Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2007, 21:17   #46
BHPian

since you put the option of pc as well. here is my opinion...
if i'd were to play a fight game ie., Tekken, Doa Mortal Kimbat. I would choose the xbox or ps3.
If it comes to car games, First person shooter....i would prefer the pc.

Now Xbox and the ps3 are really good in their own aspects but its the games atht i worry. A good game of xbox 360 never comes in a ps3 and vice versa. and i dont mean to say all games since GTA is aviable on xbox and ps2 platforms. But as alwys my vote goes to pc.
Old 8th March 2007, 23:54   #47
BHPian

Guys I own both and playing both the consoles the PS3 is a bit better as of now. The problem with the PS3 is that as of now there are no dedicated games that were programmed for the PS3 capabilities (or atleast I dont own that game). I have just a few games and my favourite being NFS. But I own NFS on XBOX 360 as well and the Graphics are not that bad on the XBOX. The only problem with the XBOX is the loading time. Its just tooo much. The PS3 the SIAXXIS Controllers are damn light but the SIAXXIS movement games take some time to get used to. Now I am dying to add a Nintendo Wii to my collection. And oh I am waiting for Halo for XBOX 360 and GT4 for the PS3 the only reason I bought both the consoles in the first place.
Old 9th March 2007, 14:03   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbaiya View Post
Guys I own both and playing both the consoles the PS3 is a bit better as of now. The problem with the PS3 is that as of now there are no dedicated games that were programmed for the PS3 capabilities (or atleast I dont own that game). I have just a few games and my favourite being NFS. But I own NFS on XBOX 360 as well and the Graphics are not that bad on the XBOX. The only problem with the XBOX is the loading time. Its just tooo much. The PS3 the SIAXXIS Controllers are damn light but the SIAXXIS movement games take some time to get used to. Now I am dying to add a Nintendo Wii to my collection. And oh I am waiting for Halo for XBOX 360 and GT4 for the PS3 the only reason I bought both the consoles in the first place.
Hey
Have the pirated xbox360 games released?
also does anyone know how much the console sells for in the grey market
thanks

Last edited by khanak : 9th March 2007 at 14:05.
Old 10th March 2007, 00:48   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
Hey
Have the pirated xbox360 games released?
also does anyone know how much the console sells for in the grey market
thanks
I dont know about the Pirated Games. I am buying original games as of now. If someone does know where I can get a Mod Chip Installed in Mumbai please do let me know.

Thanks
Old 11th March 2007, 16:30   #50
fb1
BHPian

Pirated games have released for XBOX 360 long back, in order to run them you have to get a firmware uploaded to your xbox.. this process is painful if you dont want to mess up ur xbox360 by doing this u can go to any good game dealer and ask him to do it. In chennai gypsy does it for 4,000 RS but thats a rip off.. Pirated games for xbox 360 are 300-350 Rs.
Old 11th March 2007, 17:39   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fb1 View Post
Pirated games have released for XBOX 360 long back, in order to run them you have to get a firmware uploaded to your xbox.. this process is painful if you dont want to mess up ur xbox360 by doing this u can go to any good game dealer and ask him to do it. In chennai gypsy does it for 4,000 RS but thats a rip off.. Pirated games for xbox 360 are 300-350 Rs.
thanks for the info man. any idea how much the console sells for in the grey market?
Old 11th March 2007, 20:53   #52
fb1
BHPian

AFAIK, with modifcation its selling for 25k for the premium edition...
Old 12th March 2007, 09:25   #53
BHPian

yo guys
i just played ps3 yesterday at one gadget shop in pune t was a car game named i think burn out or somthing but it rocks man fantastic,mind blowing i couldnt believe it i have to buy one man
Old 12th March 2007, 21:40   #54
Senior - BHPian

I want the wii. everything else sux.
Old 13th March 2007, 02:52   #55
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by payam View Post
yo guys
i just played ps3 yesterday at one gadget shop in pune t was a car game named i think burn out or somthing but it rocks man fantastic,mind blowing i couldnt believe it i have to buy one man
Payam, where in Pune is this?
Old 29th March 2007, 02:59   #56
Senior - BHPian

Microsoft has just announced a newer version of the Xbox360 - the Elite version, which will be in black, with a 120gb hdd & a HDMI port

Feature: Who will buy the Xbox 360 Elite? - ComputerAndVideoGames.com
Old 31st March 2007, 01:13   #57
BHPian

one of my friend bought a ps3 he paid 40k for it he is playing call of duty 3 on his 42" lcd and its absolutely amazing...@ all just wait guys good games will come out for both ps3 and xbox360 with modchips and everything...right xbox360 has a slight edge over ps3 because of gears of war this games is supposed to be awesome...i would go for a pc anyday nothing beats it
Old 31st March 2007, 11:52   #58
BHPian

I just sold my PS3 a week ago as im getting the official version which is going to be released april 26th.

My vote would go to the 360 as the controller is more user friendly,(specially for the car games) and becuase of the exclusive titles like Gears of War and Forza Motorsport 2.

There is hardly a 5-10% difference in the graphics between the 2 consoles.

Mumbaiya: modding the 360 is done is many places in mumbai, but ive heard that there is a high failure rate for these consoles, thats why im sticking to buying original games for the 360.
Old 31st March 2007, 15:53   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.P.M View Post
and becuase of the exclusive titles like Gears of War and Forza Motorsport 2.
None of the XBox titles can match up to the Gran Turismo series of car games available on the PS2.
Old 2nd April 2007, 15:14   #60
BHPian

I beg to differ.......once forza 2 is launched you will definately be playing a lot less of gran turismo.

check out this website.... Forza Motorsport 2 Forum - Forza 2 Release Date & News

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks