Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2023, 21:27   #1681
Senior - BHPian

Re: XBox, Playstation and other gaming consoles

Sorry for my repeated questions. Like I mentioned earlier, my 10 year old son has been using XBOX series ONE X for about 2 years now. He is not a very active gamer on his school days, more so on the weekends, so not more than 3-4 hours weekly usage. Off late his friends have been playing fortnite and he is missing the wireless headset. I checked on Amazon and various other sites and realised this is a rather expensive one, with the cheapest being around 10k ( the official Microsoft xbox one), i didn’t see it available about 2 months ago and now his school has started so he isnt very fussy about it. However his birthday is coming up and i see that its back on stock in amazon.in, so should i go ahead and buy it? Is the official xbox wireless headset usable on all xbox consoles? Anything i need to be aware of before buying this? I didn’t really see other websites offering lower than whats on amazon ( its around 9.5k on amazon), so sort of inclined to buy it on amazon.
Old 5th July 2023, 09:20   #1682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Sorry for my repeated questions. Like I mentioned earlier, my 10 year old son has been using XBOX series ONE X for about 2 years now. He is not a very active gamer on his school days, more so on the weekends, so not more than 3-4 hours weekly usage. Off late his friends have been playing fortnite and he is missing the wireless headset. I checked on Amazon and various other sites and realised this is a rather expensive one, with the cheapest being around 10k ( the official Microsoft xbox one), i didn’t see it available about 2 months ago and now his school has started so he isnt very fussy about it. However his birthday is coming up and i see that its back on stock in amazon.in, so should i go ahead and buy it? Is the official xbox wireless headset usable on all xbox consoles? Anything i need to be aware of before buying this? I didn’t really see other websites offering lower than whats on amazon ( its around 9.5k on amazon), so sort of inclined to buy it on amazon.
Altough I'm not an Xbox gamer, but Prime day sale is coming up 15th/16th July?, might want to wait till then. If you're comfortable I can hook you up with few of my friends who deal in gaming stuff, can check with them if they are selling this accessory & at what price.
montsa007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2023, 09:59   #1683
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Any specific reason he wants a wireless headset itself and not just use a wired headphone connected to the controller. That gives him the liberty to walk around anywhere. If it is just casual gaming once a week, probably makes less sense to invest so much money on a wireless headset, until he also wants the Surround sound or some other feature that is available exclusively with wireless headset.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2023, 12:32   #1684
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsa007 View Post
Altough I'm not an Xbox gamer, but Prime day sale is coming up 15th/16th July?, might want to wait till then. If you're comfortable I can hook you up with few of my friends who deal in gaming stuff, can check with them if they are selling this accessory & at what price.
Thanks, will wait till a week for the prime day sale, hopefully some discounts will be available on official Microsoft wireless headset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Any specific reason he wants a wireless headset itself and not just use a wired headphone connected to the controller. That gives him the liberty to walk around anywhere. If it is just casual gaming once a week, probably makes less sense to invest so much money on a wireless headset, until he also wants the Surround sound or some other feature that is available exclusively with wireless headset.

Actually, no specific reason for the wireless, i just thought it would be a bit more convenient and once we get the wireless, hopefully there is no reason to upgrade for the next 2-3 years.
Old 7th July 2023, 14:16   #1685
BHPian

After a hiatus of around 3 years, I wanted to return to proper gaming and streaming. Personal commitments took me on a different tangent altogether due to which I had to put a pause on my gaming/streaming hobby. I am a PC guy and I have always been the dude to arrive at FIFA parties with a keyboard where everyone else had a controller in their hands.

The desired gaming and streaming rig was running into a couple of digits and while that was a part of the bigger picture, the itch within to resume some form of gaming (at least!) grew stronger day by day. I had to balance budget and desire - a lethal combination!

Ultimately, three days back, I succumbed.

Picked up this XBox Series S from Gamenation (no promo) after a close friend strongly recommended them. Got a sweet deal and that was it. 48 hours later, the shipment was at my door (last evening) courtesy BlueDart. Gamenation was transparent in their process and was sure to give me timely updates via email. Not once did I need to contact them. The package arrived in top condition and I'm impressed at the way they packed and shipped it within an hour of placing my order.

XBox, Playstation and other gaming consoles-whatsapp-image-20230707-2.04.20-pm.jpeg

The console was immaculate, as expected. Signing in was a breeze. Until came the time to buy the Game Pass Ultimate. Now, XBox in all its wisdom, doesn't allow UPI or Rupay card payments on its portal. Fortunately, Amazon offers purchase of Game Pass Ultimate. Ordered it and within 20 minutes I had the redemption code in my inbox.

So far, I have played a few rounds of Warzone (on keyboard) with my friends and a round of PUBG (on controller) solo. The graphics, frame rate and ease of playing is spectacular for a machine of this size. Hard to find any con, for now, except that the option to increase headset volume is hidden deep within the woods of the UI. Further, the controller must be kept active when a wired headset is connected to prevent auto-sleep, which is a bummer if you're gaming via keyboard/mouse.

Initial thoughts can be summed up in a single sentence - I wish I'd purchased this absolute beauty earlier.

XBox, Playstation and other gaming consoles-whatsapp-image-20230706-6.10.07-pm.jpeg

Last edited by barcalad : 7th July 2023 at 14:34.
barcalad is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th August 2023, 07:46   #1686
BHPian

Hello Gamers,

Finally found a PS3 DualShock controller on Amazon. Bought it for INR1420/-.
After holding it physically, felt like a Class A copy. Started playing Uncharted-I. The controller worked fine, until chapter 4 when, our dear Mr. Nathan found the hand grenades and the six axis of the controller had to be used to throw them. The SixAxis of the controller doesn't work.

Disappointed with my purchase. In a last ditch effort, decided to open up the controller, and swap the battery with my original dead controller. Even with the swapped battery the old controller did not work.

Will try now to go to Crawford Market, Mumbai to get my hands on another controller.
Old 11th August 2023, 21:13   #1687
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karaboudjan View Post
The SixAxis of the controller doesn't work.
Please check if the seller is of repute. If it isn't, do post a detailed review on Amazon. Alternatively, have you raised it with Amazon or their escalation team?

Sellers on Amazon, especially when it comes to gaming, are much like Tata/Mahindra's after sales service. A hit or a miss. Personally, I didn't get my rig from Amazon only because the seller seemed shady and the reviews pointed towards the same.

Please don't let this affect your gaming momentum. The trigger must be kept pulled.
barcalad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2023, 12:28   #1688
BHPian

Anyone played Cricket '22 on PS4. Is there a 2 player option available (offline)? I couldn't find. Please advise.
Old 6th September 2023, 13:14   #1689
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Anyone played Cricket '22 on PS4. Is there a 2 player option available (offline)? I couldn't find. Please advise.
It supports 1-4 players, so can play offline. Sadly I do not play cricket so cannot advise how to navigate through the menus.

Try connecting both controllers, secondary as a guest and open the game & see if there's something different?
montsa007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2023, 04:18   #1690
BHPian

Is anyone else bothered by the lack of games that utilise the full extent of new consoles power? 3 years in and we’re still getting ps4 games.
Old 13th September 2023, 11:36   #1691
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilck View Post
Is anyone else bothered by the lack of games that utilise the full extent of new consoles power? 3 years in and we’re still getting ps4 games.
Try playing PS4 games on PS5, easy on the pocket & extensive library available to choose from .
There are loads of good ones to choose from.
Old 13th September 2023, 14:03   #1692
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
And to top it Sony is launching PS5 Pro shortly.
Old 13th September 2023, 15:04   #1693

Quote:
This is still relatively early in the lifecycle, we are mostly getting remastered games only. I expect Spiderman 2 to fully utilise the console’s power.
Old 13th September 2023, 15:30   #1694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
And to top it Sony is launching PS5 Pro shortly.
Rumor, until Sony officially announces something need not worry about it.
Old 13th September 2023, 15:45   #1695
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsa007 View Post
Rumor, until Sony officially announces something need not worry about it.
What is there to be worried about?

It will anyway be launched if not this year, then by next year that is the launch cycle anyway.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks