Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2020, 11:19   #1471
Senior - BHPian

re: XBox, Playstation and other gaming consoles

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
Is there any reliable website or shops i can look for in Bangalore or any bhpian is planning to sell (No one can be as trusty as bhpian)
CEX store in Mantri Mall, Malleswaram sells used as well as new consoles and games. (Sony PS, MS XBox, etc.).

I find their prices pretty reasonable but the best part is they are very customer friendly. I have been buying used PS4 games from them for almost a year now and had a minor issue only once where the disk was not reading (it eventually did and I completed the game) but they were ready to exchange it. They offer warranty on all products they sell and are very reliable. You can also sell your game cd's to them which you did not buy from them and they will issue you a store credit for your next purchase. So in a nutshell, you can buy games from them, finish it and they will take it back for a slightly lesser price and you can buy another game from their store or take a credit voucher.
n_aditya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th February 2020, 16:25   #1472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbowhistle View Post
Reviving this old thread, did you manage to switch to a 4K TV? I also have a 70" FHD LED and apart from the size the gaming experience has been very underwhelming. Been thinking about switching to 55" 4K TV if the difference is stark. Any pointers are welcome
Due it’s been a while , so after that I moved to mi150 4K laser projector (100 in fixed screen), with onkyo 7.1 thx atmos home theatre paired with PS4 pro and appletv

Last edited by Pankaj_Ahlawat : 26th February 2020 at 16:26.
Old 12th June 2020, 02:06   #1473
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: PC & Console games - Discussion Thread

PS5 games reveal.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2020, 05:13   #1474
Senior - BHPian

I could find this thread as relevant for PlayStation console related details. Hence posting the reveal of PS5 - looks unique and looks way too futuristic

gururajrv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2020, 15:41   #1475
BHPian

Not a fan of the design of the ps5. It's going to be a tricky one to clean the dust out of.
rahulcmoulee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2020, 15:53   #1476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulcmoulee View Post
Not a fan of the design of the ps5. It's going to be a tricky one to clean the dust out of.
Couldn't resist posting this.

XBox, Playstation and other gaming consoles-consoles.jpg

Cheers
Joxster is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th June 2020, 16:24   #1477
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulcmoulee View Post
Ya design is pretty quirky, feels like a cheap Chinese bling product. Also the router reference is apt.
Attached Thumbnails
XBox, Playstation and other gaming consoles-0eilbbwk4d451.jpg  

XBox, Playstation and other gaming consoles-images-4.jpeg  

AtheK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2020, 23:03   #1478
BHPian

Re: XBox, Playstation and other gaming consoles

Among the list of confirmed PS5 releases, these ones stood out for me:

Last edited by vb-saan : 15th June 2020 at 07:41. Reason: Picture removed; not relevant to the thread!
Samfromindia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2020, 23:11   #1479
Team-BHP Support

I'm super excited about Demon's Souls remake!

It isn't just a remaster with improved graphics but a remake. Having completed all the Souls titles including Bloodborne, this is definitely music to my ears!

Plus, as far as the console goes, I won't be picking up the launch version. Will wait for the prices to come down and wait for the slim variant.
Old 16th June 2020, 12:57   #1480
BHPian

The PS5 design will not age well I believe. Too funky, and dusting will be a challenge. Kind of prefer the Xbox Series X relatively minimalist look. Of the game reveals, most looking forward to the Horizon sequel. Aloy was such a fleshed out character, and can’t wait to see where she goes on her new adventure.

Anyone preordered TLOU Part II? Such a huge fan of the first one. It had the perfect ending (I am a sucker for open ended, ambiguous climaxes), I wonder how Naughty Dog could possibly top that.
Old 16th June 2020, 14:39   #1481
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequod View Post
The PS5 design will not age well I believe. Too funky, and dusting will be a challenge. Kind of prefer the Xbox Series X relatively minimalist look.

Anyone preordered TLOU Part II? Such a huge fan of the first one. It had the perfect ending (I am a sucker for open ended, ambiguous climaxes), I wonder how Naughty Dog could possibly top that.
I liked the PS5 design. Thankfully, they have dared to do something different. I hated the XSX design. It's so bland!

I have a good backlog of PS4 games plus my usual GTA5 online play out with less time to play. So, won't be buying the PS5 this year at least. Rumors are it will launch at 499$ and Indian price will be around 50-55k. Considering I bought PS4 slim for 25k that's double the amount

I loved the First TLOU. Just did a playthrough couple of months back. Haven't pre ordered as usually I buy pre owned when prices come down.
Old 16th June 2020, 14:47   #1482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Rumors are it will launch at 499$ and Indian price will be around 50-55k. Considering I bought PS4 slim for 25k that's double the amount

I loved the First TLOU. Just did a playthrough couple of months back. Haven't pre ordered as usually I buy pre owned when prices come down.
Not sure if I will get the PS5 on release either. I generally wait till there’s a slim version released, so that hardware issues are also sorted out. Thing is, there’s a standing offer from the wife for the PS5 on release, so pleasurably undecided .

I preordered TLOU II, just can’t wait for prices to go down.

Last edited by Pequod : 16th June 2020 at 14:48. Reason: Grammar!
Old 21st June 2020, 08:53   #1483
BHPian

I'm not eager to spend for a ps5. My experience with Ps4 Pro is not really special when comparing it to the standard Ps4. Apart from the graphical updates - I would have preferred extra frame rates.
The Forza Horizon series are really tempting for a car enthusiast. Looking forward to the next generation Xbox and the new Horizon game!
Old 21st June 2020, 09:18   #1484
BHPian

The PS5 is going to be a massive console. Renders based on the size of the disk drive have emerged comparing it to the other consoles and it dwarfs them.
Attached Thumbnails
XBox, Playstation and other gaming consoles-annotation-20200621-091750.png  

rahulcmoulee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2020, 12:48   #1485
BHPian

A question to the Xbox aficionados: I downloaded Call of Duty: Warzone yesterday (a 100gig download) only to find that it requires an Xbox Live/ Gold membership to play! Is there a standalone disc/ digital download to play Warzone? Or something like Fortnite without a membership?
I don't want a membership since I'm not very frequent in my gaming and only play once a week, if at all.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks