Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2023, 23:41   #1

Hello, Imran from Bengaluru

Hello All,

This is my first post on the forum and I am starting my Journey with Team-BHP when the year 2023 is ending, I have only been passively following and reading reviews and discussions from many years now.

To begin with, I started my driving with Chevrolet Spark back in 2012. I believe this was the best hatch to be driven around the city. Extended family owned an Innova and Duster, these were equally driven around especially for our highway runs.

Fast Forward to November 2015, we were looking to upgrade our Spark, Booked Maruti Suzuki Swift and in few days was the launch of the Nexa Baleno, after seeing it on the launch day, we changed our minds and shifted our booking, Baleno Zeta (Diesel - Manual) was home in November 2015. First thing done was the black wrap on the roof and the Teflon coating, both from 3M. Drove this for more than 6 years for about 1-Lakh Kilometers on the ODO, the memories on this car was close to heart and come 2022, the launch of facelift Baleno in March, booked it on the launch day and the Baleno Alpha (Petrol - Manual) was home within 15 days (Exchanged my Old Baleno), the ODO reads 16510 as of today and I still believe that Baleno is an emotion and close to my heart and will always remain one. I have till date only done the 3M basic coating, with 3M nomad mats, the car serves our purpose for city driving and my office drives regularly.

In the meantime, we also had an addition of Innova Crysta (2019) and MG Hector (2022) within the extended family, I have been driving the Crysta on highways and I personally believe this is the best car to be driven and travel on highways. Though Baleno is an emotion, Innova for me remains my all-time favorite. Hector, has been driven around only for 5 thousand kilometers as of now (all of these by me alone), this is the only Automatic car with us and can be driven effortlessly, be it city or on the highways. I personally prefer the Manuals over the Automatics.

Quarter 4 of Year 2022 and 2023 – Wife and I were looking for another car and believe me, we booked all of these in the order mentioned and cancelled when these were allotted to us due to various reasons.

Kia Carens
Toyota Urban Cruiser – Hyryder and
Maruti Suzuki Jimny

October and November 2023, started looking out for cars again, Seltos Facelift was somehow not approved by wifey, liked the Taiguns and Kushaqs, but finalized the Hyundai Alcazar – Signature variant. We were proceeding and driving towards the Hyundai showroom to finalize the booking and on the way we just dropped into the Mahindra Showroom to have a look at the XUV700, We simply loved the way the car looks and what it has to offer and the test drive assured me that this is the next car we should have. Post discussion with our SA, we were promised (though I had my doubts) the delivery in a Month for the Petrol Manual AX7 variant, had to settle with AX7 as there is no Luxury variant in petrol manual. Booked it early November, post following the PDI checklist from the Team-BHP forum, the November manufactured car was home by Mid of December.

The XUV700 is driven close 800KM and is undergoing the ceramic and silencer coating when I am writing this post, I plan to travel across the country, especially my dream of being on a road trip to the Leh-Ladakh with this car if everything falls as per my plans and the approvals from my better half

I look forward to share my experiences and also to learn from all of you on this forum.

Thank you
Imruwzak is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2024, 11:49   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hello, Imran from Bengaluru

Welcome to the forum Imran!

Your family seems to have made some very good choices when it comes to cars. Innova, Duster, Baleno, Innova Crysta and more.

Glad to see that you finalised the XUV700. It's a complete car and hope you have an amazing ownership experience.

Looking forward to reading about your experiences with your cars.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks