Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2023, 23:39   #1

Hello Team-BHP

Dear All,

I have been wanting to pen this introduction for almost fifteen years. Since my college days, I have been travelling with Team-bhp. Though I coudn't get the membership, I continued as a guest all through the years.Initially I had planned a lot for this introduction during the initial attempts and then real life happened outside of college and I was content being a guest.I had become content with "Well, Sometime I'll be a member".
After a long time I tried once again for membership and it got through. Well, life has been good, pretty tough though but good, 10 years into job as a banker, married, bought my own car a Skoda Slavia after having used my dad's Zen for all these years, became a father and now sharing this with you all.
Somehow I always felt relaxed and comfortable reading the threads and would often nod in acceptance of what people discussed about automobiles, travel or just things in general. People often used to give a second look at me when i say "No my car doesn't get parked there", even when the reply is "but there is pretty much good space available and you can park". But this was common here in many threads and I immediately felt accepted and bonded.
Thats all for now. Will be sharing more about my vehicles, myself. Until then.

sanr1303
sanr1303 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th December 2023, 18:36   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hello Team-BHP

From a Zen to a Slavia, thats quite a leap.

Congratulations on the your Skoda. Its a fantastic car and fun to drive. Which variant did you get? Looking forward to an ownership review. Glad that you moved to becoming a member after lurking around as a guest.

See you around in the discussions.
Dippy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2023, 22:49   #3

Re: Hello Team-BHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
From a Zen to a Slavia, thats quite a leap.

Congratulations on the your Skoda. Its a fantastic car and fun to drive. Which variant did you get? Looking forward to an ownership review. Glad that you moved to becoming a member after lurking around as a guest.

See you around in the discussions.
Thank You Dippy,

The Slavia I got is a 1.0 AT Ambition. Ownership review will be put up shortly.

Technically the Skoda is the first car I owned personally, the Zen belongs to my dad. Soon after dad got a Honda Amaze the Zen was handed down to me. The Zen was the first car in the family, bought during 2004, there has been lots of emotions attached to it. No one in the family was ready to let go of the Zen. To be honest the Zen was entirely with me since 2016 onwards and all the while I was looking for a new car but none of them ticked all the boxes. The Zen was doing its job pretty well, so didn't bother much.
There is lot of lot of stories with the Zen, which was bought when dad was posted in Mumbai, then brought to Trivandrum, then went to Andaman on a ship and came back to Trivandrum then stayed with me in Bangalore, Coorg/Mysore, Tanjore and now back to Trivandrum after I got the Skoda.

Here is the list of vehicles owned by our household:

1. Yamaha RX 100 - 1987 (Bought by Dad)
2. Maruti Suzuki Zen Lxi - 2004 (Dad's)
3. Honda Shine - 2008 (Gifted to me during college)
4. Honda Amaze VX CVT - 2016 (Dad's)
5. Suzuki Access - 2018 (My gift to wife)
5. Royal Enfield Standard 350 - 2019 (My own first bike)
6. Skoda Slavia 1.0 AT Ambition - 2022 ( My Own first Car )

There has been so many stories with all these and I always wanted a space to share these.

All the vehicles are still with us either with me in place of my work or my hometown Trivandrum. Hope to keep all the vehicles with me as all are very close to us as a family, but space constraints and frequent fitness tests are drawing questions for Shine and Zen. The RX has already passed five fitness tests with flying colours the latest being about 3 months back.

A picture of my Slavia, shot at Iravikulam National Park, Munnar.
Attached Thumbnails
Hello Team-BHP-skoda.jpg  

sanr1303 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks