter like that of a laptop....and is quite small when compared to the older one.....
Old 26th April 2007, 11:23   #85
Senior - BHPian

Usual procedure for getting games is to buy them from market! I am sure there is an equivalent of Palika Bazaar in Mumbai.. isnt it?
You can also download but games are in excess of 4 GB and it would take quite some time to download.

I have owned an XBOX prior to PS2. It went kaput because i tried to install a DivX reading software into it. The dealer took it back and i decided to exchange it for a PS2.

I would say you go with Xbox. The build quality is miles ahead of the PS2. Even the controllers have a built to last feel about them. And last but not the least, gameplay in Xbox is much much better than PS2 (this is what i experienced). You dont have to worry about memory cards, since the 8GB HD in Xbox is more than enough to save your games.

The only thing misssing in Xbox is the non-availability of games like GT4 etc. An xbox should cost you about 2.5 k more than PS2, but its worth it, if you can live without GT4 that is.

EDIT: LBM, we both posted at nearly the same time.
Old 26th April 2007, 11:25   #86
BHPian

Hey gamers, tried to use the XBOX 360 last week, but it dam takes ages to connect the wireless joystick to the console, could be faulty.

Secondly, a lot of static on the TV screen due the the wireless remote, and then suddenly the game dies before starting.

Are all these things normal with XBOX. personal experience very bad
Old 26th April 2007, 11:25   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Extra controller is about 3-400 rupees more.
I think we can do this deal but I have some questions.
Is this the slim PS2?
Will this transaction be with B&W?
If not then how much is PS2 slim with B&W?
And how much is the original PS2 controller for?

And what is the Use of Modchip in PS2? I have heard warranty goes boom boom after modchip work??
Old 26th April 2007, 12:16   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dceite View Post
I would say you go with Xbox. The build quality is miles ahead of the PS2. Even the controllers have a built to last feel about them. And last but not the least, gameplay in Xbox is much much better than PS2 (this is what i experienced). You dont have to worry about memory cards, since the 8GB HD in Xbox is more than enough to save your games.
This thread is taking a turn like the ICE threads. I asked for used, somehow got convinced to get a new one, and now you want me to spend 2-3k more for an Xbox - Perfect.

Now, when you say XBox, do you mean the 360 or the old one?

Mammary cards? Why would I need them? I dont want to take photos or record video with my gaming machine. For that I have my photophile-videophile quality Sony Ericsson W550i with 256MB on board, for Gawd's sakes!

Firstly, I dont find time away from work and other unmentionable activities to play games. But I was still thinking, "What the heck, It's been a while since I was crowned the neighbourhood Street Fighter 2- Arcade Version Champion", and now so much kharcha? Gotta rethink this. Oye tire-boy, hold the order!
Old 26th April 2007, 12:19   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodystopme View Post
Will this transaction be with B&W?
Yes, price includes lifetime warranty, delivery, on-site installation, and a free massage.

Somebodystophim somebodystophim!
Old 26th April 2007, 12:32   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, price includes lifetime warranty, delivery, on-site installation, and a free massage.

Somebodystophim somebodystophim!

Gotcha, i got him

Quote:
is this the slim PS2? - Yeah, a little, say 243624
Will this transaction be with B&W? No only black, no white
If not then how much is PS2 slim with B&W? Cannot confirm now, Mods have eyes. And Ears too.
And how much is the original PS2 controller for? got to ask the tired dealer

And what is the Use of Modchip in PS2? Just like a bust job

Most Viewed