Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2023, 21:27   #1651
BHPian

Re: XBox, Playstation and other gaming consoles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiragM View Post
Hello all,

Need some recommendations. I am planning to get a console, steering wheel, pedals for racing games. My game requirements are:
1. On-track racing
2. Max number of cars availability
3. Just drive around randomlly in random cars in the game.

Please suggest games for that. The ones I have in mind are Gran Turismo, Forza, Asseto Corsa. Also looking at WRC and F1.

Depending on my gaming requirements, please suggest which one to go for keeping in mind price and availability:
1. PS5
2. PS5 Digital Edition
3. Xbox Series X
4. Xbox Series S
If you are looking to get a wheel and pedals, PS5 would be your best bet. There are several options available on the playstation side. Racing wheels for Xbox are very limited in India. I would recommend the PS5 disk edition to you.

In terms of sheer number of cars, Forza is the clear winner, but it is only available on Xbox and PC. But games like Gran Turismo and Assetto Corsa still offer a decent selection and the driving experience is more life like compared to Forza.
rahulcmoulee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2023, 21:31   #1652
BHPian

If you intend to play mostly car/racing games then Xbox is your best option. PS5 is more suitable for playing the first party exclusives.
cryptarchy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2023, 03:21   #1653
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiragM View Post
Also read that the Series S specs are lesser than the Series X. Looking forward to your feedback.
Series S user here. Yes, it a lower spec unit than a Series X.

I recommend the Series X for one main reason. You get 2x the storage of the Series S. This is hugely important for modern games as each game title can chew through ~>100gb! There are alternatives to swapping installed games to an external disk, to make more room for the internal storage. Trust me, this is a headache.

While the Series S will do 90% of what the X can, you will blow through the internal storage before you know it. The cost for expanding storage (Proprietary high speed storage) on the Series S brings you quite close to the cost of a Series X that you'd rather get the extra storage and 3x the gpu horsepower compared to the Series S. Besides; if gaming at >1440p is you're thing and at higher fps, you are better off with a Series X. However; you'll need a really good (and expensive) TV for higher fps gaming.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 26th January 2023 at 03:28.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2023, 00:18   #1654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7000plusrpm View Post
Just an update, I have pulled the trigger on this. Bought Xbox Live Gold and converted it to Ultimate for 3 years. Total damage to my wallet is INR 1237.82*6 + 820 = 8247.

It still works!

Thanks!
Hey guys, does this trick still work? If I buy the 6months gold gift (6 packs) and then convert this to ultimate?
Old 12th February 2023, 14:48   #1655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxskllr View Post
Hey guys, does this trick still work? If I buy the 6months gold gift (6 packs) and then convert this to ultimate?
Update: The trick still works. Got Game pass ultimate for ~126/month. Happy Gaming all!
Old 9th March 2023, 11:13   #1656
BHPian

The trick worked for me too. Got gamepass ultimate for around 5,800 Rs for 3 years last month.
jalanrishikesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2023, 10:03   #1657

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Is PS4 good to go mainly for Minecraft and Roblox?
i don't think Roblox is there for the PS4. If you want both, buy the Xbox.
Old 22nd March 2023, 12:40   #1658
BHPian

Where are all the Xbox players who play during normal adult hours
Old 23rd March 2023, 22:15   #1659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptarchy View Post
Where are all the Xbox players who play during normal adult hours
☝️

Anyone preorder Resident Evil 4?

Downloaded and ready to go on my Xbox Series X - just waiting for 00:00 GMT!
Old 30th April 2023, 01:35   #1660
BHPian

Hello fellow Gamers!
I own a Sony PS3, which has been lying in the loft for about 8 years now. I want to revive my gaming itch once again.
I would request for your opinion on the following:
1. Where can I find Dual shock 3 controllers in today's age? My old PS3 controllers failed to switch on or even charge after 8 years of hibernation.
2. I would love to introduce my 8yo daughter to the world of gaming. Would buying a Nintendo Switch be a wise decision?

If I decide to get a Switch, how much do the games cost? I believe Switch is a more family friendly console that PS.

Your inputs are highly appreciated.
Old 1st May 2023, 14:08   #1661
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karaboudjan View Post
2. I would love to introduce my 8yo daughter to the world of gaming. Would buying a Nintendo Switch be a wise decision?

If I decide to get a Switch, how much do the games cost? I believe Switch is a more family friendly console that PS.

I've recently got my hands on a switch. You have to note the following:

1. Get the OLED model. If you will spend a lot of time in handheld mode
2. There's no warranty and that is an issue because the left joycon has drift.
3. Games are expensive 40-60USD typically and rarely on sale. However, i suggest getting physical copies, as you can sell them off later

Coming to the experience, the games are entertaining and super intuitive. My wife who is not a gamer also enjoys playing in co-op mode. Even the elderly in your house can join in once in a while

Games I'd recommend:
1. Luigi's mansion 3
2. Super Mario kart 8

I also have an xbox series S. But i haven't played more than 4 hours a month.

Overall, the switch is a good console, and the first party games are excellent. Keep a budget of 50K for games+console.

You will be able to create some very good memories with your daughter!
lxskllr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2023, 19:26   #1662
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karaboudjan View Post

The switch can be a wonderful way to introduce your daughter to the world of gaming and there are a lot of kid friendly games on switch that she will enjoy in her growing phase for next 5-6 years.
However, points to consider is that Nintendo never launched switch in India (those being sold are imports) and so there's no warranty and as it was not launched here, there is no regional pricing ( that is pricing adjusted for buying power like many other apps do) and so games are expensive!
Another thing is that the switch is reaaaaaallly dated at this point and with the handheld market gaining some traction with the Steam Deck and upcoming Asus ROG ally, there are speculations there may be a new switch coming but then these are just speculations, Nintendo is a lazy ass company and there is a big library already present to play for many years.

Another thing you can consider is waiting for the ROG Ally, which should be launched in India (unlike the steam deck which wasn't) - global launch i guess is on 12th May (not sure). It will be expensive upfront but you can buy lots of games from Steam for cheap and in long run, will easily be able to make up the price difference. It will be relevant for much longer.
But, in this you will have to research which games will be adequate for her (YouTube videos should help) + you can also play latest games on it if you like!
Candy$Cars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2023, 18:31   #1663
Senior - BHPian

Hi All

Need some help. My 11 year old son has an XBOX One and he has been using it with the monthly Game Pass subscription for nearly an year now.
Just this summer vacation, he started playing fortnite and he wants to purchase something in the game ( V Bucks, i’m told ). Now, my monthly subscription has been happening thru my Visa card and I’m being billed in INR. But when i try to buy this so called V-Bucks, its showing in USD. If i go ahead with the transaction, it shows only US states and the country by default is USA. I tried to change all location settings to India, but yet this billing seems to happen only in USD and if i do select some random state and zip code then it does not go ahead since the credit card is registered in India.

In the interim period I managed to load a small amount in INR to my son’s account thru Microsoft Family, but this transaction in fornite does not take that into account.

Any suggestions please? Thanks in advance!
Old 8th May 2023, 10:20   #1664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequod View Post
☝️

Anyone preorder Resident Evil 4?

Downloaded and ready to go on my Xbox Series X - just waiting for 00:00 GMT!
Hi, you can add me as friend StealthNut36436. Sometimes I play multiplayer too
Old 10th May 2023, 17:45   #1665
Senior - BHPian

Hi Folks

Seeking some opinion again. Need suggestions for a bluetooth wireless headphone with mic for the purpose of playing games on the Xbox One X. Its for my 11 year old son. Not looking for anything too expensive since his usage will reduce once the holidays get over.

I already have an unused sony XB400 wireless earphone, but i was told this cannot be connected to the xbox, is that correct?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks