Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2024, 16:24   #1

A Motorhead Chef from Kolkata

Wishing everyone a Very Happy New Year.

I have been an avid fan of the Team-BHP blog since my college days in 2006. Always have looked up to feedback by GTO and other revered mods on this page.

A little about myself: My dad was a hardcore diesel head during my school days, having owned 2 SWB & LWB Jonga, then a Mahindra 4*4 pickup Van with a "Jeep" pasted on it. I believe it was an FJ or something. Also owned an outlandish-looking three-wheeler tempo that only one could see in West Bengal. Part of me growing up I caught up with the bike bug and have been riding pre 1980's Royal Enfields since my first year of college.

Currently, I own a 2021 model Jawa 42 2.1 Sirius White. And when I say it's a hoot to drive, it really is—never given any pain whatsoever. Being a part of the Jawa group in my city I know for some people it's a headache.
The bike is super rev-happy and is the first to launch at a traffic signal; the dual-channel ABS is pretty effective. The downshifts create rapid staccato sounds like a superbike and is a head-turner in the crowd. The engine's roar is unmistakable, along with the new exhaust baffles removed.

I plan to keep this bike for a long time and move over to my first car, but I'm still in conundrums. My heart says Jimmy Zeta AT. My mind keeps saying a lot of other things.
Maybe my next blog here will be about my first long trip with my Jimmy. Fingers crossed.

Last edited by Turbanator : 2nd January 2024 at 16:32. Reason: Please go through etiquette of posting, proofread your posts, use only 2 forums smileys. Outside are not allowed.
MotoChef is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2024, 18:43   #2
BHPian

Re: A Motorhead Chef from Kolkata

Hey MotoChef, welcome to the club!

Interesting automotive upbringing and current stewardship, and hope you get the Jimny soon - TeamBHP Kolkata Jimny numbers has already reached double digits, more the merrier

See you in the f2f meets, as one picnic is already on cards - keep an eye on the meet section.
cr4nkshaft is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks