Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2022, 11:11   #1591
BHPian

Re: XBox, Playstation and other gaming consoles

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
Where do these drops happen?

If it is flipkart, I have seen them sell out in less than a minute. I guess the scalpers are out in force on such days.
There are some scalpers but the big issue is that stocks are low. Traditionally India has been a country with a really low demand for consoles (with respect to its population) and this time we have production constraints etc in place, so Microsoft and Sony chose not to bring their consoles here in good numbers.

I was able to snag both consoles last year and it was a hassle. When I got Series X, the demand for that console was pretty low (peak second wave) so I got lucky. With PS5, I lucked out at Reliance Digital and got one online. Fully expected them to cancel my order, but luckily it did not happen.

Anyway, if anyone else wants to buy these consoles, I recommend following Twitter accounts and enabling notifications from these accounts on your phones. The moment there's a restock, these bots start tweeting and you can go to the respective websites and checkout.

These bots are pretty useful:
  1. https://twitter.com/Consoles_India
  2. https://twitter.com/ps5_india

For Xbox related news and information, you can follow this account: https://twitter.com/xboxindialives

You can also get more information about the games market in general from this free newsletter https://0451games.substack.com (you can read it without sharing email address too).

It's run by a guy with really good contacts in the retail and distribution chains for video games and consoles in India. His information is 100% legitimate and trustworthy.
Crow is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th January 2022, 14:49   #1592

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
Where do these drops happen?

If it is flipkart, I have seen them sell out in less than a minute. I guess the scalpers are out in force on such days.
The sale usually runs on all retailers at the same time, 12:00. I got mine from Amazon last year. The mobile app is pretty reliable and fast. Amazon.in and shopatsc.com are my preference in that order though. Flipkart has history of cancelling the orders after confirmation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
These bots in twitter are the best. Just need to switch on the notification for this account and the tweets are with direct links to the shopping page. You can even join their discord server for updates. https://discord.gg/icg
Old 18th January 2022, 17:34   #1593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinkbhaskar View Post
Oops. Sorry to mention that.
It has to be Ps5. The next drop is tomorrow. Let's see how it pans out.
So a quick update - Got the console + hd cam bundle after multiple tries

However, I have no use of cam. Is it possible to just cancel the cam and retain the PS or I risk cancelling the whole order ?
nitinkbhaskar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 19:20   #1594
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations, i tried today at ShopatSC, got the PS5 added to the cart but got stuck on the billing part, it said you are in queue, try after sometime. Will need to wait for the next restock order.

Ohh that is a good idea add a second item so the bill amount is more , will try next time.
Old 18th January 2022, 20:11   #1595
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

However, I have no use of cam. Is it possible to just cancel the cam and retain the PS or I risk cancelling the whole order ?
It will cancel the entire order, it is just the way for amazon to make some more money, it's crazy. Also you should consider yourself lucky you were able to snag one, many I know were not able to get the bundle too.

Looking back I guess i got extremely lucky to snag one in the first sale itself!! Sometimes thought crosses my mind to sell it off as I have hardly played on it from last year or so.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 20:33   #1596
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
Congratulations, i tried today at ShopatSC, got the PS5 added to the cart but got stuck on the billing part, it said you are in queue, try after sometime. Will need to wait for the next restock order.

Ohh that is a good idea add a second item so the bill amount is more , will try next time.
You don't need to add another item explicitly. You just have to buy the default bundle (if luck & power of internet favors you).

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
It will cancel the entire order, it is just the way for amazon to make some more money, it's crazy. Also you should consider yourself lucky you were able to snag one, many I know were not able to get the bundle too.

Looking back I guess i got extremely lucky to snag one in the first sale itself!! Sometimes thought crosses my mind to sell it off as I have hardly played on it from last year or so.
Yeah. I guess I was lucky !!
Sad man that you were not able to play a lot (guess the Ducati is keeping you ultra busy ).
Anyways, there are people out there who will pay a plenty for PS5 (even used). Though, I would urge you to hold on and pick up that controller soon.
nitinkbhaskar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 20:41   #1597
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Sad man that you were not able to play a lot (guess the Ducati is keeping you ultra busy ).
Anyways, there are people out there who will pay a plenty for PS5 (even used). Though, I would urge you to hold on and pick up that controller soon.
It's not about Ducati, it's just what ever time I get now, I rather spend on Xbox, game pass is amazing, and the only two games I am actually looking forward to are God of war Ragnarok and Spiderman 2. That are still sometime away, PS5 is acting more like a collector item right now
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 09:57   #1598
BHPian

Recently got an Xbox after using PS4 for long time. I have to tell you, I am playing a lot more on Xbox compared to how much I used to play on PS4. The collection of games on game pass is huge and most of them are high quality games.
Old 25th January 2022, 10:10   #1599
Distinguished - BHPian

What is the correct price of a ps4 controller. I see it ranging from 5k to 10k, but I don't know the difference , if there are any.
I'm just looking for a second controller to add on, not a gamer by any extent.
Old 25th January 2022, 10:39   #1600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
What is the correct price of a ps4 controller. I see it ranging from 5k to 10k, but I don't know the difference , if there are any.
I bought refurbished one from webuy.com (CeX) at half the price (2k) years ago and it is working fine. It also has outlets in Pune and Bangalore which I know of. You can physically check and buy one.
Piyush_DT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 00:33   #1601
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
I got a second controller (mainly since i loved the camo edition) for PS4 from Amazon few months back at approximately 4.5k after discounts. I still keep getting reminders about PS4 controller coming in stock around 4.5-5k mark so no reason you should pay anything above 5k. Do set an Amazon alert and buy only from Cloudtail or Appario as seller which reduces the risk of counterfeit, as believed by a lot of electronics shoppers.

Oh a second thought, unless you have someone to play two player games regularly, i don’t think it’s worth getting an extra controller. If it’s meant to be a spare for occasional use, pick up a good condition used controller between 2-3k
camitesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 11:55   #1602
BHPian

Re-posting from the simulation thread

--------------------------------

Is the semi conductor shortage hitting the console availability too ? Not able to find a ps4 console in flipkart of Amazon since 4-5 months.

Will try visiting the brick and mortar stores this weekend to check.

Is PS4 console still a good purchase considering PS5 is realized ? I can't extend my budget to ps5 which anyway is rare.

My worry is if I go for the PS4 how long can I keep it. My games are primarily the racing simulation ones and Call of duty.

Please advise as I will need to purchase soon.
Old 15th February 2022, 08:45   #1603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post

Is PS4 console still a good purchase considering PS5 is realized ? I can't extend my budget to ps5 which anyway is rare.

My worry is if I go for the PS4 how long can I keep it. My games are primarily the racing simulation ones and Call of duty.

PS4 is still a very good buy IMO. You can use it for the next 3-4 years without worrying about availability of games. Also, I highly suggest considering a pre-owned PS4, if you aren't considering it already.

I'm able to see PS4 available in Amazon and FK in Chennai. Do check out Webuy/CEX if it's available at your place for I'm sure they'll be having pre-owned PS4, and I've only had good experience selling/buying from them.

Cheers!
GandalfTheGrey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2022, 14:22   #1604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
Anyway, if anyone else wants to buy these consoles, I recommend following Twitter accounts and enabling notifications from these accounts on your phones. The moment there's a restock, these bots start tweeting and you can go to the respective websites and checkout.

These bots are pretty useful:
  1. https://twitter.com/Consoles_India
  2. https://twitter.com/ps5_india
Thanks for your tip to follow these accounts.

After countless attempts at Amazon and Filpkart, I was able to order the Xbox X from Reliance Digital this morning.

I just hope they don't cancel my order now!
Old 17th February 2022, 15:57   #1605
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post

Is the semi conductor shortage hitting the console availability too ? Not able to find a ps4 console in flipkart of Amazon since 4-5 months.

Will try visiting the brick and mortar stores this weekend to check.

I got the PS4 Pro in October and it is more than enough to satisfy my gaming needs. A PS4 itself would have been enough but wanted a pro for the future 4K upgrade. There are enough games to keep you busy!
arvind71181 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks