Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2023, 21:37   #1

Hi Team-BHP

My favorite car is a Renault Fluence. It's the car I learned how to drive in and after I understood cars better, it's a car I feel is perfect for all my needs. I learned how to drive in December 2022. Since then the fluence was my tool and I learned all about driving through it. It introduced me to a whole new world, a world of cars and how they work. Been learning about them since. Made a lot of memories and mistakes in that car. It started dying, it's been flood-damaged once before and was 9 years old when I started driving it. I wanted it to be fixed, but everyone suggested otherwise. You can't have diesel vehicles in NCR after they turn 10. I went ahead anyway, put in a bunch of money and we got the clutch and flywheel replaced, the AC system got a fix with a ton of jugad, fixed it soo hard I couldn't stand the cold when it was at the minimum temperature. Things were good and then she drowned, again. This time a small patch of water accumulated by only an hour of rainfall. Went for an engine rebuild by this guy who promised me that even though I couldn't spend much on it (was low on money), he'll fix it just as new. It came back and it never worked well again. I was blind heading into how trash most car repair garages are. That feeling was extremely disappointing as if someone close to me died. It's my father's car. I wanted to make it mine by putting in the time and effort to resurrect it, maybe that'll make me earn it. So, I wanted to learn about fixing cars. There's a lot of material out there but it's mostly click baits or people just expressing opinions and I can't really cross-examine those opinions (lack of knowledge). So I started searching for a source of information that would be accurate. People with experience, people who are passionate about what they are saying, a place where the information has some reason behind it and has gone through counterarguments. That's when I found Team-Bhp. I joined in. Been reading posts, and seeing what people are up to. Fluence is dead right now. The battery died when I was on a big clean-up operation (I actually did a pretty decent job) and seems like the alternator is gone too. I gave up because I just did not have any time to either find a better repair person or learn it all myself. I still want to fix it. Sometimes I see dreams where she's fixed, wonky but she drives along with her ugly eyes. Today I decided to do what I joined Team BHP for. I am introducing myself and I'll start a post for the car. Anyone with any suggestions is welcome and I hope things turn out well for Fluence and me.
Fluence@1909 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2023, 09:37   #2

re: Hi Team-BHP

Welcome to the best automotive forum in India surrounded with like-minded automotive enthusiasts.

Thank you for sharing your experience with the Fluence and also your commitment to overcome all the plethora of challenges thrown at you. Kudos to your unblemished zeal. Keep rocking.
Old 22nd December 2023, 15:08   #3
BHPian

Re: Hi Team-BHP

Welcome to Team-BHP, buddy! You are in the right place for all things automotive! You'll find a lot of like-minded people in this automotive enthusiast heaven!

You have got nerves of steel! Only a few people can pull off something like that, so kudos to you buddy!!

Cheers!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks