Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2023, 23:28   #1696
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: XBox, Playstation and other gaming consoles

Hey Gamers,

Need an input. I'm a very casual gamer and used to own the Sony PS4 in the past and had several titles and really enjoyed the experience.

I'm contemplating buying the Xbox X Console as I may have access to "free" MSFT game-pass.

Queries :

1. How does Xbox X compare to a PS5?
2. If I buy a bundle, which game should I choose? I see deals for bundled Xbox X for $499. Should I choose- Forza, GTA or something else to get a full experience of the power of X?

TIA
Mobike008
Old 13th December 2023, 01:03   #1697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I'm contemplating buying the Xbox X Console as I may have access to "free" MSFT game-pass.

Queries :

2. If I buy a bundle, which game should I choose?
I bought myself a PS5 last year after lusting after it for a long time during the crazy shortage. I can count on my fingertips the games i really enjoyed - Ghost of Tsushima, Last of Us, Uncharted. The rest were fine, but i would guess the experience would be the same over on Xbox. I have to say though, the gaming experience with PS5 for Sony Exclusives is amazing.

So in terms of choice, it all boils down to platform exclusives.
Is there some game you have your heart set on?
If not, I would suggest go for the cost effective one - Xbox. With the way PSN and GamePass prices are going, you will save a pretty penny with the XBox.

Forza bundle looks like a good deal.
stewie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2023, 08:53   #1698
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
So in terms of choice, it all boils down to platform exclusives.
Is there some game you have your heart set on?
If not, I would suggest go for the cost effective one - Xbox. With the way PSN and GamePass prices are going, you will save a pretty penny with the XBox.

Forza bundle looks like a good deal.
Thanks, I loved PS4 but, after a couple of years it conked off and it was non-repairable to junked it.

I loved playing GTA4, Ratchet & Clank, Assasins Creed and a few other games that I don't remember now (as this was nearly a decade back).

Thanks, will buy the Xbox X Console.
Old 13th December 2023, 09:50   #1699
Distinguished - BHPian

With PS+ Extra also bundling a lot of free games, that is also enticing. THe quality of games in genetal are better in PS5 and Xbox has been really struggling with the exclusives. Since you have access to Gamepass it is probably good to have Xbox but then PS+ Extra is also around 6699 and will go on discount on XMas so I would Ideally in today date prefer to pick PS5.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2023, 10:54   #1700
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Gamers,

Need an input. I'm a very casual gamer and used to own the Sony PS4 in the past and had several titles and really enjoyed the experience.

Queries :

2. If I buy a bundle, which game should I choose? I see deals for bundled Xbox X for $499. Should I choose- Forza, GTA or something else to get a full experience of the power of X?

TIA
Mobike008
I have a PS4, and am a part of Xbox owners India group (Though I dont have one). The gripes Xbox India owners have are as follows,
1 - Low resale value if you plan to sell your unit
2 - Most of their friends are on PS, if the came is cross platform supporting then its fine, else playing multiplayer with your friends can be pain
3 - PS has more flexibility/support from local places in India
4 - I have personally observed that the Xbox owners group is a lot quieter compared to PS owners, the last time it was hyperactive was when Starfield was launched, the hype died within a few days, and now nobody even talks about it.

If you plan to keep your console for long & are aware of the available games on Xbox platform by all means go for it, as it will all boil down to what sort of games/exclusives you like to play.

If you are still in a dilemma, rent out an Xbox/PS5 or both for a week and see what appeals to you. There are plenty of sites that offer these consoles for rent for 300-500 per day & include a game or two with it.

Last edited by montsa007 : 13th December 2023 at 10:56.
montsa007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2023, 10:55   #1701
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Gamers,

Queries :

TIA
Mobike008
Hi, I was a PC gamer and this year I bought Xbox Series X in January and was having the same dilemma. Though when I wanted to purchase PS5, it was never in stock so went ahea with Xbox Series x because of Game pass trick.

There are lots of Indian videos which will help you buy Game pass for 3 years for almost 1/3rd the price with a trick. Its not really a trick as Microsoft must be knowing about it since last few years. Do research if its still available.

Regarding the consoles, since my brother has a PS5 at his home, I have experience on all 3 PC, PS 5 and Xbox Series x. All have their Pro's and con's and depends on the kind of games you want to play.

PC

1. Good for strategy games, builder and simulation games, shooting games where lot of on screen UI's are involved and precision shooting is involved.
Even after buying Series X, I was buying strategy and shooting games for PC
as its easier to play and cheaper.

2. The PC games are almost 1/4 th price of Console games especially during discounts on Epic games or Steam. The add on's are also cheaper.

3. There is no need for any membership to play multiplayer games as required on Consoles.

4. The inital investment is high especially for graphics card and you don't get the same optimisation and frame rates as consoles. Consoles are discounted as they make money on services.

5. Expansion is easier especially of storage. The same storage for XBOX is quite costlier.

6. Easy to service and repair and replace parts.

PC gaming is only for those willing to spend time and effort into it. Its not as easy as consoles just turn on and play.

Xbox Series X

1. My brother found the design to be much better than his PS5. Its completely silent and occupies little space. I bought it for about 54000 and an aditional controller for about 5,200.

2. The HDR and 4k graphics are amazing and difficult to get on a budget PC. I like to play Microsoft Flight Simulator which you can easily play for months or years and has amazing graphics and simulation. Forza 5 was also amazing. Recently playing starfield which is a long single player campaign.

3. All these are free on Game Pass which I got for 3 years for the price of 1 year. The offers keep changing. PC games are also included in it.

4. The controller is good even though it does not have those micro feedbacks of PS5 and no mic or track pad. Most of the games dont need it. You will not notice it after a few months. The feed back on games which do use it like Forza 5 is good. You don't need a continuously vibrating controller.

5. The xeries x just overheated this month after 11 months of no issue in Flight simulator on a particular trip. On other trips it was fine. The issue seems to have resolved on its own. Its a very demanding game and sometimes the frame rates drop but not enough to be any problem.

6. There is no service center in India, they arrange pick up by Blue dart and send to US for any claim. Replacement with another Xbox is provided within warranty period and shipped from US.

7. Upgarding storage is expensive but the performance is unmatched by even PS5. The quick resume feature is great lets you suspend the game in 1 sec and another game resumes in 2- 5 seconds. Sometimes quick resume may not work and the game needs to restart.

8. Keyboard and mouse also can be used to play supported games.

PS 5

1. Its good for its exclusives so check the games you want to play. I didn't play any HDR games so cannot comment. Haptic feedback is great in Counter strike. But i find shooting to be better with a mouse and keyboard so again haptic feedback is not necessary.

2. All games may not be optimised to use the haptic feedback as good as some popular ones.

3. Storage expansion is the same price as PC because you can upgrade it with PC NVME cards. The XBOX series X quality and speed card will cost the same for PC and PS 5 but may not utilize it completely as Xbox is based on proprietary architecture and games are optimised for it.

4. There is no trick for the PS5 so games subscription is available at published prices only. The PS5 and the controller is cheaper than XBOX.

5. They have service center in India so turnaround time can be lower. Service might be cheaper.

6. Its more popular in India so more players for multiplayer games.

Hardware wise both consoles are good. As another post mentions earlier, check the games you want to play as all other things would be secondary. My brother is now planning to sell his PS5 as he no longer has time to play. If you too are not sure then buying long term subscriptions or a lot of games will not be a good option.

There are so many games on Game pass and I have hardly played 4 or 5 in last 11 months.
jalanrishikesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2023, 22:02   #1702
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalanrishikesh View Post
1. My brother found the design to be much better than his PS5. Its completely silent and occupies little space. I bought it for about 54000 and an aditional controller for about 5,200.
Thank you very much for that detailed and awesome comparison between the 3 platforms.

I used to be a big PS fan but, realized Xbox is equally good besides the access to a free game pass.

Due to holiday season Xbox X console is available for a mouth watering price of $399 ( INR 35K) and I plan to pick this up over the weekend.

Price with an extra controller is $449.

Is the extra controller a worthy investment? I mostly play alone and it's rare the second controller will be used.

XBox, Playstation and other gaming consoles-img_2553.jpg

Last edited by mobike008 : 18th December 2023 at 22:15.
Old 18th December 2023, 22:20   #1703
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you very much for that detailed and awesome comparison between the 3 platforms.

I used to be a big PS fan but, realized Xbox is equally good besides the access to a free game pass.

Due to holiday season Xbox X console is available for a mouth watering price of $399 ( INR 35K) and I plan to pick this up over the weekend.

Price with an extra controller is $449.

Is the extra console a worthy investment? I always plan alone and it's rare the second controller will be used.

Attachment 2545651
You are welcome. I didnt realize you were in USA. I know, the Xbox is selling at a great price over there now. Its great if you can get it at that price.

Service also should not be an issue now. The controller is only about 10 to 15 $ below the regular price I guess. Here it was for Rs 5,200. If you are not planning to use it now then purchase when required. Controller has only 3 months warranty.
jalanrishikesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2023, 08:57   #1704
BHPian

Quote:
Is the extra controller a worthy investment? I mostly play alone and it's rare the second controller will be used.
Get the Xbox Rechargeable Battery + USB-C which would be more useful!
lxskllr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2023, 00:46   #1705
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
I bought myself a PS5 last year after lusting after it for a long time during the crazy shortage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
With PS+ Extra also bundling a lot of free games, that is also enticing. THe quality of games in genetal are better in PS5 and Xbox has been really struggling with the exclusives. Since you have access to Gamepass it is probably good to have Xbox but then PS+ Extra is also around 6699 and will go on discount on XMas so I would Ideally in today date prefer to pick PS5.
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsa007 View Post
If you are still in a dilemma, rent out an Xbox/PS5 or both for a week and see what appeals to you. There are plenty of sites that offer these consoles for rent for 300-500 per day & include a game or two with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalanrishikesh View Post
You are welcome. I didnt realize you were in USA. I know, the Xbox is selling at a great price over there now. Its great if you can get it at that price.

Service also should not be an issue now. The controller is only about 10 to 15 $ below the regular price I guess. Here it was for Rs 5,200. If you are not planning to use it now then purchase when required. Controller has only 3 months warranty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lxskllr View Post
Get the Xbox Rechargeable Battery + USB-C which would be more useful!
Thanks all for your inputs. Last weekend, I was in Portland (tax-free state)/

Portland trip details here :

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post5686288

Visited Costco, Best Buy, Target and GameStop as the Xbox X was flying off the shelf due to the amazing deal.

Costco had it for $439 with an extra controller.

Best Buy was out of stock.

Gamestop was out of stock.

Of all the places, I found this deal at Target (They confirmed and then said, its out of stock then someone else came and said there is one unit left- Lucky me)

I picked up this Xbox X Console for $349 (No taxes) which is a steal. Don't you think?

This comes with a 2-week free trial of "Game Pass" and post which there are deals now where I can get a game pass for $60/year (otherwise, they charge $16.99/month)- Just incase my free game pass access doesn't work.

XBox, Playstation and other gaming consoles-img_4577.jpg

XBox, Playstation and other gaming consoles-img_4578.jpg

XBox, Playstation and other gaming consoles-img_4580.jpg

Getting back to gaming after a long hiatus, Any suggestions on which are the top 3 or top 5 games I should start with?

My previous favorites were GTA 4, Assassin's Creed, Ratchet & Clank.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2024, 13:32   #1706
BHPian

Hi all gamers out there, I need your advice.

I want to buy a gaming console for my 11 year old daughter and also play along side her. Something portable and fun like sports. I have played road rash, nfs and age of empires on assembled pc during 2000. So pretty outdated and hence your suggestion would be helpful.

Requirement summary:
1. Something portable
2. Easy and family games like kart racing or some sports.
3. Budget can stretch upto 50k
4. Games rated below 12~14 should be available

Last edited by OpenRoads : 22nd February 2024 at 13:32. Reason: Spelling
Old 22nd February 2024, 13:53   #1707
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenRoads View Post
Hi all gamers out there, I need your advice.

I want to buy a gaming console for my 11 year old daughter and also play along side her. Something portable and fun like sports. I have played road rash, nfs and age of empires on assembled pc during 2000. So pretty outdated and hence your suggestion would be helpful.

Requirement summary:
1. Something portable
2. Easy and family games like kart racing or some sports.
3. Budget can stretch upto 50k
4. Games rated below 12~14 should be available
Well, I would have recommended the PS5 or Xbox series X but these are far from being portable. Ofcourse you can take them places, but the size can be a deterrant (specially Xbox series X).

You can consider the Xbox series S though, it is much compact and smaller than the regular consoles.

However, if you want to right balance between portability and a modern console, I would say go for PS5 digital edition and get a PS Plus Extra subscription. Its not as bulky as the disc PS5, and hase the same functionality sans the actual disc to play games via CD (You'll have to buy digital games only, and same for Xbox series S).

Both gaming platforms have lots of games for the kids like Roblox, Minecraft, Rocket leage etc etc.

P.S. I recently got myself a PS5 digital edition for 30.5 k, it was a sweet deal, but right now you can get it for around 42 k and the Xbox series S for around 30k.

Note: Xbox series S though is compact, does not have disc and more importantly does not support 4k gaming.
DCEite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2024, 14:36   #1708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
You can consider the Xbox series S though, it is much compact and smaller than the regular consoles.
Note: Xbox series S though is compact, does not have disc and more importantly does not support 4k gaming.
Thanks, Xbox series S does look compact. I will check it out.

What are your views about Nintendo Switch?
Old 22nd February 2024, 17:10   #1709
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Sorry no idea about Nintendo Switch. From what I know, its a handheld device and you might not get good (or any) after sales service support in India. Besides, I would avoid handheld device for kids because with Xbox/PS on Monitor/TV, its more easy to the eyes and also the fact with the handheld the kids are more prone to overuse (like in case of mobile phones).
DCEite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2024, 17:17   #1710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Sorry no idea about Nintendo Switch. From what I know, its a handheld device and you might not get good (or any) after sales service support in India. Besides, I would avoid handheld device for kids because with Xbox/PS on Monitor/TV, its more easy to the eyes and also the fact with the handheld the kids are more prone to overuse (like in case of mobile phones).
Switch is a 3 in 1 device (Except the lite which is 100% portable)

You can play as a handheld (Similar to playing on a psp)
You can dock it and play on your tv
You can take out the joy cons and use the handheld screen as a standalone tv (Good for multiplayer on the go)

Do note switch library is geared more towards fun element, kids will love it.

Only downside, each game will cost in 4 figures, they do hold their value in used games market, but thats something to consider. An alternative would be to get the cough cough version which eliminates the need to buy game cards.

Quote:

You will have to compulsory buy a gamepass subscription to use the series s and juggle between the installed games since space is limited.

Last edited by montsa007 : 22nd February 2024 at 17:19.
montsa007 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks