Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2007, 15:38   #301
BHPian

Razor_5555

Xbox 360 all the way boys..better games, better graphics and xbox live!! Beat that PS3..

My Xbox live Gamer tag - RAZOR_5555
Old 22nd November 2007, 10:51   #302
BHPian

As for as the format war is concerned , HD DVD will surely be the winner . Toshiba recently dropped the price of itz HD-A2 to $99 (you read it right ! 99 bucks a piece!) and since then the sales have gone up drastically .
And coming back to the topic of Xbox Vs PS3 , Xbox would be a wiser option because of a). The pricing
b). Better Titles
c). Support for HD DVD (which is going to win this battle . Sony's BetaMax lost out to VHS in the past ! UMD is kinda defunct . As a matter of fact they are actually bundling movies on the memory cards instead of using their crappy UMD)
Old 22nd November 2007, 14:48   #303
BHPian

I really didn't have a choice, I bought the original XBox a few years ago for only one game - Halo 2. The 360 was a no-brainer

My XBox Live ID is 'ChennaiGuy', would be glad to meet team-bhp members online for GOW, PGR3, Forza2, or Halo3...

The PS3 is a great machine, but the only game that interests me in the current line-up is 'F1 Championship Edition'. And I'm not desperate enough to spend 35K to satisfy my craving for F1 - yet !

P.S. - Also look for 'harmon bro', he's usually found on the tracks of Forza2
Old 22nd November 2007, 16:16   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
I really didn't have a choice, I bought the original XBox a few years ago for only one game - Halo 2. The 360 was a no-brainer

My XBox Live ID is 'ChennaiGuy', would be glad to meet team-bhp members online for GOW, PGR3, Forza2, or Halo3...

The PS3 is a great machine, but the only game that interests me in the current line-up is 'F1 Championship Edition'. And I'm not desperate enough to spend 35K to satisfy my craving for F1 - yet !

P.S. - Also look for 'harmon bro', he's usually found on the tracks of Forza2
Yep! Forza sports it is... Was live last night and got mobbed by a couple of teens on the tracks. My XBOX Live ID is 'Harmon Bro' join me with Forza2.
Old 22nd November 2007, 22:30   #305
BHPian

The XBox live ID is umbambi. That is the new one on the Indian XBox Live server. Used to play as tadukuttan earlier, US account. Would be fun if we could gang up, or race each other a bit online? What say?

And still mighty bad with the bloody controller, maybe I should get a steering wheel. Does anybody know whether I can connect a Logitech Momo racing wheel to the XBox?
Old 23rd November 2007, 02:31   #306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadukuttan View Post
The XBox live ID is umbambi. That is the new one on the Indian XBox Live server. Used to play as tadukuttan earlier, US account. Would be fun if we could gang up, or race each other a bit online? What say?

And still mighty bad with the bloody controller, maybe I should get a steering wheel. Does anybody know whether I can connect a Logitech Momo racing wheel to the XBox?

Not 100% sure but I dont think its possible. MS has their own steering wheel for the 360.
Old 23rd November 2007, 18:42   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadukuttan View Post

Check this out
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/ga...s/299&cl=us,en
Old 23rd November 2007, 19:25   #308
BHPian

Sorry, just a question. Does the Xbox also come with the modchips found on the PS2? Am looking to upgrade from my ps2 to either the 360 or the ps3, hence the question. Still early days for the ps3 to be out with the chip, but is the 360 available with these?
Old 26th November 2007, 17:53   #309
BHPian

I have a question does x box also play dvds which i suppose yes, Can I take a backup of movies in the hard disk inside xbox,
As am about to purchase is there any upgarde of xbox which is going to be launched?
Regards
Wadhwa Ajay
Old 30th November 2007, 16:22   #310
BHPian

Hmmmm, AMD and Intel releasing mobos with multi CPU platforms running 4 graphic cards.

Isnt that enough to take the breath away? I wish I win a lakh or two in lottery.
Old 30th November 2007, 16:24   #311
BHPian

Two quad cores and two 8800 GTX, aiiiieeeeyaaa!!!!
Old 1st December 2007, 11:04   #312
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, how do i save/copy data from my SD card of my DSLR to my Sony PS3? Do i just insert the card in the slot and copy it on the HDD? Do i have to make any drives prior to copying the data? Its a brand new PS3
Old 1st December 2007, 13:16   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurmist View Post
Sorry, just a question. Does the Xbox also come with the modchips found on the PS2? Am looking to upgrade from my ps2 to either the 360 or the ps3, hence the question. Still early days for the ps3 to be out with the chip, but is the 360 available with these?

yes there are modchips available.......but for ps3 we will have to wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_V View Post
Two quad cores and two 8800 GTX, aiiiieeeeyaaa!!!!

dear blue_v lets keep this thread discussion only about consoles
Old 1st December 2007, 15:41   #314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4_attitude View Post
I have a question does x box also play dvds which i suppose yes, Can I take a backup of movies in the hard disk inside xbox,
As am about to purchase is there any upgarde of xbox which is going to be launched?
Regards
Wadhwa Ajay
The xbox 360 does play dvds and even HD DVDs if you buy the add on drive. The ps3 has an inbuilt bluray drive that plays dvds and blurays. I dont tihnk you can make backups of your movies but both consoles will be able to play divx movies in the near future.
Old 3rd December 2007, 10:06   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan View Post
yes there are modchips available.......but for ps3 we will have to wait

dear blue_v lets keep this thread discussion only about consoles
Someone started abt pc versus gaming consoles, thats why.

Visited a Sony showrm, PS2 looks like a crappy build. Then I looked the the PS3, thats a gem.

Costs Rs30,000 for the 60GB. But no free games :( . No free HDMI cable :( . That sucks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks