Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2022, 08:10   #1636
BHPian

Re: XBox, Playstation and other gaming consoles

Quote:
Originally Posted by abs182 View Post
Hi,

Just bought a Nintendo Switch for my 7 yr old Son.
Can anyone recommend some good games for this age category.
I am in the same boat, I got the Mario Kart deluxe 8 where we also have the option to play as multi player. My kid is also a Dinosaur and Lego fan and so went with Lego Jurassic World game.

Apart from this, I have taken the Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack which has a ton of free games to try. You can also check some free games without this monthly subscription.
ariendj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 07:47   #1637
Senior - BHPian

Question for Xbox users with Game Pass for Console. We have a Series S.

Does Game Pass work on one account or works across all the accounts setup on the Xbox? As an example, if I am setup as a Parent and my kid operates on his own account, does one subscription for Game Pass work, or, do we both need a subscription each?

I ask, as we had Game Pass Ultimate when we first got started. I later realized that a "Console only" subscription is sufficient as the same Games are not played on PC. I dropped the Subscription to Console Only. However; this seems to reflect different for me and my kid. Like it needs to be two dedicated accounts.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 6th June 2022 at 07:50.
Old 6th June 2022, 12:18   #1638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Does Game Pass work on one account or works across all the accounts setup on the Xbox? As an example, if I am setup as a Parent and my kid operates on his own account, does one subscription for Game Pass work, or, do we both need a subscription each?
As of now Gamepass is per account, so in your case 2 accounts would be needed.

There seems to be a family plan in the works, but not sure when it will be rolled out.
mayukh42 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 18:42   #1639
Senior - BHPian

Folks, getting a very frugally used XBOX Series S from Dubai at a very good rate.
Are the games and consoles geo locked?
I plan to get the game pass, mostly my kid is interested in driving/racing games.

Do share your thoughts.

Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 18:53   #1640
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Folks, getting a very frugally used XBOX Series S from Dubai at a very good rate.
Are the games and consoles geo locked?
I plan to get the game pass, mostly my kid is interested in driving/racing games.
I brought my Xbox one (circa 2015) from the US when i moved back to India for good. It's been a seamless experience.
locusjag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 21:16   #1641
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
I brought my Xbox one (circa 2015) from the US when i moved back to India for good. It's been a seamless experience.
This is great news, I will confirm this right away.
Old 7th October 2022, 20:56   #1642
Senior - BHPian

Hi all

Need some urgent guidance please. My son’s xbox has stopped connecting to the TV. Its switching on, so there is no issue about the power, but the TV doesnt seem to be detecting the xbox anymore. I switched the HDMI cable, ports, but still no sign of the XBOX detection by the TV. Otherwise my TV is working fine and all HDMI ports are detecting other devices like my apple TV etc.

Is this an issue with the xbox? Is there anywhere in Bangalore i can take this to check on the issue?
Old 7th October 2022, 21:20   #1643
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post

Is this an issue with the xbox? Is there anywhere in Bangalore i can take this to check on the issue?
You will have to ship to MS for repair. Don’t try to get it repaired locally, they would probably swap costly components with cheap ones without you even noticing.
cryptarchy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 21:24   #1644
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Hi all

Need some urgent guidance please. My son’s xbox has stopped connecting to the TV. Its switching on, so there is no issue about the power, but the TV doesnt seem to be detecting the xbox anymore. I switched the HDMI cable, ports, but still no sign of the XBOX detection by the TV. Otherwise my TV is working fine and all HDMI ports are detecting other devices like my apple TV etc.

How old the Xbox is? Is the HDMI cable regularly connected and disconnected ?

It most probably will be a faulty HDMI port if the Xbox remains switched on as you have stated above. You can visually check if the HDMI port has been damaged. Do look out for a good repair shop because the fix is simple but still the repair shops end up ripping off contact pads on the board and return it as it is.

Last edited by revvharder : 7th October 2022 at 21:26.
revvharder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2022, 13:06   #1645
BHPian

Sony has started 3 new PS+ membership plans. Deluxe, Extra and the normal one. I was just checking this, and the Deluxe and Extra package has something like "Games catalogue".
I think its just like XBOX Game pass. Where in you can play any game from the catalog without actually buying it. Am I correct with this assumption?
Brigadier is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2022, 20:29   #1646
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigadier View Post
Sony has started 3 new PS+ membership plans. Deluxe, Extra and the normal one. I was just checking this, and the Deluxe and Extra package has something like "Games catalogue".
I think its just like XBOX Game pass. Where in you can play any game from the catalog without actually buying it. Am I correct with this assumption?
I am currently using Playstation plus Extra for a few months now. I don't know how the xbox game pass works but it's just like the free games you get with regular PS plus, you can download any of the games in the catalogue and you can play it for as long as your membership is valid. When the membership expires the games gets locked, as it happened to me when my 1 month membership expired. Purchased a longer plan plan and all of them are available again without needing to re-download. Completed several AAA games with this.
Old 22nd December 2022, 22:56   #1647
BHPian

I have Playstation 4, primarily used by my wife rather than me. She wanted to get into online streaming through PS4. Can anyone suggest if this is possible through ps4 and if yes, then do we need any extra hardware to enable that?
Old 28th December 2022, 11:03   #1648
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi, need some urgent information.
My son like to play Just Dance 202 on the PS4 Slim. He's been using the phone app for that, but really wants the camera/move.

Can anyone tell me if the move controllers work without the Camera? I am getting a set for 10K, but the camera would be an additional 12 K.

If it is necessary to have the camera, I might just go the whole hog and get the full VR kit. In that case, is the VR good on the PS4? And is that capable of playing Netflix too ().
Old 12th January 2023, 18:50   #1649
BHPian

Finally got hold of brand new PS5 disk version , happy me !
Got it from vijay Sales, and got the PS Plus EXTRA membership

Last edited by Brigadier : 12th January 2023 at 18:52.
Old 25th January 2023, 21:18   #1650
Senior - BHPian

Hello all,

Need some recommendations. I am planning to get a console, steering wheel, pedals for racing games. My game requirements are:
1. On-track racing
2. Max number of cars availability
3. Just drive around randomlly in random cars in the game.

Please suggest games for that. The ones I have in mind are Gran Turismo, Forza, Asseto Corsa. Also looking at WRC and F1.

Depending on my gaming requirements, please suggest which one to go for keeping in mind price and availability:
1. PS5
2. PS5 Digital Edition
3. Xbox Series X
4. Xbox Series S

Basically a Xbox vs PS question. Also read that the Series S specs are lesser than the Series X. I dont want this to affect the gaming experience. I dont mind getting either. Just want to know which is better and available.

Looking forward to your feedback.
ChiragM is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed