Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2020, 16:00   #1516
BHPian

Re: XBox, Playstation and other gaming consoles

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
Is second controller useful? Which games have dual gameplay? Is it split screen experience?
I am not certain, but I do not think there are too many split screen titles on the PS4. The Wipeout collection and GT Sport in racing and Borderlands in the first person shooter genre are the only ones I recollect off the top of my head. These are really great games too. Not a fan of FIFA and such, so can’t say for sports games.

Truth be told, days of split screen co-op are over mostly, with everyone and sundry going online for their multiplayer fix.
Pequod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2020, 01:01   #1517
BHPian

Re: PC & Console games - Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joxster View Post
I'm not a console gamer, but knowing what a massive leap ahead the PS 5 is above the PS 4/Pro, I wouldn't touch the old ones with a barge-pole. The performance difference is staggering to say the least.

But, maybe that's just me
Quoting myself. Enjoy!

Cheers
Old 9th November 2020, 11:53   #1518
BHPian

Got an early delivery of this today courtesy Flipkart. Never expected to receive it before launch day.
Initial Impressions:

Series S is so unbelievably tiny. Easily fits into a backpack.
SSD is a game changer. Able to start playing games on it while my Xbox One would still be booting up.
Games which ran at 30fps on Xbox One now run at 60fps.
New controller has textured back for more grip. Triggers are slightly narrower and would take some time to get used to. D Pad is now much better.
Quick Resume keeps games in memory while you switch to other games. Can jump back in right where you left off.
Attached Thumbnails
XBox, Playstation and other gaming consoles-img_20201109_101450.jpg  

rahulcmoulee is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th November 2020, 12:47   #1519
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice, that is very quick. You might well be the first one in India to have it, let's see who gets lucky with the series X. I am holding back for sometime, and let One X do the duty for now.
Old 9th November 2020, 15:46   #1520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulcmoulee View Post
Got an early delivery of this today courtesy Flipkart. Never expected to receive it before launch day.
Initial Impressions:

Quick Resume keeps games in memory while you switch to other games. Can jump back in right where you left off.
Wow, never expected FK to start shipping early. It is disappointing that there is no news about SX or even PS5.

What games have you tried so far?
Old 9th November 2020, 16:24   #1521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollinWheels View Post
It is disappointing that there is no news about SX or even PS5.
There is news about the PS5 in India, and it's not good news.

Quote:
The release of the PlayStation 5 in India is being delayed due to a trademark dispute. Sony was unable to trademark the console in the country as someone else had already registered it with the relevant authorities. The debacle means that Sony cannot release the next-gen system in the Indian market until the matter is resolved.

The same person who registered the PlayStation 5 trademark in India before Sony, delaying the release of the console in the country, also runs a counterfeit PlayStation 4 accessory store.
Source

Cheers
Old 9th November 2020, 16:29   #1522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joxster View Post
There is news about the PS5 in India, and it's not good news.

Source

Cheers
So, we have to suffer because of one guy who runs a counterfeit store.

Also what is there to resolve. if its obvious that there is a counterfeit store then he needs to be shutdown.
Old 9th November 2020, 16:54   #1523
BHPian

The trademark dispute has already been resolved in the favour of sony. However, i’m unaware of the counterfeit store being run by the same person.

Expect the ps5 to arrive by mid/end december.
pranavmichael is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2020, 17:36   #1524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavmichael View Post
The trademark dispute has already been resolved in the favour of sony.
I did not realize it had been resolved in the meantime. Thanks for the correction

Quote:
It seems like Sony has managed to resolve the PS5 trademark issue in India. According to a report by Detective Gaming, the issue has been resolved as Aswani has apparently withdrawn his application for the PS5 trademark. The application was withdrawn on October 26 after Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc opposed it.
XBox, Playstation and other gaming consoles-court-order.jpg

Source

Cheers
Joxster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2020, 19:39   #1525
BHPian

Microsoft has definitely been far far more efficient in their India operations than Sony. Sony has dropped the ball with the PS5. While Xboxs are being delivered, we don't even have a release date or preorder date for PS5. Even when they do launch it is going to be in extremely limited quantity.
rahulcmoulee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2020, 22:18   #1526

Quote:
Initial Impressions:

Series S is so unbelievably tiny. Easily fits into a backpack.
SSD is a game changer. Able to start playing games on it while my Xbox One would still be booting up.
Games which ran at 30fps on Xbox One now run at 60fps.
New controller has textured back for more grip. Triggers are slightly narrower and would take some time to get used to. D Pad is now much better.
Congrats

What is the hit on the pocket to buy online games or to take the monthly subscription.

I need to buy a console for my 12 year old son as bday gift which is on 28th this month. Since xbox series S is out of stock planning to buy Xbox one S. Have xbox 360 with kinect at the moment. Son is more of Minecraft and Forza kind of games player.

Not able to decide if I should wait for Series S to be available or go ahead with one S.Also confused whether digital (series s) is better or console with CD drive (one S)
Old 11th November 2020, 08:53   #1527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragsk747 View Post
Congrats

What is the hit on the pocket to buy online games or to take the monthly subscription.

I need to buy a console for my 12 year old son as bday gift which is on 28th this month. Since xbox series S is out of stock planning to buy Xbox one S. Have xbox 360 with kinect at the moment. Son is more of Minecraft and Forza kind of games player.

Not able to decide if I should wait for Series S to be available or go ahead with one S.Also confused whether digital (series s) is better or console with CD drive (one S)

Series S is a far superior console to the One S. It is much more powerful and faster. MRP is 35k, but with card discounts it can be brought down to somewhere around 30. It is still in stock on amazon. Rather than spending 29k for a One S, the Series S will be a more future proof console. In the few hours I have played, every game runs smoother on the Series S.

Honestly, if you have decent bandwidth, digital only is perfectly fine. I haven't bought a game disc since Xbox 360 days. You get lot of sales and offers on the MS store throughout the year.

As for the subscription, Game Pass Ultimate which includes Game Pass, Xbox Live Gold and Xcloud works out to Rs. 700/month. If you want to try out a large no.of games, it is extremely vfm. But if you only play a few games, you are better of buying the games.

Only caveat with the series s is that the available storage space is only 364GB. So take that into consideration before purchasing. You can use a USB 3.0 hard drive to store games and even play xbox one and xbox 360 titles off it.

https://www.amazon.in/X-BOX-Xbox-Ser...5064639&sr=8-2

Last edited by rahulcmoulee : 11th November 2020 at 08:56.
rahulcmoulee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2020, 11:03   #1528

Quote:
Series S is a far superior console to the One S.
=============
https://www.amazon.in/X-BOX-Xbox-Ser...5064639&sr=8-2
Thanks buddy. That was helpful. Will check out Series S.
Old 12th November 2020, 20:23   #1529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragsk747 View Post
Congrats
I need to buy a console for my 12 year old son as bday gift which is on 28th this month.
Very interesting Ragsk, my son shares the same birthday and he too will turn 12.
I have been a Sony FanBoy but stopped at PS3.

Was planning on getting the XBox Series S for him aswell and for me

Not sure if i should wait for the PS5 digital and continue the Sony legacy.

Now going digital may have some impact to my way of buying games.
It is known fact new games are a pricey affair, so i used to get them later via CEX which was a good saving.

Now with Digital they would not be an option to go for preowned games.

To XBOX Games Pass users.

If I go for XBOX Game Pass, will I get full games for free or would they be on a discount for members?
Old 12th November 2020, 20:42   #1530
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
Very interesting Ragsk, my son shares the same birthday and he too will turn 12.
I have been a Sony FanBoy but stopped at PS3.

Was planning on getting the XBox Series S for him aswell and for me

Not sure if i should wait for the PS5 digital and continue the Sony legacy.

Now going digital may have some impact to my way of buying games.
It is known fact new games are a pricey affair, so i used to get them later via CEX which was a good saving.

Now with Digital they would not be an option to go for preowned games.

To XBOX Games Pass users.

If I go for XBOX Game Pass, will I get full games for free or would they be on a discount for members?
You can play games for free till you are a member. Some third party games keep getting added and deleted. Use the game pass ultimate 50 rupee trick to get Gamepass at Gold prices.
AtheK is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks