Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2023, 20:16   #1

Hello Team-BHP

Hello Friends

Firstly I would like to thank the Mods for approving my membership. I had started applying for the membership more than 13 years back. The first time I went through the forum and the different threads I was completely awestruck. The awe still persists.

I don't think there is any other forum which has so much of knowledge about this topic and that too completely unbiased.

I would like to congratulate the Mods for keeping this forum bias free for so many years

As per me, Our family has a Honda City IVTEC V MT 2010 which has done about 70 K Km. We also have a Grand I10 Asta(O) 2015. the Honda city is now due for an upgrade and after reading through the forum threads I have almost finalised Hyundai Alcazar Signature (O) Adventure Edition (unless further surfing through this forum changes my mind )

I also own a Bajaj Dominar 400 2017 model.

I am Cardiothoracic Surgeon at Bhopal M.P.

Thanks again to Mods for approving my membership. Its really a dream come true

Cheers
Stoic Surgeon is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th December 2023, 14:09   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hello Team-BHP

Hello Stoic Surgeon,

A warm welcome to the forum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoic Surgeon View Post
As per me, Our family has a Honda City IVTEC V MT 2010 which has done about 70 K Km. We also have a Grand I10 Asta(O) 2015. the Honda city is now due for an upgrade and after reading through the forum threads I have almost finalised Hyundai Alcazar Signature (O) Adventure Edition (unless further surfing through this forum changes my mind )
Both very nice cars in the garage.

What was the thought behind going for a car with three rows of seating and choosing the Alcazar? Also, petrol/diesel, AT/MT?

See you on the forum!
Omkar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2023, 17:06   #3
BHPian

Welcome aboard, Stoic Surgeon! Regarding the bias though, while TBHP as an entity stays unbiased, the people here have a lot of biases, but the beauty is that people maintain dignity, grace, and decorum while treading around each other's biases. A certain user might be strongly biased in favor of electric vehicles while another may be skeptical about them, but they engage in ways which fosters exchange of ideas instead of descending into arguments. The moderators also do an incredible and fairly thankless job of keeping things clean, for which we owe them a lot! Hope you have a lot of fun, keep the rubber side of your vehicles down, and may you have a mutually beneficial existence here on this forum!
-Supermax
supermax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2023, 23:28   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omkar View Post

What was the thought behind going for a car with three rows of seating and choosing the Alcazar? Also, petrol/diesel, AT/MT?
Hello Omkar
The main reason was my growing family. My kids have grown up. My parents live with me. So that’s six of us. For last few years we started to take two cars whenever we all travelled within the city.

So all (mainly my mother) felt that a six or seven seater is the need of the hour. That’s why we started on a journey of seven seater hunting.

Shortlisted XUV7OO, Scorpio N, Alcazar. Then I started reading about these vehicles on TBHP forum. Slowly i developed an inkling towards Scorpio N. Both my children too wished for Scorpio N. Alcazar was behind in the list since Mahindra Vehicles have a lot of presence on road. Scorpio was the only vehicle where the highest trim was available in petrol manual. (i have never driven an Automatic so was worrying regarding this and regarding the marginally inferior mileage of the Automatic vehicles). Secondly since i already had a Hyundai Grand i10, I wished to buy a brand other than a Hyundai.

But when i took my parents to show them the Mahindra vehicles, I realised that these vehicles would be a great pain for them as the ingress and the egress was very problematic for them. Seeing mine and my kids’ enthusiasm they said yes to Scorpio N too. But I could see that they were not very happy. My father even slipped a bit while getting inside XUV 7OO.

I therefore, realised these two vehicles are not suitable for my parents. i did think about MG Hector Plus once, but did not go to visit. Then I and my mother went to see Alcazar. When i saw that my mother could get inside and come out very easily, i decided that all other factors were secondary.

Thus the Alcazar.

Just booked Signature (O) Adventure Edition, Petrol DCT Ranger Khakhi Colour today. Got a good deal too because of December offers. Now fingers crossed to get a good piece of December make.

Sorry for the long post.

Last edited by Omkar : 20th December 2023 at 08:59.
Stoic Surgeon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2023, 23:31   #5

[quote=supermax;5682179]Welcome aboard, Stoic Surgeon!

Thanks Supermax. Completely agree with what you said about the bias. Really the Moderators have done a phenomenal job of keeping this forum unbiased and extremely knowledgeable. Kudos to their efforts
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks