Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2024, 12:51   #1
BHPian

Hello everyone!

Hi all,

I wanted to introduce myself as I am new to these boards !

I am 39 years old and I have lived in Paris, France for the last 16 years. I work in the water industry in commercial development of services and solutions for the largest pure-play water company in the world.

I stumbled upon Team-BHP accidentally when I was searching for reviews on the BMW 330i that I bought recently, and the official review of the G20 model on these forums were a great help for me in my purchase decision !

In addition to the G20 model 330i xDrive, I own a Renault Clio 4 RS which is an absolute hoot to drive !

My dream is to get a BMW M3 into the garage (maybe upgrade the 330i down the line if I can find the money and the home minister approves. Saying that with lots of hope and not a lot of conviction ). Outside the realm of cars, I love watching the skies with my astronomy binoculars and playing tennis.
schumi_pete is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th January 2024, 16:18   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hello everyone!

Wow.. A Renault Clio RS. That's the first thing that caught my wye. Would sure ly love to know more about that one. Your 330i XDrive also sounds interesting.

Would be awesome to know about the car culture in Paris. I visited the city as a young kid and Im looking forward to going there again.

Do post ownership reviews of your steeds. See you around in the forum discussions.
Dippy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2024, 00:46   #3
BHPian

Re: Hello everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Wow.. A Renault Clio RS. That's the first thing that caught my wye. Would sure ly love to know more about that one. Your 330i XDrive also sounds interesting.

Would be awesome to know about the car culture in Paris. I visited the city as a young kid and Im looking forward to going there again.

Do post ownership reviews of your steeds. See you around in the forum discussions.
Thank you for the kind words ! The Clio RS is an uncommon car outside Europe because Renault sadly didn't commercialize it widely in the rest of the world. They sadly have a reputation of making stodgy cars these days because most of the cars they sell outside Europe are what you would call "Plain Jane" cars in their segments. But the old Renault Sport division made some of the best bang for buck sports cars where you can give a car several segments above a real run for the money for what an "aam admi' can afford

I have the fourth generation RS, which is actually not one that went down popularly with the hot hatch enthusiasts because it lost the manual transmission for a DCT and lost the NA two liter engine for a 1.6 liter turbo. They wanted the car to appeal to a wider group than the traditional hot hatch diehards with the fourth generation. Unfortunately, the emissions tightening has killed the Renault Sport division, and these days, you will have to significantly move up the segment to sample a fast Renault in the shape of Alpine. But you are heading into the BMW M territory with the Alpine these days.

But it is a real kart on steroids, weighing just about 1200 kilos and the 1.6 liter turbo puts out 220 bhp in the stock config. Mine puts out 250 bhp after the stage 1 chip tuning without any mechanical modifications. The Clio RS is best known for its unbelievable chassis rather than its outright power figures. I will try to do an owership thread on it, and hopefully I can do some justice to it, because the ownership threads on here are simply outstanding, and I have a lot of pressure to put out a thread that would be engaging and hopefully entertaining !
schumi_pete is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks