Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2023, 17:11   #1

Hello Team-BHP

Dear all,

I have been planning to introduce myself and start my writing journey in TeamBHP, but somehow, it has been delayed.

I started my driving journey in 1989. I learned to drive in a Montana(Dolphin, a fiberglass car from Sipani). Our family has subsequently owned a Maruti 800, Matiz, Swift, Etios, XUV 500, and now an XUV 700 and a Celario.

The best small car among these was the Matiz, and the family car for four people was the Etios. XUV is a joy for long drives and much needed as the family grew with kids, parents, inlaws, and now a Celario for short runs.

I looked around for an upgrade for my XUV500 diesel.

Toyota's hybrids lacked features. And showroom treatment was lackluster.
Tata lacked sophistication.
Hyundai, somehow, I do not identify with the brand.
Skoda Koushaq and VW Tiguan looked good. But the family rejected it as they felt it was too small.

Finally, we went to Mahindra, XUV700.
The showroom experience (Anant Cars)is always good in Mahindra. I also bought my last car there, and this is my second with them.

Test drove the car. The amount of sophistication that has gone into the driving experience as an XUV 500 older model manual driver is a joy. Booked an XUV 700AX7L Petrol.

I finally picked it up at the end of November 2023. The delivery experience was in the expected lines.

I drove on the Nice road to and fro from the office. I was waiting to take it for a long drive.

Finally, I planned and took it for a temple run Bangalore -Tiruvannamalai-tirunageswaram-kumbakonam-Chennai-Tirupati and back to Bangalore in 5 days.

1) The pickup and driving comfort is impressive. You feel like you are sitting in an easy chair and driving. Maybe, more so for me since I moved from diesel manual to petrol automatic. The sophistication is at a different level.
2) Lane control assist and collision mitigation systems are a boon to drive
3) the 360 degree view for reverse or parking in right spots is a boon.
4) you have enough power/pickup for overtaking. Again, I think it's a function of me moving from diesel to petrol.

I completed 1900 km in one month, and the above is my first take on the ownership experience and an opportunity to introduce myself. I am looking forward to many more years and many more km of motoring in my 700. Also, I am looking forward to sharing in this forum my experiences.
Veeyar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th January 2024, 20:12   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hello Team-BHP

Welcome to the forum Veeyar. That's a nice list of cars you have owned over the years and congrats on getting the XUV700. Thanks for sharing your experience with the XUV700 so far; it would be great if you could write an ownership review detailing all the points.
Old 4th January 2024, 20:23   #3
BHPian

Re: Hello Team-BHP

Welcome Veeyar, you are in the right place for all things automotive!

A really nice write-up of your XUV7OO AX7L. It certainly is a really amazing car, what with all the features and the driving experience. Yet to get a ride in it!

Cheers bud!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks