Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2022, 17:20   #1621
BHPian

Re: XBox, Playstation and other gaming consoles

Quote:
Originally Posted by GandalfTheGrey View Post
PS4 is still a very good buy IMO. You can use it for the next 3-4 years without worrying about availability of games. Also, I highly suggest considering a pre-owned PS4, if you aren't considering it already.

I'm able to see PS4 available in Amazon and FK in Chennai. Do check out Webuy/CEX if it's available at your place for I'm sure they'll be having pre-owned PS4, and I've only had good experience selling/buying from them.

Cheers!
Thank you, I shall surely consider a pre-owned one as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
I got the PS4 Pro in October and it is more than enough to satisfy my gaming needs. A PS4 itself would have been enough but wanted a pro for the future 4K upgrade. There are enough games to keep you busy!
I forgot about the PS4 Pro totally, thank you for the suggestion. Shall try the pre-owned route for this.

I just called Landmark stores Hyderabad (I know someone there) and he mentions that ps4 pro production has ended. This is hard to believe given it's the more advanced version among ps4. Can anybody validate this ?
Old 23rd February 2022, 18:33   #1622
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post
Thank you, I shall surely consider a pre-owned one as well.

I forgot about the PS4 Pro totally, thank you for the suggestion. Shall try the pre-owned route for this.

I just called Landmark stores Hyderabad (I know someone there) and he mentions that ps4 pro production has ended. This is hard to believe given it's the more advanced version among ps4. Can anybody validate this ?
PS4 Pro was not officially available in India for a long time as they did not have the proper BIS electronic certifications to sell it here. The only option is to go the second hand route via gaming stores which is what I went for. Got a boxed PS4 pro (gifted actually) with 2 controllers for approximately 35000.

And yes, as of Jan 2021, Sony Japan has been unofficially reported saying that they will only manufacture PS4 slim to keep up with the demand for the PS5, not sure of the veracity of this though
arvind71181 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2022, 11:17   #1623
Senior - BHPian

Any one has Nintendo Switch (OG) here? I have been noticing some issues regarding charging. The device charges fast sometimes and sometimes takes hours with same charger/cable combination.
Just last night after I ran the device down to 12% and started charging only charged to 29% by the time I woke in the morning - no heating or anything but it just won't charge at its potential speed. Have noticed this on multiple chargers but the frequency is less on Samsung charger. Not sure how to debug it.
On other days device charges fast even if I am playing on it :S. On a full charge battery can go up to 4~ hours playing Witcher 3 or BOTW so the battery seems okay, health wise.
Old 2nd March 2022, 18:46   #1624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
And today they actually delivered the box!!
Hi,

Could you please let me know when you have ordered & when they actually delivered?

I live in Hyderabad too & have placed my order for Xbox Series X on 17th of Feb on Reliance Digital. I was elated when RD messaged that they have shipped my order on 20th Feb & the delivery date on the website still says 27th of Feb.

But Delhivery website says pickup not done twice (latest 25/02).

I raised a complaint to RD yesterday.
Hoping I would receive the Xbox Series X soon.

Neo
Old 2nd March 2022, 19:51   #1625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_narender View Post
Hi,

Could you please let me know when you have ordered & when they actually delivered?
Hi Neo, I placed the order on 17th Feb, and they delivered it on 22nd Feb.

Fortunately for me, there were no issues with Delhivery not picking up, etc.

Did you contact RD customer care? They open a ticket and provide updates within 72hrs. If you have already done that and it didn't help, I suggest you tweet RD and email some higher-ups.

Good luck!
shifu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2022, 20:52   #1626
BHPian

Hey,

Quote:
Hi Neo, I placed the order on 17th Feb, and they delivered it on 22nd Feb.
That was one quick delivery, considering how hard it is to get your hands on these new gen consoles. Kudos to RD.

Quote:
Did you contact RD customer care?
I have raised a complaint yesterday; I have just received an update saying there was some internal issue with the delivery partner & I will get the XSX by Monday or Tuesday next week.

Fingers crossed.

Neo
neo_narender is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2022, 18:52   #1627
BHPian

Hi all,

I apologize for a lengthy post but I just wanted to write in detail what happened with my Xbox Series X order.
I have been waiting for more than 8 months now, and have been failing to grab an order of either PS5 or Xbox Series X. Every time it's the same story, I am successfully able to add the product to cart, but when making the payment with OTP, the page says OUT OF STOCK!

But finally, I was successful in ordering an Xbox Series X from Reliance Digital on 17th February.

And the wait began.
Initially the Delivery Date was 23rd to 24th February.
But they changed it to 27th February.
That date came & went. So, I had decided to call RD on 1st of March. And they said there was a technical difficulty & the complaint was registered.
I got a call back on 2nd of March saying, as there was an issue with Delhivery courier services, the order got delayed. Rest assured, I will get my order next week (i.e., 7th March to 10th March)
On a whim I called today to check on the update, to which the RD agent said, "Your order was canceled because the product had some technical difficulty & has returned to the warehouse". Obviously, this made me furious & I have escalated the call.
I got a callback an hour later & they are sticking to the same story no matter what I say, they said they cannot resend a product that has once returned to their warehouse. The only resolution they are providing was a refund in 7 working days, which I had to grudgingly agree with.

Here's what RD's tracking said until 2 days ago:

XBox, Playstation and other gaming consoles-rd.jpeg

Meanwhile, please check out the Delhivery tracking page below:

XBox, Playstation and other gaming consoles-delhivery.jpg

Delhivery agents never even picked up the order as seen above. "Pickup not done" twice.

Now, I don't know which to believe or if any of it is true. Or have I just been taken on a ride! One thing is for sure, I am never ever trusting in Reliance Digital.

I can understand the incredible difficulty in restocking these high-end consoles, but come on! If you're going to cancel the order, do it in 1-2 days or better yet, don't take in the order at all. I was reading on twitter as well saying RD cancels orders all the time. But I still kept faith in them & did not even try to order a PS5 which went on sale on 22nd & I have seen it stay on sale for minutes on that day instead of 2-3 seconds usually.

Neo
Old 12th March 2022, 10:01   #1628
Senior - BHPian

Like I mentioned in my earlier posts, I picked up a pre-owned Xbox One X earlier this month. It came with two controllers, and I have subscribed to Game pass as well. My 9 year old son is currently the sole user, and he plays Forza and few other racing games at the moment. Any good suggestions for racing games where both of us can play together? I think using both controllers is not an option in most games like Forza etc.
Old 12th March 2022, 14:27   #1629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
good suggestions for racing games where both of us can play together? I think using both controllers is not an option in most games like Forza etc.
What you are looking for is local/split-screen/couch multiplayer games. Couple of racing games that come to mind are Crash Team Racing and Dirt 5.

If you are open to other genres, there’s Overcooked, Rayman Legends and many licensed Lego titles. All these are age rated for children, so no issue there.
Pequod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2022, 14:45   #1630
Senior - BHPian

I played Forza 6/7 with my daughter. And Trackmania, Beachbuggy, Ride, MotoGp7. Split screen version. She has the XBox OneX as well
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Like I mentioned in my earlier posts, I picked up a pre-owned Xbox One X earlier this month. It came with two controllers, and I have subscribed to Game pass as well. My 9 year old son is currently the sole user, and he plays Forza and few other racing games at the moment. Any good suggestions for racing games where both of us can play together? I think using both controllers is not an option in most games like Forza etc.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 12:41   #1631
BHPian

My tryst with the playstation began in 2005 when I purchased the Playstation Portable (PSP) on day one of its global release. Over the next 17 years I’ve owned the Playstation 3 Slim, Playstation 4 Pro and almost all the playstation wireless headsets such as the Playstation Pulse, Playstation Gold and the Playstation Pulse 3D headset. After trying in vain to pre order a Playstation 5, I finally decided to bite the bullet and purchase a brand new PS5 from a scalper. To tell you the truth I never wanted to purchase a PS5 from a scalper but I was so frustrated with my repeated failure in trying to preorder a PS5 over the last 11 months and the fact that the PS5 shortage is going to continue this year as well which spurred my decision on turning to a scalper to get my hands on a brand new PS5. I ended up paying Rs 15,000 above the market price for this February 22nd preorder PS5 which was shipped to the scalper in the first week of March. Its been a few weeks that I’ve been using my brand spanking new PS5 and its totally worth it.

XBox, Playstation and other gaming consoles-img_20220324_142528.jpg

XBox, Playstation and other gaming consoles-img_20220324_161305.jpg

XBox, Playstation and other gaming consoles-img_20220324_161410.jpg

XBox, Playstation and other gaming consoles-img_20220324_161450.jpg

XBox, Playstation and other gaming consoles-img_20220324_161504.jpg

XBox, Playstation and other gaming consoles-img_20220324_162356.jpg

My Entertainment set up LG 65 UF 950T, PS5, PS4 PRO, JBL BAR 9.1
XBox, Playstation and other gaming consoles-img_20220406_103344.jpg
chase_nt is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 14th April 2022, 15:35   #1632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chase_nt View Post
I was so frustrated with my repeated failure in trying to preorder a PS5 over the last 11 months and the fact that the PS5 shortage is going to continue this year as well which spurred my decision on turning to a scalper to get my hands on a brand new PS5. I ended up paying Rs 15,000 above the market price for this February 22nd preorder PS5 which was shipped to the scalper in the first week of March. Its been a few weeks that I’ve been using my brand spanking new PS5 and its totally worth it.

]
Got mine today. Just like you tried everywhere but failed. Got a 20 March 2022 delivered product with invoice and warranty for 5k premium above MRP . Just finished setting it up, it's play time.
tazmaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2022, 09:33   #1633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
Got mine today.
Congratulations. A Rs 5000 premium over the market price is a really good deal. Make sure you play Astros Playroom on the ps5.
Old 15th April 2022, 11:59   #1634
BHPian

Hi,

Just bought a Nintendo Switch for my 7 yr old Son.
Can anyone recommend some good games for this age category.
I got the Minecraft Game but need advice or suggestions for the age he is at.
Sorry I'm completely unplugged from Console Games.
Thanks a in advance.
abs182 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2022, 21:27   #1635
rbp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
Got mine today. Just like you tried everywhere but failed. Got a 20 March 2022 delivered product with invoice and warranty for 5k premium above MRP . Just finished setting it up, it's play time.
From which site did you get it?

Is happy gaming world a reliable site to buy from? Below is the link, site is charging 10k premium

https://hgworld.in/shop/microsoft-xb...ain-brand-new/

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks