Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2023, 15:38   #1

Namaste from The City Beautiful!

We all are aware of the scenarios of safe keeping our loved possessions in the vault and then completely forgetting about those possessions in our day to day churning. Visiting TBHP now and then kept urging me to fold my sleeves up and dig out that treasure from my buried past.

Well maybe now is the time.

Born lucky enough to be around every type of automobile since my childhood and curious enough to explore the mechanical working of those machines, I remember every morning starting and warming up my dad’s Sarkari M&M CJ500D hard top (must be 1970 - 1975 model) with bold ‘Govt of India Undertaking’ hand painted in white under the windshield when I was 10-year-old. Started an automotive workshop in the age of 19 with lot of passion but without any of business lesson.

I officially started driving in the Queen of Hills - Shimla in late 80’s. A sky blue 1984 Fiat Premier Padmini was my inseparable companion those years and those are golden years of my life. I firmly believe that mountains are magical and if you are on wheels (of any number) this magic becomes mesmerizing for life. Hence the name Pahadi Gear. Here’s a pic aptly depicting my philosophy.

I am Gaurav, now based in Chandigarh, The City Beautiful, a major vertical of my business is Road Safety.

I admire entire family of Team BHP for the continuous flow of knowledge and information and my sincere thanks to the moderators who stamped my admission to this great community. I will keep learning from here and may contribute a little as per my capacity.

I like multi range of cars but more than that I admire a driver of etiquettes. I really wish if car dealerships could start offering driving sense in their accessories shops.

Currently I enjoy:
Hyundai i10 Magna 2011
Honda City VX 2017 (just sold)
MS Scross 2019
BMW X1 2022
Skoda Kushaq 2023
Btwin Riverside Hybrid 500 2016

Hoping to have great time here, till then………Happy Motoring!

Namaste from The City Beautiful!-sukhda.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 17th June 2023 at 02:24. Reason: Picture inserted in-line.
Pahadi Gear is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 12th June 2023, 18:10   #2
BHPian

Re: Namaste from The City Beautiful!

Hey Gaurav,
Let me be the first one to welcome you here.
I, too, am settled in Chandigarh, and hail from Shimla.

That's a nice pic with a fantastic machine. Nothing beats the twisties in that weather.
ralto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2023, 21:44   #3

Many thanks Ralto, looking forward for more interactions with bhai log. Cheers!
Pahadi Gear is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2023, 22:58   #4
BHPian

Welcome on board! Just last month, I was in Chandigarh as part of a drive to Manali, so I got to experience the roads you speak of first-hand (again). A very nice garage you've got there, would love to hear more about the cars you've driven and your experiences driving in the Himalayas. I fully agree with your view on mountains, being a frequent traveler to them.

Hope to see you around soon!

Last edited by GForceEnjoyer : 12th June 2023 at 23:00.
GForceEnjoyer is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2023, 05:49   #5

Thanks buddy! I am sure you had a wonderful trip to Manali. Despite mega road infrastructures (and maybe cause of that) Himalayas have become crowded these days, I miss those days when roads were narrow and cars were few. But every time has it’s own charm and now more and more people can enjoy Himalayas.

Wishing you many more miles in misty mountains. Cheers.
Old 13th June 2023, 07:53   #6
BHPian

Welcome to the forum Gaurav!

Quite an interesting garage you have there.

I'm sure we'll soon have a travelogue/ownership post from you.

You'll find the forum a treasure trove with a diversity of views with some very enlightened insights.

I also hail from Shimla and learned to drive on a petrol Mahindra CJ-3B back in the 80s.

You make a very important point about driving etiquette, a very precious commodity that I find increasingly harder to come across every year I make a trip back home. I wish people learn to relax a little bit and extend courtesy to their fellow drivers on the road.

Drive safe buddy!

Last edited by Vikram Arya : 13th June 2023 at 07:56. Reason: Formatting
Vikram Arya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2023, 15:40   #7

Hi Vikram, every time I hear the name, Shimla my heart leaps . I can imagine you driving your M&M towards Naldehra.

Many thanks for your kind words and me too looking forward to read / share stories with BHPians.

See you around!
Old 13th June 2023, 23:50   #8
BHPian

Hi Gaurav,

Welcome to the forum. I also live in Chandigarh. I also have the same observation. Though the highways are great now but the rush at all the nearby hill stations does put me off. I too miss good old days.
nik0502 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2023, 15:30   #9

Thanks Nik and see you around here as well at Madhya Marg
Old 14th June 2023, 16:59   #10
A M
BHPian

Smells like a BHP meet cooking up.

Welcome to T-BHP, Gaurav ji.
A M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2023, 09:30   #11

Thanks AM and yeah as we used to say- Kadayee Rakhi hai, let’s see what cooks up .

Hope to see you around - Cheers!

Last edited by aah78 : 17th June 2023 at 02:23. Reason: Spacing.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks